Mods That Feel "Right"

Does anyone know of any mods that feel right?

I feel like I need just a bit more content but most mods feel... cheaty? I want mods that feel like they click right in or fit well that aren't HUD or helper mods because I got them all :D

Felix's Bomb Pack.

Ridiculously fun to use, and actually gives incentive to gather things like reeds and nitre that normally have very niche purposes.

Like some of their other content, and some content in the actual game, it feels like certain bombs cost too many resources to the point they aren't very accessible. But the standard normal bombs are a good mix of power and cost. Really enjoyable to throw around and kite enemies into them, should be in the main game.

4 hours ago, ojuice22 said:

Does anyone know of any mods that feel right?

I feel like I need just a bit more content but most mods feel... cheaty? I want mods that feel like they click right in or fit well that aren't HUD or helper mods because I got them all :D

There is a water mod thats seems highly reccomended just type in water on the steam search bar and yo'll find it.

Pickle It!

No, that's not an order, it's the name of the mod.  : P  It adds new veggies both growing in the ground and more variety that you can grow in the farm plots too.  And, of course, its namesake--you can now preserve your veggies in an old-fashioned way too, not just your meats.  In a pickle barrel.  Low-tech, art style that looks just like the game and at least some of the character's text strings when you have them examine a new veggie (pickled or fresh) sound pretty darn in-character.

It's one of those mods that after you've been using it a while, you almost start to forget it's not canon.  :)

Picture of the pickle barrel in-game:

onefootinthegrave.png

That's it, right near the firepit and lightning rod.  (I'm also using the Birds and Berries and Trees and Flowers with Friends or whatever it's called mod here, which is why there are weird-coloured birds.) You can see one of the new veggies here too--a nice fresh onion, ready to harvest.  Mmm.

Also, on the purely cosmetic side...Dusk and Night Music.  Some hate it, I myself think that the silence goes on WAY too long in the seasons that have both long dusks and nights (winter and spring, I'm lookin' at you.)  All the music is remixes of the original daytime songs played with the same kind of "instruments", and the dusk ones sound somewhat toned/slowed down, then the night ones are like super ssshh!  whisper! like it's trying not to wake anybody up.  Heh.  The winter dusk music is my favourite.

AND if ya don't like it, you can just deselect it the next time you start up your game and it won't harm anything.  (shrug)

There's also Gnome Variety if you're tired of digging up the same old gnomes.  :)

...Notorious

37 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I really like Animal Variety and Painted Pig Houses. They change nothing in the game play, and the colors are compatible with the graphics style, but the add a bit of extra life.

just subscribed the animal variety mod. nice tip! I like mods like this

3 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I myself think that the silence goes on WAY too long in the seasons that have both long dusks and nights (winter and spring, I'm lookin' at you.)

Could try getting some friends on Discord to chat with to fill in that empty space of sound while you wait for some good uplifting music.

But hey some people hate talking, some don't.

Don't have Discord...or a working microphone for that matter. That might kind of slow things down a little.  : P

(And actually these days most of the time I end up playing alone...that's why, for one thing, I've never yet seen ANY of the newer ruins stuff for myself.  I suck at the caves and am _not_ going down there alone--I'd end the whole hundreds-of-days world before I got anywhere near...anything significant.  Sigh.)

...Notorious

8 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Pickle It!

No, that's not an order, it's the name of the mod.  : P  It adds new veggies both growing in the ground and more variety that you can grow in the farm plots too.  And, of course, its namesake--you can now preserve your veggies in an old-fashioned way too, not just your meats.  In a pickle barrel.  Low-tech, art style that looks just like the game and at least some of the character's text strings when you have them examine a new veggie (pickled or fresh) sound pretty darn in-character.

It's one of those mods that after you've been using it a while, you almost start to forget it's not canon.  :)

Picture of the pickle barrel in-game:

onefootinthegrave.png

That's it, right near the firepit and lightning rod.  (I'm also using the Birds and Berries and Trees and Flowers with Friends or whatever it's called mod here, which is why there are weird-coloured birds.) You can see one of the new veggies here too--a nice fresh onion, ready to harvest.  Mmm.

Also, on the purely cosmetic side...Dusk and Night Music.  Some hate it, I myself think that the silence goes on WAY too long in the seasons that have both long dusks and nights (winter and spring, I'm lookin' at you.)  All the music is remixes of the original daytime songs played with the same kind of "instruments", and the dusk ones sound somewhat toned/slowed down, then the night ones are like super ssshh!  whisper! like it's trying not to wake anybody up.  Heh.  The winter dusk music is my favourite.

AND if ya don't like it, you can just deselect it the next time you start up your game and it won't harm anything.  (shrug)

There's also Gnome Variety if you're tired of digging up the same old gnomes.  :)

...Notorious

9 hours ago, Donke60 said:

There is a water mod thats seems highly reccomended just type in water on the steam search bar and yo'll find it.

Looks interesting actually. Might check it out, thanks!

Birds and Berries and Trees and Flowers for Friends is a Mod I like to play thought it does have some small problems like dug up bush goes invisible right now

Another one would be Marble Combat and Lunar Toold
Actually I like all mods of FelixTheJudge

And one I love the most is

Waiter 101 Together v4.5x

It doesnt only give more veggies etc but also a whole new bunch of recipes!

Ooh!  Ooh!  Speaking of--repairing weapons and such--_Auto Re-Equip Weapon_.  Oh god.  SUCH a thing that should already be in the game already and yet isn't.  Worried about taking that 8% spear into battle?  No problem, just also make a new one and when the old one breaks, the new one will pop right into your hand!  (Make sure the new one isn't in your backpack if you switch between that and armour.)

And if all else fails, low-percentage log suits make a really good fire in the winter.  : P

Also mods that automatically adjust boss health, down to the original Don't Starve amounts (where applicable) in cases where you're playing alone.  (There's more than one and I don't know which one you'd prefer.)  If you end up doing that a lot, like me, well...there are worse mods you could have around.  :)

...Notorious

Archived