Can we nerf the Beyblades?

Pies

I have no idea what the turtles in The Forge are called now, so I'm just gonna reffer to them with what truely reflects what they do.

I just thought they need a nerf on the ammout of time they spin and their ammount of hp. Both of the complaints stem from the fact that it's just not fun to constantly have to wait for them to stop what they're doing and wait till you are able to attack them.

Hello @Pies, welcome to the forums. They may seem unusually beefy and also untouchable when they spin, but there is a way to stop them from spinning. The easiest method is with the Forging Hammer, characters that can use melee weapons can use the weapon skill of a hammer to stun them while they spin.

The trick is to land the stun right where they will be once you land. So its a matter of reading their movements, determining which of your allies is their target and then predicting the next direction of their spin. With that you'd be able to stall their spins. You can also use Woodies Axe skill to stall them, or even Wigfrid's dash attack skill I believe. There might be other methods I can't recall right now but the key thing to know is that there is a way to stop them.

Also, try not to attack all of them at once. Because once they are low on health, the spinning starts. The general tip would be to only kill them 1 by 1 while one of you lures the others away. That way you'd only have to deal with one spinning Snortoise at a time, at least.

Here's a decently informative community documentation of all the creatures at the Forge. The Forge Beasts and You.

I hope that helps, cheers.

Focus on one turtank at a time with the whole team so that you don't get several of them spinning simultaneously. They only start spinning at low health, so it's best to kill all of them one by one instead of spreading out damage.

You could also halt spinning turtanks via special attacks or by letting them hit WX.

The spinny turtles do reliably fall asleep after entering the heal circle, but there's a delay. Instead of immediately conking out like other things, they'll swing back and forth through the circle a couple times, clonking the people who are inside the heal circle to heal (and potentially killing them)- then after doing that the turtle will pass out just outside of the circle. :p

So while the sleep circle does work on the spinny turtles it's not as effective as using the hammer or WX, because sleeping them gets them to become vulnerable to attack again but it doesn't quickly stop them from doing damage.

I believe Wigfrid's dash may also flip a spinning turtle but due to their high speed I don't think I've ever seen her land a dash on them. It's way easier to get them into the hammer AOE.

17 hours ago, TheBlob said:

The spinny turtles do reliably fall asleep after entering the heal circle, but there's a delay. Instead of immediately conking out like other things, they'll swing back and forth through the circle a couple times, clonking the people who are inside the heal circle to heal (and potentially killing them)- then after doing that the turtle will pass out just outside of the circle. :p

That means it was still focused on its original target and decided to sleep after the target was dead. That's not very reliable.

how to avoid:

WX's passive stops them when they hit the robo

molten darts special, lucy, and hammer special all stop them in their tracks.

If they pass through the healing circle one or two times they fall asleep. 

focus them one at a time. 

On 10/31/2017 at 2:01 AM, HamBatter said:

That means it was still focused on its original target and decided to sleep after the target was dead. That's not very reliable.

that's not what blob means. the turtle falling asleep is irrelevant to the people inside the circle dying: whether there are no people, some people, or dead people in the circle, it will fall asleep after passing through 1-2 times.  it is reliable. it's happened in literally every game anyone has played of forged. they wake up pretty fast after since they're not continuously in the circle, but they stop doing the spin attack so it works just the same as any other way to prevent it.

Archived