Could we have Trade inn require 4 instead of 9 skins to make a trade?

Honestly, there's not much point if you're going to need to buy skins to trade them in typically. You're required nine skins, all of which must be of the same rarity, you can't substitute jack all and as a result, wiyhout buying skins, the minimum amount of time reuired for you to trade inn ONCE without skin purchases would be more than two weeks.

Again, granted all of those skins are of the same rarity.

What's even the point of this thing if it's just gonna be a lottery that typically will be worse off than buying the actual thing? This seems like the sort of thing you would have with arcade claw machines, where you have a low chance of getting that stuffed toy you want for real cheap, but modt of the time you'll just be wasting your money and might as well buy the stuffed toy at a toy shop guaranteed.

If the Trade Inn is to become somrthing we use even marginally more often, something to consider over the market itself and present itself as a niche game mechanic for skins, it just ought to require less. I mean, the chances of getting skins via drops normally that are of a higher rarity are about two or so times rarer than the more common type of skin (one below), right? And the market agrees, honestly; the skins of higher rarity are about x2 or x3 more expensive than the rarity before on average, unless it's some new and/or very desired item.

All that said, why not require 4 instead of 9 skins to make one trade inn? 4 for one of higher rarity seems a lot more fair than 9 to 1 and might actually push people to try their chances more often.

There's a lot of things I've avoided making topics about and I've just been observing for the past few months, but this is something everyone here to my knowledge can agree on prrtty much; trade inn, overall sucks for what it serves in comparison to what you give it and other methods of obtaining skins you want are much better as a result.

I've some more off-topic stuff I'd like to say, although I think it's best to bring it up if really necessary. Knowing this forum, little to nothing said or complained about is going to bring any thought about drastic change.

I think 9:1 is pretty fair, but I mostly think that because isn't there a chance that you can end up getting an elegant or distinguished out of the trade inn? If that's wrong then maybe lowering from 9 to 4 would make a little more sense to me. 

However, I'm also one of those people that's completely fine with building up skins over a long period time. Im playing the game anyway and I'm in no rush to get a specific skin. So maybe it's a little different between you and I. 

I'd be fine with this. It's painfully rare to get anything good from just playing normally so if you want a skin that's spiffy or better then you're pretty much forced to trade or use the steam market. And I'm personally not fond of these methods of getting skins. It would be nice if we could actually earn these skins ingame normally by trading all of our bad drops for something good. 9 skins for the next tier up always felt like it costs way too much, especially since we're limited to only 4 skins a week.

1 minute ago, Chris1488 said:

I'd rather keep the 1:9 ratio, but also have a "special" deal that was brought up on stream awhile ago, such as one particular skin (ex. White Pleated Shirt) counting as 2-3 skins every once in awhile.

IMG_1467.PNGwhite pleated shirt should produce a elegant skin when you put one in the trade inn

Skins could have been a way to differentiate players in a neat way while keeping the nice design of the characters, but I found that it worked much better at showing my friend that I am rich enough to spend money on the steam market.

A way of getting more easily neat skins (aka that you like) while recycling stuff you never bother to use and will never sell to the market for 1cent is good but I agree that the trade in is just not worth it right now, it takes weeks of farming skins (and that's a lot of hours dedicating yourself to the game... or idling in god mode) just to have one chance to get something you will like.

2 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

I'd like to see the trade-inn get a bit more love, but think of all those angry players asking for refunds if the ratio turns from 9:1 to 4:1     =)

I was thinking of that. Question is whether Klei keeps track of skins and trade inns and such. In any case, it's better to do it now rather than not do it at all as it's evidently a cranky feat in a disappointing way even for the most hardcore players. Might as well call it Grind Inn at this point :p

Just now, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I was thinking of that. Question is whether Klei keeps track of skins and trade inns and such. In any case, it's better to do it now rather than not do it at all as it's evidently a cranky feat in a disappointing way even for the most hardcore players. Might as well call it Grind Inn at this point :p

I know they can check the logs of your drops, the inn included if it helps.

Won't the market just adjust?

With less required input, that means a higher output ratio. That means more supply on the market and that means lower price. Which would in turn keep the market as more cost efficient. Except for say maybe commons, which are near the lowest they can get.

1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

Do remember the devs said they specifically set up the inn to be a worse deal in order to encourage trading. Now, if only there was no market...

If there was no market, then there would be an even bigger issue: So few people would have something worth trading.

Making the trade inn bad and doing that intentionally just makes it more difficult for the people who don't want to use the market or trade. It's almost impossible to get the specific skin you want if it's a spiffy or above by just playing normally.

And last I knew the console players get screwed over the most by not having the option to trade, or at least buy the specific skin they want. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I only play DST on PC)

Maybe. I've got no idea, I only trade with people and occasionally use the inn. Whatever works for the majority will probably work for me as long as it benefits Klei and creates no senseless barriers like people on the consoles struggling with skins, region-blocked collections and all (before anyone starts hating on me, think twice please).

45 minutes ago, StarvedKasad said:

It's 9 gems or nightmare fuel to upgrade chester.IT'S ONLY LOGICAL IT SHOULD BE 9 DRESSES FOR A BETTER DRESS

/caps

/sarcasm off

For a shadow skin anyway since that's the new variant of Chester you get from nightmare fuel. Gems probably should give the formal (OR ROSE!!!) skins :twisted:.

Archived