Say hello to the Oxidizer

2 hours ago, Kabrute said:

160 g/s flow rate, 1200 w blinks onto the power grid averages still 4-500 watts

So, 160g/s oxygen converted for 4-500W consumed.

In other word 1.6 dupes worth of oxygen for the power 1.5 dupes can generate on a hamster wheel.

2 hours ago, bzgzd said:

Could you please explain this in more details?

Hide contents

I think you made an ONI forum record in the biggest number of consecutive posts by one person.
And I had to post this because 10 is nice round number and with 11th post in a row you would ruin it...

I could!
@Saturnus

So, 160g/s oxygen converted for 4-500W consumed.

In other word 1.6 dupes worth of oxygen for the power 1.5 dupes can generate on a hamster wheel.

Overunity!

Its currently recycling Gas H through the Thermo regulators, pO2 in inserted into the tubes at the top, when the system drops below -186 in one room its walls start radiating that cold and the neighboring tubes start dropping liquid O2 off the walls filling the system with LO2, this is pumped into the central shaft to recycle the cold back into the system.  This sets up a chain reaction :)

the 160g/s is the hydrogen flow rate, conversion of gasses is much faster in the tubes as I'm not converting pO2 IN my air lines, i'm cooling hydrogen

The conversion of PO2 to LO2 is happening in the fins between walls

I'm pumping pO2 in to the top of each shaft and letting it sit in to rooms.  I keep the H moving through the tubes, flow rate and thermal exchange with gas limits thermal crawl of H.  Pushing the system at 160g/s I get a temperature difference of 70 degrees between H and pO2 which is fine at warm temps but my thermal out MUST be below 224 or it will flash liquify H in the line.

So far a running speed of 120g/s H seems to be cooling, will update again soon.

image.thumb.png.0daee368d7cb77a4aef1f619bacc23aa.png

image.thumb.png.9fcdce67b694894099dfb868922d99d4.png

The extreme cold of the H drives the PO2 to liquify.

using normal vents I get 2k pressure in room, 1k pressure in Coolant.  When up and running it converts pO2 faster than the pump inserts it XD

I'm venting PO2 directly into the stacks and letting it convert in open air then recycling the liquid and pumping out the gas in the discharge chamber beneath.  Its floors and walls are tile wrapped in thermals so that I can pool liquid O2 there for pumping into the central shaft.

image.thumb.png.4a056033c41a66f11eff394decfc29c2.png

by making the stacks "2 wide" it mostly prevents pO2 mixing with O2, they tend to swap left to right but not up/down

so you end up with a general plunging action that collects LO2 and O2 at the bottom continously adding pressure in from the top, coolling on the drop and converting before it hits bottom.

Initial start up stuttetered when the left hand tube prematurely discharged due to excessive conversions creating a vacuum up the tube.  Instead of tripping on pooled liquid it tripped over excess conversion speed. XD

image.thumb.png.6ef472f7feb2d9a735654deaaca51508.pngimage.thumb.png.97a1ea11e74e09d14abd73d750ac5998.png

2kg per square, 2 squares wide, 12 squares tall, thats 48kg of pO2 per tube, x 10 tubes for 480kg of PO2 currently floating about -175 as it finishes cooling that bottom rail

10 tubes for conversion

cross linked for thermal cross reactance.  One tube liquifieds, all surrounding tubes start liquifying

image.thumb.png.33513933bd164c4539e0ea936d80039f.png

image.thumb.png.6ccdc4408901ff30d403880661a55032.pngIt has begun

image.thumb.png.cf28b08fb78472ccbcc4ecd6c64fd5f0.png

The airlock on the far left is acting as a thermal sink right now vaporizing all the LO2 that gets near that set of "blocks" on the floor.  Eventually this room will maintain LO2 and I can start pumping it into the central shaft and watch the real magic begin

Points of Clarity 160 g/s was hydrogen flow rate while driving temperateratures down.  Operating speed right now is 100 g/s on all systems, that far left door is finally down to -165 and falling fast.  Thermal sinking the walls is flash liquifying the O2 in the blast chamber so that will make it easy to pump into the central collumn

image.thumb.png.f6e738c7358406dc9b1930486028083f.png

image.thumb.png.f4ce47ba3f21619ff65493fea289bd71.png

reducing flow rate to compensate for runaway reaction.  Each block of hydrogen is passed through 2 coolers before being injected into a rail.  This puts it going in 30 degrees colder than it comes out.  All fine and good but hydrogen liquifies at -252 and thus our danger zone

And thats happening because the pressure is dropping in those rails because the pump isn't supplying enough pO2 to the system to keep up, oh thats an excellent problem to have

I'm liquifying the pO2 faster than the pump can supply it XD

image.thumb.png.b015c725462b9e4337eca05cbe8ed7bd.png

Nozzels are set to (from left to right) 0   0   0(secondary cooling)  50   100(central spire)         100 100 100 100 100 (feeder lines)  All bottom doors open except central spire.  Its acting like a thermal sink flash liquifying gasses pulled passed it by the vacuum of literal too cold to exist

image.thumb.png.bd0d983142d05017db16cf86e22baa4a.pngimage.thumb.png.2e51de39e2d84167c3b3614dd4c9092b.png

I have a tap line I can pull the liquid O2 out of the system by dumping the central spire and pumping the liquid O2 down to my next future project.  The liquid H machine

image.thumb.png.0405402d0139ec57303067927f0c7715.png

image.thumb.png.5b7fcb2867bedd8a45c6aac3e1c6957a.png

just scrolling over the pictures I have produced 2340k of LO2 over 10 days, 234 per day, not enough but 5 of those days had problems so lets start fresh, 2340k of L02 is current baseline lets see what tank holds at end of next 3 cycles and factor our averages

Taking samples at night fall for consistency now

2840lk

Would you call that 1000 g/s pO2 feed rate?  its incredibly close and has been maintaining that feed now for 3 cycles

image.thumb.png.da077d2ff1dfb45ff176249f3f25c0fe.png

Running my hydrogen at 120 g/s across all coolers, feeding the pO2 from 2 pumps into the line at a constant 1k g/s

and up to 5k LO2 in the central collumn

Right coolers(finishers) throttled to 75 g/s.  Left coolers (Thermal Drivers) throttled to 150 g/s pump in bottom moves LO2 to metal plate on top at input.  This lets incoming heat transfer to LO2, precooling PO2 on insertion to speed up conversion.  These throttle rates are based on Pre-Cooled figures. By maintaining super cold O2 in the top and super cold LO2 in the bottom it converts faster than all other systems built thus far.

image.thumb.png.2bc09000bfc3b2a1052d9b8c6624a099.png

Building a PO2 source now, going to rebuild the new liquidizer to the left of this garden, use some thermal sensors to control incoming flow rate and let the intense pressure shove itself into the liquidization system.  This will put us operating at atleast another 10x higher pressures than the max vents output.  As such the Liquidizer will be reworked on the rebuild to incorporate more cooling and start up that continuous chain reaction I keep harping about.  The goal is a power draw of less than 800W converting 20x40 plants worth of PO2 at a constant.  This should be enough stead O2 to supply 20 dupes, which will then allow me to print said dupes and start building bigger toys.

13 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

The goal is a power draw of less than 800W converting 20x40 plants worth of PO2 at a constant.  This should be enough stead O2 to supply 20 dupes, which will then allow me to print said dupes and start building bigger toys.

I my experiments you need 117 mealwood per dupe on average. So 800 plant will barely be enough for 7 dupes.

And prepare for an FPS nightmare.

2017-10-26.png

Just now, Saturnus said:

I my experiments you need 117 mealwood per dupe on average. So 800 plant will barely be enough for 7 dupes.

Is this based on autodrop or harvest.  Pulling with pumps or doors?  Average room pressure through out, and highest pressure point?

With the setup I've built above the doors will hold a constant 400 grams right in front of them and pull the far wall of a 40x garden down to 1200, thus keeping the rot bloom at max degrade.  By allowing dupes to harvest I can pull a drop every 3 days instead of 7, slightly more than doubling the autodrop rate assuming thats your setup.  This allows me to run 17ish dupes off this garden and if your math is exactly right then I will simply scale upwards at an average of 3 floors per dupe............

22 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Holy cow and why the heck?

Who knows? Because you can? It's not efficient in any way but hey, who am I to judge? I've certainly made pointlessly complicated builds to solve simple problems just for the sake of it before.

Based on what I see your system is operating at like 25% efficiency at best.  Those pumps couldn't possibly be pulling the gasses 5 rows down and 20 plants over.  With too many turns your not going to get nearly the suction you would want so yeah, you would need tons but really you were only generating PO2 from the nearest 25-30 blocks to each pump, so having 2 pumps stack kinda broke their purpose there.

You can actually see where the yellow thickens up 6 or so rows from the pumps.... XD like half of each garden wasn't even putting out PO2 just loading up more and more pdirt XD

Archived