Match Statistics

ScottHansen

• Developer

Hi everyone,

The game play statistics used to determine the end of match player cards have been saved in your DST documents folder. The files are in .csv format and can viewed easier when opened in a spreadsheet program (eg Google Sheets,  Excel, etc). Now you can compare yourself against your teammates and find out why you didn’t end up with that Merciless card.

The files are located in: \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\forge_stats

Oooh, this is neat for looking at damage dealt comparisons.

And, the merciless card is purely based on damage I'm pretty sure... most of the cards are for stuff like that. Like, the healing card for doing a lot of healing will obviously only ever go to the person using the living staff. That's just kinda how they work. It's not like the card is something you keep anyway, it's purely the little titles you see on the post-match win screen.

It's kind of weird though, it seems you need to add a few numbers together, and I still feel like the damage numbers in the file aren't as high as the one I ever see on a Merciless card post-match?

EDIT:Just wasn't looking at the right matches, there we go- a nice Willow with 40k totaldamage <_<

• Developer
13 hours ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

What is the criteria for earning the Merciless card? 

Currently each card references one stat (some stats don't have cards).

13 hours ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

Wes, are not designed to be damage dealers and inherently would be very unlikely to earn a Merciless card

If you gear Wes as your main DPS then you can try for the Merciless card.

11 hours ago, Tumalu said:

It's kind of weird though, it seems you need to add a few numbers together, and I still feel like the damage numbers in the file aren't as high as the one I ever see on a Merciless card post-match?

With the damage numbers, make sure you look at total damage dealt (there are also player and pet damage dealt columns). Same goes for damage taken.

Ohh, what a super neat feature. Thanks, Scott! The only remark would be that the files are named after the game session, instead of using a date or something more comprehensible. (e.g. forge_stats_201710291646.csv, that is, year:month:day:hour:minute, rather than the esoteric game session).

Nevertheless, this is really, really nice. I did indeed wonder how far off I was of getting the Merciless card after quite a few matches. ;)

Scott, any chance more statistics could be added to the spreadsheets before official release?

Such as:

Time spent alive (or time spent dead. Either works)

Number of primary hits (eg. Holding F)

Total damage by primary hits

Highest total damage dealt by what weapon by each player (eg. PlayerX - 30,389 damage - firestaff)

Archived