[Game Update] - 255385

• Developer
  • Tinker stations are now logic controllable.
  • Fixed a bunch of tasks not properly awarding mastery experience.
  • Dupes marked to Tidy but not Supply should now perform sweep tasks.
  • Tempshift plates should now be selectable.
  • Dupes should once again tinker buildings which have been disabled with logic.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if you had a dupe selected while they were delivering an item to a storage locker.
  • Using dozens of transfer arms should no longer cause significant performance drops.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using the transfer arms.
  • Job screen should no longer take more time to open based on how long it had been since you last opened it.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when cancelling fabrications right before the dupe completed their task.
  • Uncultured dupes should no longer have the art interest.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if a farmer used the farm station to tend to a plant which was not inside a valid room.
  • Planting a plant in a receptacle will pop out any incorrect fertilizer from that receptacle.
  • Dupes should gain mastery for performing all fetches instead of just fetches to storage lockers.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when transfering large amounts of energy between cells in the sim.
  • Courier should now list athletics as a relevant attribute.
  • Aptitude heart should now be properly displayed for the courier.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the simulation attempted to melt a liquid permeable tile.
  • Cleaning outhouses is no longer prioritized over all other jobs after loading a save file.
  • AutoSweeper should now be able to sweep items that are not reachable by dupes.
  • Fix for assignable side screen not showing which dupes have already been assigned.
  • Fixed issues with scrolling in jobs screen.
  • Updated Korean translation.
  • Updated Chinese translation.
  • Conveyors no longer prevent sublimation/state changes.
  • Decreased the storage sizes of algae deoxydizers/terrariums.

View full update

• Like 13

They're bloody outrageous uses of water. 300g/s each is INSANE. I haven't fired up the update to see what the storage was reduced to, but all it means is more dupe trips with water and algae. They only use about 30% less algae than deoxidizers to boot for the same amount of oxygen. Twelve put out less O2 than one Electrolyzer, and use enough water to feed almost four electrolyzers....

Edited by TheScaryOne
Numbers
  • Like 2

I tend to spread them out in the lower areas when digging for oil so they replace the CO2 with oxygen so my dupes have pockets of air to breathe down there. Works pretty well. But for oxygen generation for the base they are pretty bad.

4 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

i use them as checkpoint on other biome i explore early game, plus its just a small number and a temporary remedy for lack of oxygen

A deoxydizer, a manual generator, and a small (or smart) battery work just as well (with much less Dupe interaction). By cycle 100 I've backed up oxygen production from my electrolyzer, so I just start flooding my tunnels with O2.

Edited by TheScaryOne

3 minutes ago, PaulV said:

I tend to spread them out in the lower areas when digging for oil so they replace the CO2 with oxygen so my dupes have pockets of air to breathe down there. Works pretty well. But for oxygen generation for the base they are pretty bad.

@TheScaryOne see? terrariums are useful, depends on how you use it

so you prefer running down in place rather than just deliver and go

1 hour ago, PaulV said:

I'm a newer player, so apologies if my question seems silly:

So you send your dupes into other biomes without exosuits and they're ok?  Obviously avoid the slime lung, etc.- but the hotter biome is alright so long as you get 02 in there?

54 minutes ago, Quigleyer said:

I'm a newer player, so apologies if my question seems silly:

So you send your dupes into other biomes without exosuits and they're ok?  Obviously avoid the slime lung, etc.- but the hotter biome is alright so long as you get 02 in there?

The only biome you can't run your Dupes through is the oil biome with ~80°C. All other biomes won't cause any issues for your Dupes. Even the cold biome can be trespassed safely as long as your Dupes don't stand in freezing cold water.

Slimelung is only a problem if you play on miserable/fatalistic wiht no passive immunity regeneration. On standard it's almost impossible to kill your Dupes with reasonable amounts of Slimelung. If you sweep off the slime and place Deodorizers everywhere the Slimelung will never be a problem.

On Algae Terrariums: They are even more useless since they don't stop producing oxygen once they get overpressurized. This means popped eardrums everytime you bring your Dupes next to them. Algae Deoxydizers are simply superior in any conceivable way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Quigleyer: The hot temperatures at the bottom are an issue, but getting there takes a while so it helps to start relatively early. Also you can usually skim some oil off the top without your dupes dying immediately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Job screen should no longer take more time to open based on how long it had been since you last opened it.
  • Fix for assignable side screen not showing which dupes have already been assigned.
  • Fixed issues with scrolling in jobs screen.

Yeah! My 32 duplicants base with over 320 cycle thank you on this :)

Time to go back and see what thing I can make all those people work on now.

13 hours ago, PaulV said:

[about algae terrariums]

They won't really replace CO2, just displace it - check how much CO2 they consume: 333.33 mg/s, that's ~0.33 g/s or 1/3 g/s vs. oxygen production of 40 g/s which is 120x more. At 300 g/s water consumption they can be renamed "water deleter".