Say hello to the Oxidizer

15 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Who knows? Because you can? It's not efficient in any way but hey, who am I to judge? I've certainly made pointlessly complicated builds to solve simple problems just for the sake of it before.

No real input aside from work, get O2 out.  How is this not efficient?

image.thumb.png.79bb18fdeb06a4a1528ed2f5d41e9950.png

Its being fed at 30C

I'm building one of these right next to the garden, going to use doors to push the PO2 into the tube, one liquid pump to pull LO2 out, One gas pump to pull warm O2

image.thumb.png.a36475141f13cbaf72bdc989daf74640.png

2 radiators was enough to liquid low volumes of PO2 at a constant, the new system will use 7.  I'm installing a thermal sensor on the gas pump at the top, if its getting -100 or colder it will redirect back over where the LO2 exits into the same cold O2 thus passing over the thermal plate again.  I'm thermal sinking my outgoing O2 to my incoming PO2 and am incorporating thermal plates to help with this transfer.

I'm also going to use thermal sensors to control my doors thus my air flow and volume will be based on the efficiency of my cooling tower and the pressure of air moving into the system.

Thus my air conversion speed limit becomes fixed to 10k / s (Liquid Pump rate) and if this is so, that will be enough :)

What ever happened to good old-fashioned morbs?  With a bit of manual control, one dupe can spawn enough morbs to support himself in about 45 cycles by using an outhouse and not cleaning it.  After that, he is just providing extra oxygen for his friends.  Using a method like this, you can easily clean the oxygen and send it away.  The downside is, of course, the micromanagement requirement...

Maybe an automation could be designed?  1 outhouse per latrine and after 15 people have come in, you lock the door for x time and then open it again for cleaning (which creates more polluted O2).

You can use the pneumatic door trick to drop the in a room, which can be pumped in to the liquid o2 cleaner

Yuck, I see why morbs aren't used anymore...

11 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

What ever happened to good old-fashioned morbs?  With a bit of manual control, one dupe can spawn enough morbs to support himself in about 45 cycles by using an outhouse and not cleaning it.  After that, he is just providing extra oxygen for his friends.  Using a method like this, you can easily clean the oxygen and send it away.  The downside is, of course, the micromanagement requirement...

Maybe an automation could be designed?  1 outhouse per latrine and after 15 people have come in, you lock the door for x time and then open it again for cleaning (which creates more polluted O2).

You can use the pneumatic door trick to drop the in a room, which can be pumped in to the liquid o2 cleaner

Yuck, I see why morbs aren't used anymore...

You mean like this?

Yes!  That is exactly it!  I think if the game acts correctly, when you have more than 15 duplicants, you should be gaining in morbs,  One question:  Do morbs spawn if the bathroom is full of something like chlorine?  I don't want my dupes hanging out in the bathroom and, as I recall, morbs wouldnt spawn from bodies if they were immersed in chlorine (though I could easily be wrong about this).

image.thumb.png.b9829067507bb9a61fa02397ed38e5d3.png

Its just starting up but I've got a 6kg plug in the tube and 10k in the first transfer chamber, and 18k in the rail

its only down to -20 in the cooling chamber because I don't have enough weezies yet (currently exploring for more) but as soon as I do I will crank the machine up higher and higher as I can :) Until its full throttle.  In the mean time its atleast drawing down to temp without creating any more heat than these weezies are handling (that top one has the top of the AC box at 0 and falling which is dropping all the temps beneath it.  I plan to flood that space with hydrogen shortly after which cooling should cease to be a worry.

image.thumb.png.90e5090aff76bc4eeeb8f632686dc08d.png

Its actually functioning, I added more doors to the intake chamber, its primed over 100k to plunge the tube on the left when the door opens XD  the LO2 drips right over the drop shaft then the cold O2 heats up (so far) to 10 C before getting near the pumps XD I'm loving it.  I couldn't keep the other system fed, this one is up to 18k grams at the top 9k at the bottom and converting a block every 10 seconds or so.  That being said, its just getting started :)

image.thumb.png.5ae3159334be673c31f2508711a71e54.png

image.thumb.png.50be5ec938aedcdc909544a1edcbb1ae.png

the top two cooler sets are throttled 150, the next 2 sets 120, then 100, the last one is set to 80 g/s for hydrogen coolant flow.

I'm using thermal controls on my doors to try to create a constant thermal run-a-way on incoming PO2

Inner shaft thermo set to door set to -40, the door messes with temps on it but once the bottom gets a steady drip going the plate drops the temp, trips the thermo, opens the door.... Pressure ends up 3-5k higher each time this happens, but it seems to be a good idle speed.  I'm seeing a 20k+ block converting every 90 seconds, I figure a solid rate of 250 g/s converting for a steady draw of 600 watts, 400 of which is pumps pulling the warm O2 out XD  Since their only feeding the base they can't run constantly XD but they manage to keep the pressure down and the system works.  PO2 seems to rise in a space, pressure is almost always higher at the top than the bottom in feed rail and backwards in the garden tonight.  To that end I installed more doors in the bottom to try to compensate for this.  May have to go ahead and be all doors for the bottom half.  Honestly this was why I built the doors in that staggered setup.  The spacing is perfect to back fill with doors if needed.  Needed at bottom but not top XD

even after running 15 cycles its still getting 8 - 10 degree air at the pumps, by the time it hits the base its room temp.  Back bleeding the cold O2 over the incoming PO2 is working perfectly, my only change would be to . . . set the door back from the tube a bit, just a couple blocks.  To keep from messing with thermals quite so much.  And if PO2 keeps rising the way it does, maybe build the cooler at the top of a shaft, then go gardens on either side feeding said shaft.  For future builds Y x 40 Gardens require floor to ceiling doors 5 deep to maintain proper draw to keep the rot rolling.

Pretty nice Kabrute!  Reminds me of a debug design that I tinkered with back in the AU update of a similar vein.  Getting a high thermal exchange rate in the pre-cooler is the key to an efficient design.  Just one thermal regulator can be good enough if the incoming P-O2 is cold enough.  Eventually, the design bottled-necked at the P-O2 pump in the pre-cooler room.  Gases move so slowly in this game and there wasn't any high-pressure vents at the time so the bottom room had to be very tall in order to give the P-O2 pump enough space to get in nearly 500G/s of air.

20170619160208_1.thumb.jpg.29c5b1fb9b3172d3c4aa157354a754f3.jpg

Yes, I ran into the same bottle neck thats why I switched to a doored system with no base limit on material transfer. 

I could probably get a much higher effeciency out of my system if I switched to hydrogen in the AC rooms as well.

Switched to hydrogen in the AC room, turned up the tuners till I'm running 900W constant on my coolant.  From top to bottom 200, 180, 150, 120, 100, 85, 70.  This is enough to dump 100k through the upper door then watch it diffuse down to 30k and liquify at the bottom.  Thermal sensor on said door currently set to -60 for the past 10 cycles.  Pump set to 60kg at bottom for the same time frame.  Both supply lines of O2 to the base filled so I tied the residential to the industrial and started back filling it with O2 :)  The only "Oxygen" source besides 30k per cycle from deodorizers was the Oxidizer for 9 residents.

Dupes are using about 480 kg of O2 per cycle and this machine appears to be keeping up with that.  :)

This is my best coolant system yet, producing a steady enough supply of LO2 to supply a base of 10, barely :) , indefinitely.  The longer it runs the better it runs and therefore the more it will support which is perfect for growing bases, however it take attention and patience to bring it up to say, 20 dupes worth of conversion speed.  I've just got it up to convert 40kg blocks of PO2 ever 2 minutes(give or take), and on that success I will sleep.  Good night.

by setting the hydro sensor to 499 I get a little rip saw reaction super cooling pump by submerging it completely in LO2 before re-exposing it to the PO2, it seems to be speeding up the reaction rate, that could just be the dropping pressure in the tube but iono. The upper thermo temp is set to -80 and keeps the pressure floating between 50 and 80k which is making enough LO2 for 10 dupes at a constant.

It gets faster and processes bigger chunks the longer it runs so I would say its not yet begun to show me what it can do and already I'm thinking of rebuilding to fix some flaws in the thermal buffering and restructure the cooling tower. The door at the top for sure needs to be re-adjusted to be further from the cooling towers cold plate, that interaction has been frustruating :) I've put 2 timers on the pumps power feed so they run half the time in 1/4 chunk increments. image.thumb.png.a2185bd85d1dc71dbdd0b4795ed75a19.png

So that the O2 flowing from the Cooling plate to the pumps has time to rebuild pressure on the pump side.image.thumb.png.4f810d3df16e5fd2bf116c886d312f6e.png

Those aztec warriors are thermal sinks pulling the cold from the O2 out in to the PO2 injection chamber, yeah thats 700k prepped for injection (I love doors) it wont all go at once but thanks to pressure differences it dumps a good ton of po2 every time that door opens.

That bank of thermal sensors up there was an idea to close doors starting at the bottom if it got to cold in the pump room, heat rises so the colder it gets the more doors close thus only the hottest O2 is getting to pumps..... in theory......... in reality it was a waste of resources but everything is experimenting :)

to the left of the aztec guys is the door that needs to move, i'm thinking turn it sideways where homedudes face is with a little thermal buffer running down from the door inline with his body, and mebe even keep that thermal plate between the door and the top plate to keep the door colder.  Put another thermal block where the top of the door is.  This should provide a bit more throttleling on injections and buffer against thermal interference more.  Another change to make is to connect those injection intake doors to a metal plate mebe with a refinery or plastic plant underneath heating it up.  Right now the cold is bleeding across and I'm getting 8C at the firepole over there......

My next model will use one bank of coolers with 3-4 weezies cooling each coolant room.  The coolers cooling coolers idea in pure hydrogen environments with the weezies acting as ultimate thermal sinks doesn't break anythings its just using a touch of power to stretch my weezies, or concentrate their effect.

Using that setup I should be able to double the number of coolers hooked to the tube..... I'm gonna need a bigger tube, should I go longer/ wider/ or some combination of the two?

image.thumb.png.349b46ebceaebdd9a096f4494f6373b8.png

Finally replacing those treadmills :) 

Gonna add 2 more rows of transformers, industrial and residential power :)

There is a wire bridge through the pressure sensor under the treadmill because trying to run a wire resulted in a dig command (ruins legacy status?)

cooler works better with pump set to 480K, enough liquid to steer the gas pressure, without covering the equipment and ruining the coolant rod effect.  covering the pump was actually slowing the system down by a good 30 seconds each time it filled that high

Final counts to set it and forget it, for 10 dupes at a constant from the top set your flow rates to :    157, 137. 117, 112, 97. 80, 65.  You can bump these numbers a few degrees, more with the top ones if you watch and tune them back when the system "cools down"  I have found that leaving it at these setting though it just drops the PO2 to LO2 at a nice steady rate.  These settings are at 50k+ grams pressure in the tube

In part because each step is moving closer to the final phase, and also because there is a continuous evolution, at different pressures in this one system different values were needed for the valves, state dependent variables given with their resultant values over a spread allows others to provide a scalar judgement of efficiency over its growth and running period.

tldr having more data lets others see where my flaws are and where improvements can be made

Sure if one post could convey the full evolution of my experiments over time, this post spans 3 separate games as I dialed in my skills at making LO2.  Sure there may be ways others are used to doing things that aren't the same as I do but honestly I'm still getting used to every thing these forums can do, one minute I'm posting along and its adding it to the previous post, the next its starting new posts.

Archived