New Update Question

Will the ruins regenerate from time to time and the ancient guardian respawn form time to time ? Or the ruins regeneration and guardian respawn will only happen when retrofitting happens. If the guardian is respawnable does that mean infinite houndius shootius ? 

1 hour ago, Deadbyte said:

Will the ruins regenerate from time to time and the ancient guardian respawn form time to time ? Or the ruins regeneration and guardian respawn will only happen when retrofitting happens. If the guardian is respawnable does that mean infinite houndius shootius ? 

1. i think we manully regen it,

2.AG will respawn when we regen ruins,

3. everything will be retrofitted, its just an area you can't by path, you reach the area killing and jumping in the tentacles or lazy explorer.

4.it does mean infinite houndias, but they said in stream they will figure a nerf for it.

6 minutes ago, jantonio said:

1. i think we manully regen it,

2.AG will respawn when we regen ruins,

3. everything will be retrofitted, its just an area you can't by path, you reach the area killing and jumping in the tentacles or lazy explorer.

4.it does mean infinite houndias, but they said in stream they will figure a nerf for it.

@V2C@CharlesB

This doesn't sound right. It is up to us to use c_resetruins() whenever we feel like it ? I don't want to be considered as a cheater I host a dedicated server. I'm not sure how should I approach this update.

There's no way to reset the ruins legit other than using c_resetruins() in the caves at the moment to my knowledge. This is only to be used if you have an old world and want the Atrium zone or if you already wiped the ruins and want more loot. I'm sure there'll be a legit way to do it in the later updates...probably. Just don't be surprised if a dev doesn't respond soon.

• Developer
2 hours ago, Deadbyte said:

@V2C@CharlesB

This doesn't sound right. It is up to us to use c_resetruins() whenever we feel like it ? I don't want to be considered as a cheater I host a dedicated server. I'm not sure how should I approach this update.

c_resetruins() is just a test function right now (yes. I'm fully abusing the fact that this is a beta). Feel free to use it every 20 days (or say once a season?) without feeling like a cheater. Once we have it hooked up to the proper gameplay mechanic the command will be removed. Also, if bugs out in any way, please let us know.

1 minute ago, ScottHansen said:

el free to use it every 20 days (or say once a season?) without feeling like a cheater. Once we have it hooked up to the proper gameplay mechanic the command will be removed. Also, if bugs out in any way, please let us know.

Thanks for the quick and clear response. 

6 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, I don't see a need for a nerf. It requires a deerclops eyeball doesn't it? So you'll be limited to only one per yer anyway...

Yep and nothing is more OP and makes you leave an area with houndius shootius than good ol' frog rain. I've never had more than about 10 on screen at once before but even then I've lost a few during the most intense of frog rains.

3 hours ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

Yep and nothing is more OP and makes you leave an area with houndius shootius than good ol' frog rain. I've never had more than about 10 on screen at once before but even then I've lost a few during the most intense of frog rains.

or toadstool :>.

3 hours ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

it is both interesting and terrifying to see a houndius shootius destroyed by frogs. i feel the game can really cut you down to size when you feel the need to vacate an area to protect something from frogs. i run faster from a frog rain than i do from giants.

22 minutes ago, hkhm said:

it is both interesting and terrifying to see a houndius shootius destroyed by frogs. i feel the game can really cut you down to size when you feel the need to vacate an area to protect something from frogs. i run faster from a frog rain than i do from giants.

you can always wall them with protection, frogs dont break walls.

6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, I don't see a need for a nerf. It requires a deerclops eyeball doesn't it? So you'll be limited to only one per yer anyway...

If the Ancient Gardian could respawn, maybe there will be others items using his horn, so maybe the Houndious is a little nerfed so the others choices are attractive too ?

Could be wrong...

9 minutes ago, Lumina said:

If the Ancient Gardian could respawn, maybe there will be others items using his horn, so maybe the Houndious is a little nerfed so the others choices are attractive too ?

Could be wrong...

I wouldn't see why it would need nerfed in that situation. Might as well nerf the hibearnation vest in that case so that the insulated pack is useful. Not that the insulated pack will ever really be useful... especially with the op bundles...

Speaking of frog rain...

Spoiler

Our bunnyman farm was recently destroyed so we didn't have many bunnies. Still seems like a good solution to me.

Also, I think renewable guardian horns is fine. It'll take you quite a while to get that many Deerclops eyeballs, get enough Eyebrellas for everyone to be satisfied (I personally use rain coat so ._.) AND kill Guardian that many times. It would be nice to see other items craftable with the Guardian's horn.

Archived