Say hello to the Oxidizer

image.thumb.png.5f8694511c94a5c75d3d228a7e6d2412.pngimage.thumb.png.9ade23163a27239ffd865bad6bc8e0e5.png

This bad boy is fully autonomous and capable of processing small amounts of polluted oxygen quickly, or large amounts slowly.

image.thumb.png.45573c1ee44acbfaa59d70deb4fe7df2.png

All while drawing and pittance 240w average

Processing time is limited by the temperature limits of hydrogen which caps at -250, arguably I could push my system faster, however that would require monitoring and thus not be fully automated.

I throttle at 40 and 50 grams per second to keep away from -250 when it gets down into the functioning range.  As the system fills with liquid O2 that will cool further than the gas does and propagates a runaway that gets cut off by the flow rates used.

8 minutes ago, sundial said:

im still a bit new to the game; what does this do?

It freezes polluted oxygen into liquid oxygen, and then evaporates it back into clean oxygen.

It was a popular build back in the days before the addition of sand deposits in other biomes, and especially now that the granulator makes sand an, for all intents and purposes, endless resource.

Unless you literally have nothing else to do in the game but experiment it's pretty pointless as a simple deodorizer is vastly superior in every way.

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

It freezes polluted oxygen into liquid oxygen, and then evaporates it back into clean oxygen.

It was a popular build back in the days before the addition sand deposits in other biomes, and especially now that the granulator makes sand an, for all intents and purposes, endless resource.

Unless you literally have nothing else to do in the game but experiment it's pretty pointless as a simple deodorizer is vastly superior in every way.

ah, thanks.

wouldn't it be slightly useful since the cold would kill off germs, or do deodorizers already do that?

1 minute ago, sundial said:

ah, thanks.

wouldn't it be slightly useful since the cold would kill off germs, or do deodorizers already do that?

Deodorizer already do that... in a way. Slime lung cannot live in clean oxygen and will fairly quickly die out if there's no polluted oxygen around.

34 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

It was a popular build back in the days before the addition of sand deposits in other biomes, and especially now that the granulator makes sand an, for all intents and purposes, endless resource.

You are undoubtedly correct, however I have megatons of polluted o2 to convert, a method that uses almost no power, and takes up no resources or dupe time(power here comes from nat gas gen) its literally a fully automated air cleaner.  No dupes running around for refills and rework.

and to that end the idea is to put 8 or 10 of these in a row above a single pump station

1 hour ago, Kabrute said:

You are undoubtedly correct, however I have megatons of polluted o2 to convert.

For mass conversion there are far more efficient builds than this though that has far higher throughput with far less power consumption per processed oxygen.

Technically though you only have to convert at the rate of which the dupes consume it, and maybe a bit more. One deodorizer equals the consumption of 0.9 dupes.

That is of course you deem you need it at all. Destroy or control all slime lung on the map and you don't actually have to convert polluted to clean oxygen at all.

3 hours ago, Saturnus said:

I agree in a way. But I feel like you overestimate the energy consumption. If you use the cold to actually cool stuff then all you are using is pump energy.

Deodorizers do a fine job. But you need to set them up in a way so the slimelung dies off before reaching your base. This method is a guaranteed germ killer and costs very little energy.

But most importantly it's much cooler (!) to produce oxygen that way instead of using predefined devices.

3 minutes ago, clickrush said:

I agree in a way. But I feel like you overestimate the energy consumption. If you use the cold to actually cool stuff then all you are using is pump energy.

Deodorizers do a fine job. But you need to set them up in a way so the slimelung dies off before reaching your base. This method is a guaranteed germ killer and costs very little energy.

But most importantly it's much cooler (!) to produce oxygen that way instead of using predefined devices.

Slimelung is so underpowered though, So killing it isnt really needed if its small packets, I mean a 2kg tile at 60k germs wont do diddly squat to your dupe nowadays. 

Probably by far the easiest thing you can do is just cool it all down to 0 degrees with wheezeworts, this kills all the germs and then just pump it into a high traffic area, your dupes will breath that in over the oxygen,so they breath in sterile polluted oxygen. Since dupes consume it the Polluted oxygen isnt gonna float around forever.

5 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Slimelung is so underpowered though, So killing it isnt really needed if its small packets, I mean a 2kg tile at 60k germs wont do diddly squat to your dupe nowadays. 

Probably by far the easiest thing you can do is just cool it all down to 0 degrees with wheezeworts, this kills all the germs and then just pump it into a high traffic area, your dupes will breath that in over the oxygen,so they breath in sterile polluted oxygen. Since dupes consume it the Polluted oxygen isnt gonna float around forever.

I agree. The big two arguments for this methods are: Do you use it to cool something and do you find it fun. If you can answer both with yes then this is a pretty good method to produce oxygen. And nowhere near as inefficient as some people make it out to be.

On 12/13/2017 at 11:51 AM, 0xFADE said:

Looks nice. Can you go in to detail on how the oxygen gets back out?  It looks like it is still in a liquid state down there with no obvious way to warm up/refill. 

Not as much, I did rebuild the dump room to have a liquid pump beneath the gas pump,   Plan to pump this over the top of my heat farm, its running above 40 there XD

The liquid state was a bug with those tiles beneath/

image.thumb.png.adeb3809fad07eb55367888ba19ffa87.pngAs the sensor hits 0(vacuum or fluid filled state) the doors open, the liquid falls, the sensor has a 5 second lag +and gate + 1 second buffer so it must hold a vacuum for 5 seconds to trip the doors.  They dump the 2 pumps clear, the system resets and resumes.  Automagic.

image.thumb.png.77b46af57cdafaadbca5e7ce39ea7dc7.png

image.thumb.png.ce1b34820b5c11923308fd7f18aa9ca3.png

These pump it over to an 900 watt processing station that sorts and separates the gasses by type for long term storage
Due to standing bugs in the game, on load I lose about 1/5 the gas in each station.

image.thumb.png.019921f2bf658bafaf35aace7243e5ae.pngThis is the heat farm I mentioned, well these and the refining equipment :)

image.thumb.png.36853311f3d2b5157d826717e2206def.png

Nearly done and with this it should create a standing thermal sink outward from the center creating faster and faster liquifaction of outer gasses.

Abysalite for fall external contact points except bottom floor, tile for whole floor cold at once, wrapped in sandstone insulator.  Please note that the above would have ALL been abysalite if I had had enough.

That being said I think this will create a thermal reaction system that cools down the pO2 faster

image.thumb.png.d7a23dfe4181ebaa47e9a0dc08d0cbf1.png

Just a few more units and the system will be charged, then have to finish cycling the gasses out of the bottom.  That pump has been running for ages just to clear the base tube but its because it held 3 gasses, p02, Ch, H.  Nightmare to clear.  all thats left are mainly H with 2 with some O2/PO2 in the far end, gonna dump their O first then clear all the Hydro at once then start charging the system with pO2

If you look closely everything is tied to one single power line, that massive power sucking 4.2kw drain is being played out with at most an 600 watt pulse by bleeding my lines at 20 g/s async I watch little ripples run through the temp exchangers.   Everythings run by 1 natty gas with 10 batts and the array of transformers you see on the left side of the system.

I start the system with the batteries dead and the gene off.  I also activate all pumps etc so that everything is tugging on the generator when it starts(opposite of real world, omg, smh 4tesla) this limits what can draw power when(power available) and so sets the sequence of items drawing power under 1k.  Have all your valves = and not above 50g/s I'm using 20 on the big grid

have all your valves = each other but not be above 50 g/s

At 20 g/s I'm holding a steady 44C in the left side of the "hot box"

After running for 5 cycles its hottest regulator is at 17c at peak activity, it "averages" 400 watts power, thumping 700 odd watts through the system from time to time.  1 nat gene on that entire array, plus that same gene is still powering the old liquidizer

Adjusted pressure in "hot box" to 3kish weezies and vents :p temp dropped dramatically, running system at 40 g/s no probs might work my way up, 100 has always been too much 50 has been safeish.  I can't fix things inside the box if they break so i'm being careful now XD everything is isolated and sterilized and labratory like

Hydrogen flooding the "hotbox" was primo, the little weezies are pulling the room down to their own personal thermal lockout and I have the machines running as high as my power grid will allow.  160 g/s flow rate, 1200 w blinks onto the power grid averages still 4-500 watts

image.thumb.png.588c305aeaaaa93ade35255fcd340612.png

image.thumb.png.70122b1dba1c628a799b213b05f504a9.pngimage.thumb.png.50c0265c10b0d4a830409a9f8da6d4a7.png

real time sample temps as I bring this behemoth online and up to full steam :)

If you build this, drop the weezies height by 1 but make sure you keep a thermo block under the bottom row, seperate them from the wall beneath :)

it would be way faster for the dupes to jump the bottom rows gaps than it is for them to climb that top row obstacle course.

Could you please explain this in more details?

Spoiler

I think you made an ONI forum record in the biggest number of consecutive posts by one person.
And I had to post this because 10 is nice round number and with 11th post in a row you would ruin it...

Archived