Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Donke60

What are the advantages and cons of being woodie

Recommended Posts

Donke60    3103

everytime I look at a character I can figure out what they can do well and can't except for woodie is abitlies seem so overshadowed by others or hard for me to pinpoint that when think of woodie I think he's good at something or chop them trees. So I wanted to make this as to better help me understand woodie because I don't understand him at all really so leave you comments down below and tell me why it is so great being a Canadian lumberjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AniMike    289
  • Chops a lot of trees.
  • Farm nightmare fuel as beaver.
  • Has a Axe with Infinite durability.
  • Can gain sanity from planting trees.
  • Farm TreeGuards chopping trees.
  • Beaver form lets you chop down trees, stumps, planted twigs/grass, and rocks with out the need of any tools.

He's not my main, but he's a good support character in DST, having the ability to keep chopping trees gives you a ton of tree guards, which means lots of shadow swords can be made which is also good for him too, having the strongest weapons in game early Is a neat advantage for early fights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donke60    3103
3 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

@AniMike that's DST's Woodie and this is in the singleplayer section so I'd assume @Donke60 was asking about single player Woodie and not multiplayer Woodie.

Yes I was asking more in term of single player but muitplayer is an option but I'd prefer if that comments be made of the single player counterpart I could of posted this in any section but decided here since this is a character topic and not on a DST feature per-say 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AniMike    289
1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

@AniMike that's DST's Woodie and this is in the singleplayer section so I'd assume @Donke60 was asking about singleplayer.

3 hours ago, AniMike said:
  • Chops a lot of trees.
  • Farm nightmare fuel as beaver.
  • Has a Axe with Infinite durability.
  • Can gain sanity from planting trees.
  • Farm TreeGuards chopping trees.
  • Beaver form lets you chop down trees, stumps, planted twigs/grass, and rocks with out the need of any tools.

He's not my main, but he's a good support character in DST, having the ability to keep chopping trees gives you a ton of tree guards, which means lots of shadow swords can be made which is also good for him too, having the strongest weapons in game early Is a neat advantage for early fights.

@GiddyGuy the only thing I said that wasn't ds was that he is a support character in Dst ^¬^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GiddyGuy    7705
11 minutes ago, AniMike said:

@GiddyGuy the only thing I said that wasn't ds was that he is a support character in Dst ^¬^

Oh okay so would you mind explaining the-

11 minutes ago, AniMike said:

Farm nightmare fuel as beaver.

Can gain sanity from planting trees.

-parts, cause as far I know the beaver can't go insane and Woodie can't plant pine cones for sanity in single player. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AniMike    289

Woah, that's true?

Spoiler

DS woody sucks

@GiddyGuy My bad, I didn't think that was new, My Knowledge of ds is kinda off since I play dst religiously.

Well, he can not go insane and can use that advantage to travel around the map in beaver form to spot certain things earlier then expected in the first few days ( chester, Pig villages, touch stones, cave stuff, and so on..basically early ingame stuff), but you won't have the parts of the map that you explored in beaver form, so you gotta remember where you went.

But yeah, this forum tag does have dst so I guess my other information is still alright to post here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HamBatter    470

Beaver is best (OP) thing about DS Woodie. Ignore hunger, sanity, darkness, and seasons. No durability fast-animation tools (for base-building), free Tentacle Spike and 80% armor (except log meter). You can also exploit logging out when the meter runs out for full stats or animation cancelling to choose which form you want to play as. As Woodie there are also befriend perk and Lucy as bonuses.

DST Woodie is more for an alternative playstyle, giving you more things to manage in exchange for some okay perks/uses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites