[Game Update] - 253205

• Developer
  • Fix for some jobs requiring more experience than intended since the last hotfix
  • If a Dupe has mastered a job and the amount of experience required to master that job changes due to an update/hotfix, that Dupe will now remember that they mastered that job and not be required to regain that experience if they are reassigned to it.

View full update

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Seriously, with the fact that now people manage their own deliveries as needed (like the cook fetch water and dirt to do his recipes), it is starting to look great.

I just saw a three team works wonder to build my new farm: Digger came in and opened the floor then the Supply boy came and delivered a bunch of materials and then the Builder came and build like 6-7 tiles in a row

I am sure that it will makes wonder with that kind of management now. Still harder at the start but with some practice, it should allow for some interresting bases and setting there :)

• Like 1

• Developer
9 hours ago, ScreenNameMissing said:

Automation is requiring a reload before it registers with the systems it's hooked up to.
May just be happening with connecting to mini air pumps, but I'm not 100% if others are affected or not.

If you haven't already, could you please post your save file in the bug tracker? Even if it doesn't reproduce the issue, we could see what your setup looks like.

• Like 1

I finally gave the most recent build a try and I must say I'm very happy about it.

Having learned from previous experience I rolled all starting dupes with +5 Athletics and didn't bother accepting further dupes with low athletics either. That's not related to the build but it affects how I perceive the game and I must say that the general experience is really good and I am pretty sure it's not just due to it.

I noticed that jobs do declare some related tasks, such as Architects do Deconstructs and "Build-related delivery and digging". I really, really appreciate it though they sometimes seem to be doing "normal" digs while there's undigged construction right beside them. I'm also not 100% sure if all deliveries are only to build sites but I wasn't paying much attention to that. Overall I must say it's now really way smoother with more working and less running around (still a lot of it, but less).

Also Farmers clearly do care about watering and fertilization, and most other jobs promise doing their related subtasks (though I haven't tested if they all really do).

Artists have "Wiring-related delivery and building" - I would hope it's a typo but I haven't seen my artist make a canvas. So that perhaps requires a small fix.

Thanks for the update, I love it!

I'm going to have to micro a few roles out of general purpose tasks - dupes get distracted pretty easily and I can't have my artist taking long walks in the wilderness to do the job of a gopher.

Which leads me to praise the latest overhauls as well.

Edited by The Plum Gate

43 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I finally gave the most recent build a try and I must say I'm very happy about it.

Having learned from previous experience I rolled all starting dupes with +5 Athletics and didn't bother accepting further dupes with low athletics either. That's not related to the build but it affects how I perceive the game and I must say that the general experience is really good and I am pretty sure it's not just due to it.

I noticed that jobs do declare some related tasks, such as Architects do Deconstructs and "Build-related delivery and digging". I really, really appreciate it though they sometimes seem to be doing "normal" digs while there's undigged construction right beside them. I'm also not 100% sure if all deliveries are only to build sites but I wasn't paying much attention to that. Overall I must say it's now really way smoother with more working and less running around (still a lot of it, but less).

Also Farmers clearly do care about watering and fertilization, and most other jobs promise doing their related subtasks (though I haven't tested if they all really do).

Artists have "Wiring-related delivery and building" - I would hope it's a typo but I haven't seen my artist make a canvas. So that perhaps requires a small fix.

Thanks for the update, I love it!

So it works with +5 athletics but what about "normal"?  Or is the new meta "you must only take +5's?

6 hours ago, chemie said:

So it works with +5 athletics but what about "normal"?  Or is the new meta "you must only take +5's?

Taking into account how long it takes them to get back to the base at night, I'd say the athletics stat is extremely important. And I haven't even expanded too far, it's just one straight floor and one long ladder. And I was lucky enough to hit oil biome at bottom and steam geyser at the top of the same ladder so I have everything to start building the tube system. This is at cycle 64 BTW with all research already done.

7Vkak2e.jpg

9 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

... I'd say the athletics stat is extremely important...

QFT

I mean, I'm tired of saying it. But yeah.
Too much of the game is running around doing logistics.
The one thing that can somewhat alleviate it is locked behind a job that takes forever to get.
The one occupation that deals with it has limited slots (what's the deal with job limits anyway?)
Shoehorned into specific playstyle.
Requiring more micromanaging.

Giving groundskeeper +3 athletics alone won't fix it.

• Like 1

liquid chlorine, dropping temp to -34c changes its state, but theirs a weird tooltip, it says flammable
ohhh i think i know what your trying to do for the next update, since the red alert button isn't used much, why not introduce something that will force the player to use it, like the name suggest "red alert" maybe something like fire in the machinery when overheated? i don't know its just an idea