Ideas for Unimplemented Characters

Hey guys

I was looking throug the Don't starve Wiki and found the unimplemented characters section

So I started thinking how would they work in DST, so here are my Ideas =D

Edit: thanks for the feedback, I will make some updates

latest?cb=20121227104403

Wilton (Health 200, Sanity 200, Hunger 200), Starts with 6x "bone shards")

-Has no Stomach (can't absorbe nutrients, so no health or sanity benefits from them)
-Crafty with Bones (has a bone tab)
    "bone helmet" [2x bone shard, 4x flint - damage absortion lower than football helmet, but deals 10 damage it attacked while using it)
    "bone armor" [2x bone shard, 4x grass - damage absortion between grass suit and log suit] 
    "bone sword" [2x bone shard, 2x flint, 1 gold - damage 63 - 50 uses]
    "bone chest"  [4x bone shard, 2x boards - a chest that only you and your friends can open)
    "bone sprout" [1x bone shard - plant to grow a "calcium tree" (similar to a marble tree, chop while fully grown to get 3x boneshard + 1x bone sprout)
-Belives in reencarnation (can revive by possesing dead player skeletons)

original Idea

Spoiler

Wilton (Health 200, Sanity 300, Hunger -/-), Starts with 6x "bone shards")

-Has no Stomach (means he has no hunger, but also means he can't consume foods, so no health or sanity benefits from them)
-Crafty with Bones (has a bone tab)
    "bone helmet" [2x bone shard, 4x flint - damage absortion lower than football helmet, but deals 10 damage it attacked while using it)
    "bone armor" [2x bone shard, 4x grass - damage absortion between grass suit and log suit] 
    "bone sword" [2x bone shard, 2x flint, 1 gold - damage 63 - 50 uses]
    "bone chest"  [4x bone shard, 2x boards - a chest that only you and your friends can open)
    "bone sprout" [1x bone shard - plant to grow a "calcium tree" (similar to a marble tree, chop while fully grown to get 3x boneshard + 1x bone sprout)
-Belives in reencarnation (can revive by possesing dead player skeletons)

latest?cb=20130315224544

Wortox (Health 150, Sanity 200, Hunger 150)

-Hates sunlight, but loves the dark (dusk and night time replenish his sanity, daytime lowers sanity)
-Stronger in his element (1.5x damage bonus in darkness)
-Has peculiar meat preferences (only eats monster meats, monster food has aditional benefits)

latest?cb=20121227104417

Winnie (probably place holder for Wigfrid)

latest?cb=20121227112143

Waverly (Health 150, Sanity 300, Hunger 150)
Special item: Cauldron (indestructable, can hide inside like a snurtle shell with same damage reduction)

-A frail lady (gets 1,25x damage from everyting)
-Likes to make her own drinks (can make potions with different proprieties using the cauldron [to use, drop cauldron on the floor to use the cauldron tab])
    3x "blue potion" [1x blue cap, 1x azure feather, 1x marble, 1x steel wool - 2x resistance to damage for 1 in game day (before items)]
    3x "green potion" [1x cooked green cap, 1x dog tooth, 1x batsilisk wing, 1x beffalo wool - reverses insanity inducing efects for a day]
    3x "yellow potion" [1x honey, 1x saffron feather, 1x mosquito sack, 1x stinger - 1,5x walking speed for a day]
    3x "red potion [1x red cap, 1x crimson feather, 1x gunpowder, 1x dragon scale - 2x damage for a day]
-Expert gatherer (yields double the food from mushrooms and bushes)

latest?cb=20121227112134

Wallace (Health 200, Sanity 100, Hunger 150)
Special item: Old Broken Sword (unbreakable, deals 41 damage, gives only Wallace sanity while holding it)

-A fierce warior (when his health is below 25% he gains a 2x damage bonus)
-Already lost his marbles (sanity drains really fast, but slower while holding his old broken sword)
-Loves to reenact old wars (gains sanity by fighting mobs)

original Idea

Spoiler

Wallace (no ideas yet)

any other Ideas?

30 minutes ago, UnknowX said:

Wilton
-Has no Stomach (means he has no hunger, but also means he can't consume foods, so no health or sanity benefits from them)

So you suggest a character for the game Don't Starve (Together) which practically cannot starve?

11 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

So you suggest a character for the game Don't Starve (Together) which practically cannot starve?

10 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of "Don't Starve" doesn't it?

I didn't remember every stage in Street Fighter being a street, or every fighter in SMB being male siblings, but ok

35 minutes ago, Naveil said:

I didn't remember every stage in Street Fighter being a street, or every fighter in SMB being male siblings, but ok

I'm just saying, if you remove the hunger part of the game you'll be taking out a huge part of the game, all you're left with is sanity and health, and those two factors are already easy to take care of.

It sounds boring. The whole food tab will be completely useless for him. He'll get no penalty for sleeping so that's an easy way to regain sanity and health. It will become a "sit around and wear a tam o' shanter" simulator

In the end it's a dull idea. I like eating and making a berry bush garden.

25 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

I'm just saying, if you remove the hunger part of the game you'll be taking out a huge part of the game, all you're left with is sanity and health, and those two factors are already easy to take care of.

It sounds boring. The whole food tab will be completely useless for him. He'll get no penalty for sleeping so that's an easy way to regain sanity and health. It will become a "sit around and wear a tam o' shanter" simulator

In the end it's a dull idea. I like eating and making a berry bush garden.

mmm....
to ballance him out we could add the "can't sleep" atribute

My Idea for Wilton is that he would be a kind of hard mode (diferent from Wes that is just weak)

Honestly, I'd love to see Wallace as some kind of crazy, senile, old man. He could have a perk that causes him to sometimes ignore sanity effects (both positive and negative) as a result of being senile. And just imagine how much fun it would be to write quotes for a character like this.

4 hours ago, 6480 said:

Can Wilton be a man in a skeleton costume the same way WX is a man in a robot costume?

I never really thought that theory holds up too well. Why does he physically get hurt from getting wet (not to mention the sparks when he's getting hurt from water)? How is it he can run faster and gains health from being struck by lightning? How is it that eating bits of metal (gears) makes him stronger instead of piercing digestive organs? Actually, how dose that last one work anyway? Even if he is a robot then additional gears shouldn't really do anything...

Posted some updates based on your feedback guys

6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, I'd love to see Wallace as some kind of crazy, senile, old man. He could have a perk that causes him to sometimes ignore sanity effects (both positive and negative) as a result of being senile. And just imagine how much fun it would be to write quotes for a character like this.

I never really thought that theory holds up too well. Why does he physically get hurt from getting wet (not to mention the sparks when he's getting hurt from water)? How is it he can run faster and gains health from being struck by lightning? How is it that eating bits of metal (gears) makes him stronger instead of piercing digestive organs? Actually, how dose that last one work anyway? Even if he is a robot then additional gears shouldn't really do anything...

I liked the Idea for Wallace's senile personality, so I based his perks on that.

some ideas:

Wortox:

- make him big and slow

Winnie:

- can use the beefalo horn while wearing beefalo hat to command beefalos

- bonus to beefalo domestication

- can domesticate and ride ewekus

- can milk goats? once per goat, once per week/season (during new moon maybe)?

- low dmg

Archived