28 minutes ago, Nanoking308 said:

So, I've heard the dupes now fart, producing natural gas. When I was playing, I was like, where's the nat gas coming from?

Anyways, how do you guys deal with this? What would be the best way to get rid of that nat gas?

Only dupes with the flatulent trait farts. The way to deal with it is to not accept flatulent dupes. Just like mouth breathers and loud sleepers it's just annoying traits that you should avoid.

In the long term, if you do have a Flatulent Dupe, you will eventually need to put a Gas Filter behind all of your Gas Pumps, in order to sort the NatGas out from your general flow.  Protect your machinery from wrong input, as well as putting that NatGas to use in your power facility.

3 hours ago, Nanoking308 said:

how do you guys deal with this?

As Saturnus says, don't take them in the first place.  Imo it is the worst trait of them all.  Just adds a bunch of unneeded complication, unless they are confined to a very small area.  Then it's only a little unneeded complication.

I dont think that flatulance is a problem in the long run. Once i secure a reliable power source,  i build a atmospheric filter in my main base to remove all gases except Oxygen (basically, a gas pump in the bottom and another in the bottom of the base, each with a filter to separete oxygen from other gases. Oxygen is send back to the base, other gases are send to furter filtering, so, in the end natgas end going to a nat gas tank, polluted oxygen goes to a place where is liquified and converted to pure oxygen, chlorine goes to my food storage, co2 to scrubs, and later to slicksters, hydrogen to power generators and anti-entropy. That way  my main base always have pure oxygen.

5 hours ago, fredhp said:

I dont think that flatulance is a problem in the long run. Once i secure a reliable power source,  i build a atmospheric filter in my main base to remove all gases except Oxygen (basically, a gas pump in the bottom and another in the bottom of the base, each with a filter to separete oxygen from other gases. Oxygen is send back to the base, other gases are send to furter filtering, so, in the end natgas end going to a nat gas tank, polluted oxygen goes to a place where is liquified and converted to pure oxygen, chlorine goes to my food storage, co2 to scrubs, and later to slicksters, hydrogen to power generators and anti-entropy. That way  my main base always have pure oxygen.

This is what was meant by "unneeded complication".

+1 to the avoid, always

Farters

Mouth breathers

Bottomless stomachs

Last 2 are half a dup.  I also Don't like narcs.  I thought they slept same total amount but no, they are just a 80% dup.

I ignore dup stats and select solely on negative traits and reject all vs taking the above sub par dups.

42 minutes ago, chemie said:

I also Don't like narcs.  I thought they slept same total amount but no, they are just a 80% dup.

Actually, you can force move a narc when he falls asleep to wake him up with no consequence, and if you assign a bed for a narc and disable it - the narc will work through the night ;)

The exploit won't work after loading until you force move a sleeping narc

33 minutes ago, brummbar7 said:

Unless they changed it in the automation update, this is true for any dupe, not just narcoleptics.

It is not changed and this bug/exploit is quite bad...

Tooltip says they should pass out at 0 stamina but they don't.

I can understand that when their bed is inaccessible they might need to do some work to make it accessible, but when they are at 0 stamina and walking like zombie sleepwalkers they should be at 1/10 speed or something.

5 minutes ago, Le0n1des said:

As far as I remember, non-narcoleptic suffer some stress debuff due to lack of sleep

They are "tired" but I think no debuff from that.

While Oil Upgrade was being developed, the High Pressure Gas Vent could be built with Raw Metal like the regular vent. I put this to good use making gas storage tanks, and decided to see what this Flatulence thing was all about. The guy single-handedly filled up several Kg/tile of Natural Gas all by himself. Eventually I was going to try to power the entire base on his farts to see how long it would last, but never got that far.

Archived