Faster shooting trick!

Hunterluz

So, while I was playing The Forge, I saw webber shooting like 3 darts per second. I was like "what?".

He was shooting at 2 enemies at the same time so I tried that too and look:

Look at me (*Wendy*). 

The trick is simple.

To shoot faster, all you need to do, is fight at least 2 enemies. Just click on one of them and then on the other one (repeat).

If you guys have already seen it here, on the forums, then I'm sorry, I did not know.

P.S

Sorry for bad quality video!

You have to hold f AND click, just clicking won’t work. I’ve been on some meh connections and it’s always worked for me, hard part is not accidentally clicking on the arena instead of the mobs which causes your character to walk forward. Some also say you can rapid fire one enemy by clicking at the feet of your character with every shot or so but I haven’t had much luck with that tactic myself.

1 hour ago, Dekay said:

You have to hold f AND click, just clicking won’t work. I’ve been on some meh connections and it’s always worked for me, hard part is not accidentally clicking on the arena instead of the mobs which causes your character to walk forward. Some also say you can rapid fire one enemy by clicking at the feet of your character with every shot or so but I haven’t had much luck with that tactic myself.

for that yoy need at least under 100 ping, for single target thing, for multi target lag doesnt matter that much.

It's a little wonkier in 100+ ping, but still mostly works fine- it's just a bit less consistent and you'll probably get slightly less attack speed. In like 30~60 ping it's easy to do it very fast, potentially tripling your attack output. (It feels slightly easier with staves, as well)

Dunno how to do it on 1 target consistently enough that you aren't putting out overall less damage. I got it in small enough bursts to say it's possible, but. Haven't witnessed others pulling it off, just anecdotes on the forum.

Willow competes with Wicker as a strong mage choice with this strat (roughly same damage w/o any item juggling, and you prolly have healer wicker to petrify), while Max is mostly obsolete unless you REALLY want that sweet boarrior stun. Wilson still steal merciless badge from fire staff users if they aren't doing it too, teehee.

As glorious and fun multishotting is, wait until you come across players that are using scripts/game tweaks to achieve it perfectly. Made me almost lose interest in the Forge when I first saw such a player, who even admitted it. Luckily, I figured I could still enjoy the Forge if I simply decided to avoid lobbying with players I strongly suspected of scripting

Other than that, to rapid fire (single target), end your attack animation sooner by moving as soon as the projectile leaves your character.

More than one way to do this. I use: keep holding F, and tap any of WASD to move. I've only been able to achieve rapid fire with staves. Doesnt seem possible with darts/melee but I havent tested that thoroughly. At first you might find it helpful to use the "magic ball" that forms in front of a staffer when they're attacking, as a visual cue for when you should tap move. With practice, you'll be able to develop a rhythm that requires very little focus to do it the entire game

PS: At first, rapidfire can be so addicting/distracting that you might find yourself attacking the Boarrior, not realizing your teammates need to heal :D

4 minutes ago, Tumalu said:

Willow competes with Wicker as a strong mage choice with this strat

I'm glad you say this. Because if  player uses multishot and rapidfire, I too believe Willow has become a strong contender for highest dps throughout an entire game. Simply because she has darts early game to multishot with, and her fire damage applies to every multishot with the staff. Not manyrealize that Wicker's is valuable as a firestaffer only if the team strategy is to always use her spellboosted meteor on as many mobs as possible

On 2017/11/27 at 8:40 PM, Dekay said:

you can disable leftclick walk by edit playercontroller.lua ,return WALKTO action.

9 hours ago, afkout said:

you can disable leftclick walk by edit playercontroller.lua ,return WALKTO action.

Can you please elaborate on this? The Left Click Walk-To drives me crazy in both the Forge and the regular game. 

Is this the part of playercontroller.lua I should be editing?

--Default fallback lmb action is WALKTO
        --Possible for lmb action to switch to rmb after autoequip
        lmb =  (lmb == nil and
                actioncode == ACTIONS.WALKTO.code and
                mod_name == nil and
                BufferedAction(self.inst, nil, ACTIONS.WALKTO, nil, position))

I'm not a modder or programmer, so I'm not sure what it is I have to change this to to disable left click walking entirely. I tried Googling for more info on this and came up with nothing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Archived