Power transformers bouncing "no power"

once about every second I get a "no power" flash on the transformers and then it disappears.  There are plenty of batteries upstream on the heavy wattage wire lines.  Everything downstream is getting continuous power and the internal charge of the transformer does not change.

Untitled-1.jpg

Spacerock.sav

from my experience, the lack of a load on them causes them to remain uncharged. So it looks like that switch on the tepidizer might be causing the circuit to see no consumers. I'm assuming that's where it was connected at least.

There may be some legacy power consumption rules in play on those, but If I've got no load on the low watt side, I would rather it not be charging - this means heat is being generated when no power is being used, So I can understand having them power down when no power is passing through them, otherwise this would result in free heating since discharge rates of idle batteries and capacitors  energy storage is practically negligible.

You need batteries down stream as well to avoid brown-outs.  I remember Risu saying it's basically lag.  Though the problem was  (for me) mostly on the consumers and not the transformers themselves that was having the brown-outs.

1 minute ago, Reaniel said:

You need batteries down stream as well to avoid brown-outs.  I remember Risu saying it's basically lag.  Though the problem was  (for me) mostly on the consumers and not the transformers themselves that was having the brown-outs.

But downstream is never seeing a brown out.

Never mind, - you've got the no power icons, I see that now. Perhaps it's an issue of wattage provided vs joules stored and load, ..so lag..

Edit, this is one reason why I harp on about the nature of joules in batteries and considerations for their storage as variable watt providers (in the suggestion forum). Something I think should be stated in watt seconds, or have the entire grid provide energy in joules/s, storage in joules.

But the fact is that your batteries are powering the the circuit along side any generators ( there's a deficit in generation), and this appears to be causing issues of availability - batteries are charging and discharging. In the grand scheme of things, I tend to store all my power on one side of a transformer or another.

2 minutes ago, chemie said:

I added a battery downstream on each circuit and it still does it (after reload)

Edited above this comment.

I think you've got lag - there's some sort of compound - who's doing what? in your circuit when the sum of generators isn't enough to provide the circuit, and batteries are being used to provide additional wattage. Basically a charge or discharge conflict. I would post your observations in the bug forum - and link this thread there as well.

I have the same issue. The transformer text says "All available power sources have lost charge". This is with all of my batteries being full. I have even turned off all of my generators to isolate them and my problem persists. I didn't notice this problem until after about 5 transformers were active.

3 minutes ago, zzKratoszz said:

I have the same issue. The transformer text says "All available power sources have lost charge". This is with all of my batteries being full. I have even turned off all of my generators to isolate them and my problem persists. I didn't notice this problem until after about 5 transformers were active.

Deleting all but one still does it

7 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Interesting, the circuits aren't seeing the batteries as a power source - but they're still using the power. That's probably the bug then.

Deleted all joint plate (just to check) and deleted all the batteries (even upstream) and rerouted the heavy wirre to avoid touching transformer and it still does it with only one transformer.

Untitled-1.jpg

Just now, chemie said:

JLK confirmed it is a bug, and will be fixed in the next update in 6 weeks.

Mods can move to bug tracker if desired.

It's more likely to be fixed in the next hotfix or two -  seems like they were on top of these types of things in the hotfixes rolling out for the preview.

Hmm... My guess is that they were trying to work on the brown-out bug, and invariably introduced a new bug.

Seeing how in the latest hotfix:

3 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Fixed a bug where circuits were no longer overloading.

It's pretty likely they did something with regards to circuits for the full OI launch, and a few new bugs got in because of it.

EDIT: NVM, just read one of the replies by @Saturnus stating that producers will now cause overloading...  So that's probably they were working on in terms of circuits...

48 minutes ago, Reaniel said:

Hmm... My guess is that they were trying to work on the brown-out bug, and invariably introduced a new bug.

Seeing how in the latest hotfix:

It's pretty likely they did something with regards to circuits for the full OI launch, and a few new bugs got in because of it.

EDIT: NVM, just read one of the replies by @Saturnus stating that producers will now cause overloading...  So that's probably they were working on in terms of circuits...

oh boy, I wonder how they'll be handling batteries in that case? Understandably, the power draw is demand based, so not exceeding the circuit's stated load and potential will be relatively straight forward.

But if we actually plug in the doors?, yikes.

41 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

oh boy, I wonder how they'll be handling batteries in that case? Understandably, the power draw is demand based, so not exceeding the circuit's stated load and potential will be relatively straight forward.

But if we actually plug in the doors?, yikes.

There's no change to batteries. It's just the wires. So if you have a circuit with more than 1KW total load you must use heavi-watt wire. 

For example if you got a 4KW generator build with 5 hydrogen generators and a battery bank connected to it, all the batteries and generators must be connected with heavi-watt wire.

Although it is worth mentioning that manual generator connected to a circuit now makes that circuit a power circuit.

You can see (and use) my test bench debug set up. It's good for about 800 cycles of maintenance free testing.

The Test Bed.sav

2017-10-07 (1).png

2017-10-07.png

Archived