Sign in to follow this  
Fidooop

Modded Characters In Main Menu (TUTORIAL)

Recommended Posts

Fidooop    2627

Quick update!

Due to some IRL stuff I have not made much progress recently and I will be busy the next couple of days but I should be able to get this working and near release within the next week or so! (Not making any promises... Not entirely sure how much free time I'll have but I'm hoping that everything'll work out for me! :p )

P.S. @CheeseNuggets101's character mods (including SW characters) will all be compatible with this upon its release! (As of right now I believe it is only Engineer and Medic that are compatible but I'm sure Cheese has plenty of time to update Spy and the SW characters before I get around to finally finishing this and releasing it to the public :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2627

Good news, everyone!!!! I'm back at it again! :D

So I've finally gotten Mod Chars In Menu to stop doing things when outside of the main menu! (Before, it would add extra character portraits in the character select screen whether or not that character mod was even enabled but now it's fixed!) All that's left to do now is to create the special modded skins inventory!

I'm deeply sorry about how long it's taken to get this far... I really wanted to get this out before leaving on my trip to Florida (for more than a month x_x) but at least I'm back here and working on it again! Don't worry, it's not dead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2627

Hey, everyone! The Modded Skin inventory's code is still a work in progress but the assets have been finished! I threw them in ontop of the official inventory to test it out and it looks good! :D

modsinmenu1.png

( Item frame by @PanAzej )

Edited by Fidooop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2627
5 minutes ago, DatShadowJK said:

Is it on steam? I need to SUB IT!

EDIT: Nevermind, found it lol

Not on Steam just yet.... Modded Skins is though! You can subscribe to that and it'll give certain mods the ability to have skins on their content! (Check this thread to see which mods have skins: 

)

 

Hopefully Mods In Menu will be out soon though! Still have a few bugs and what not to work out as well as actually programming the modded inventory (this was just the assets ontop of the official inventory)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2627

Good news! All bugs, issues, and features have been fixed, solved, and included!

...Except for the modded inventory... But don't fret none! That shan't be too hard to deal with! I'm predicting a release of the mod by tomorrow night if all goes smoothly and according to plan! Along with the release will come updates to Erik and Daniel to make them compatible and an update to Modded Skins. (which is needed to fix a bug that showed up while developing this mod)

I'll be sure to update you all on the progress as it comes along but for now, I shall sleep... *creeps off into the darkness*

 

Edited by Fidooop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PanAzej    2059
2 hours ago, Fidooop said:

Good news! All bugs, issues, and features have been fixed, solved, and included!

...Except for the modded inventory... But don't fret none! That shan't be too hard to deal with! I'm predicting a release of the mod by tomorrow night if all goes smoothly and according to plan! Along with the release will come updates to Erik and Daniel to make them compatible and an update to Modded Skins. (which is needed to fix a bug that showed up while developing this mod)

I'll be sure to update you all on the progress as it comes along but for now, I shall sleep... *creeps off into the darkness*

 

Awesome!

Now, I'm thinking about making body-part skins possible... It'd be interesting to have an option to have custom shirts, trousers and all that stuff.

But yeah, I'll wait for the release and see what can be done (if we're allowed to make these, that is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImDaMisterL    21178
4 hours ago, DatShadowJK said:

Its night for you too? Wow same..

I'd rather say it was morning and he stood awake more than he should've... xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2627
7 hours ago, PanAzej said:

Awesome!

Now, I'm thinking about making body-part skins possible... It'd be interesting to have an option to have custom shirts, trousers and all that stuff.

But yeah, I'll wait for the release and see what can be done (if we're allowed to make these, that is).

I'm sorry but these are HIGHLY off limits... (as requested by Klei) If they were allowed I would have made them able to be made long long ago in the Modded Skins API... I'm sorry :C

The closest you could get would be to make an equippable hat/body/hands slot item skinnable :L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PanAzej    2059
9 hours ago, Fidooop said:

I'm sorry but these are HIGHLY off limits... (as requested by Klei) If they were allowed I would have made them able to be made long long ago in the Modded Skins API... I'm sorry :C

The closest you could get would be to make an equippable hat/body/hands slot item skinnable :L

Or making new body part skins exclusive to modded characters, I think.

That'd make sense, wouldn't it?

I mean, I would like, for example, to make some costumes for Soldier without a need to make every single one of them a separate character skin. But yeah, I may just stick with what I have at the moment.

Edited by PanAzej

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2627
1 minute ago, PanAzej said:

Or making new body part skins exclusive to modded characters, I think.

That'd make sense, wouldn't it?

weeelll..... I don't really know.... I believe you might be pushing it o_o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PanAzej    2059
Just now, Fidooop said:

weeelll..... I don't really know.... I believe you might be pushing it o_o

What if I made Soldier-exclusive body skins. So I don't have to make BLU skins a separate character skin, for example. And I could make some cosmetic changes without forcing users to download x10 more megabytes of repeated symbols.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2627
1 minute ago, PanAzej said:

What if I made Soldier-exclusive body skins. So I don't have to make BLU skins a separate character skin, for example. And I could make some cosmetic changes without forcing users to download x10 more megabytes of repeated symbols.

ehhhhhhhhhh you'd really have to talk with Peter about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PanAzej    2059
Just now, Fidooop said:

ehhhhhhhhhh you'd really have to talk with Peter about it

Yeah I thought so. I think that it'd be an OK way of doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2627

I'm half way done with the special modded skin inventory!

modsinmenu2.png

(Yes, I'm aware that half of the images are gigantic... @CheeseNuggets101 has been made aware and hopefully will fix the issue.)

What do I mean by half way when it looks finished? Well, I actually programmed this over the official inventory to get it working before putting it into my mod as an alternate inventory to toggle back and forth between... THAT is the next step! ....Which will be done tomorrow! *creeps back into the darkness*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImDaMisterL    21178
3 hours ago, Fidooop said:

THAT is the next step! ....Which will be done tomorrow! *creeps back into the darkness*

Or will it?

Will Fidooop fall prey to the clutches of sleep? Will CheeseNuggets ever re-size their images? Shall PeterA come back from his sick leave in time to like these posts?

Find out in the next episode of Forum Ball Z!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Asparagus    9135
3 hours ago, Fidooop said:

Which will be done tomorrow! *creeps back into the darkness*

*trips on elegant skins in the darkness and busts up his nose*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DatShadowJK    2411
6 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Or will it?

Will Fidooop fall prey to the clutches of sleep? Will CheeseNuggets ever re-size their images? Shall PeterA come back from his sick leave in time to like these posts?

Find out in the next episode of Forum Ball Z!!!

I lost a few years of my Life Span looking at that.. AND I'M PROUD :wilson_laugh:

Edited by DatShadowJK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palecwsmalec1    944

eeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

 

right, as i was saying. This is amazing! and i ran out of flattering words, so i'll let excitement take its course now.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this