Oxygen Not Included Pre-Release Alpha - Available Now!

50 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I have to run Windows Update before playing ONI...

Yeah...Im having that message too.  Only problem is Updating Windows doesn't seem to do anything.  I still cant play D:  I just wasted $20 on a game I cant play

1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I have to run Windows Update before playing ONI...

The dream... ;-;

Me too man.* It's a good thing we were planning on upgrading the computer anyways. I've been 64 bit-blocked from buying games and playing alphas lately. Windows 7 32-bit is like 7 years old now. T^T 

Anyone know what the best version of windows 64 bit is to run ONI on? 7, 8, or 10? Which version is the one giving you problems ImDaMisterL and Clwnbaby? 

*well me too as in I wont be able to run the game because my computer is old and we have to upgrade, I haven't actually bought the game yet because I looked at the specs first. 

• Developer
30 minutes ago, Clwnbaby said:

Yeah...Im having that message too.  Only problem is Updating Windows doesn't seem to do anything.  I still cant play D:  I just wasted $20 on a game I cant play

Hey guys,

For anyone who's getting the "Please update windows" popup on start. Could you please post about your issue in our bug tracker? For this bug in particular, if you could post your DXDiag information, that would be really helpful. Sorry about the trouble and thanks for your help!

While we're looking into this, the other thing you could try which might help is manually installing the VS2015 runtime. You should only need to install the 64 bit one. If that fixes it for you, please let us know.

• Developer
58 minutes ago, SillyWilson said:

Which version is the one giving you problems ImDaMisterL and Clwnbaby? 

Windows 8.1 here.

45 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

For anyone who's getting the "Please update windows" popup on start. Could you please post about your issue in our bug tracker? For this bug in particular, if you could post your DXDiag information, that would be really helpful. Sorry about the trouble and thanks for your help!

While we're looking into this, the other thing you could try which might help is manually installing the VS2015 runtime. You should only need to install the 64 bit one. If that fixes it for you, please let us know.

Thanks for the detailed post! I tried reinstalling Visual C++ and it didn't work, already posted a report in the Bug Tracker though.

46 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Windows 8.1 here.

Thanks for the detailed post! I tried reinstalling Visual C++ and it didn't work, already posted a report in the Bug Tracker though.

I had the same problem, so I gone ahead and upgraded to windows 10. The problem is gone now, but it's still not possible to play, because now it says that my computer doesn't meet minimum requirements for the game. And that's very strange, because I'm trying to play on MacBook Pro (mid 2015). And it's getting really hot while launching the game and everything just freezes :(

Archived