DS Art Thread for a New Year's Resolution

Thank you very much! That makes me very happy!

KxOEv1H.png

I've been watching a lot of Star Trek TNG lately and just noticed how much they call Wesley Wes. So here is a doodle of Wes wearing Wesley's weird warm sweater.

Erm.. I should continue this thread through the new year. Posting art has definitely got easier, but I'm still nervous about it. I should try to push myself to be more social as well. That gives me more anxiety than just posting an image and a small caption with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, ImpactedTooth said:

jE8oZPV.png

Wow! O_o That's something unexpected! Does this picture has some kind of prehistory for it? :D it's pretty interesting concept, as I see every Wilsons have a different ways of controlling spiders! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mistikl said:

Wow! O_o That's something unexpected! Does this picture has some kind of prehistory for it? :D it's pretty interesting concept, as I see every Wilsons have a different ways of controlling spiders! 

Thank you! Yes I have three Wilson figurines and three spiders on my desk. So I got to wondering what they could be up to and came up with this. Also I adore the emergent storytelling of Don't Starve and wanted to show how it might change how one character approaches a problem. Even though they are all Wilson their past lives and deaths in the constant all could have been very different leading them to do what they do now.

That's just what I thought of this piece. I am interested in what others make of it and it's all very open for interpretation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I like to think that Wilson was in a Calvin scenario and made a cloning machine to make his time more productive.  I love the way you messed with perspective! The round curves in the land really help give depth.

That sounds like something that could go terribly awry. I love it! And thank you very much for the feedback!

• Like 1

I recently got a smart phone device so I used it to take pictures of some of my favourite doodles that I was too lazy to scan. They are in no particular order and some are out of context from free writing comics I had no intention of finishing. I had a heck of a time getting some of them in focus, so the camera isn't that great I think, but sufficient for what I will need it for.

5PyHOyq.jpg

He was itching his nose I swear!

I made a collage of my favourite shippy Wilson and Maxwell ones too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ImpactedTooth said:

I had a heck of a time getting some of them in focus, so the camera isn't that great I think, but sufficient for what I will need it for.

I got that with both of my phones so it's no biggie. Just as it focuses enough so everyone can see it :)

What will please the mime? :p

Looks more like Max was blowing out his other nostril ( ._.)

The Maxwil fluff is pretty adorable if I do say so myself ^_^

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I got that with both of my phones so it's no biggie. Just as it focuses enough so everyone can see it :)

What will please the mime? :p

Looks more like Max was blowing out his other nostril ( ._.)

The Maxwil fluff is pretty adorable if I do say so myself ^_^

Maxwell leaving them and Wes to live elsewhere, but I thought it looked hilarious out of context. And thank you very much!

• Like 1

A 1 hour speed sculpt of a Volt Goat. I might put more time into this one later because I like it so far. I really want to sculpt more hair and fix its horns when my hand doesn't hurt so much.

hz4mwRY.jpg

Also for valentines day I dug up this old shippy Maxwell and Wilson Comic and have some other shippy things.

Spoiler

I felt bad that out of context in this old piece Maxwell looked like a jerk (which he is somewhat), but I wanted to elaborate on the idea behind it. I never got around to finishing the comic and probably wont so here it is.

ER2Esq1.jpg

Some good old legerdemain.

Also I have two very shippy ficlets I haven't linked to from here yet. Cave Kisses and He's a Vampire! I wrote 'He's a Vampire!' first but the former is a prequel to the latter.They are saccharine as heck, at least I think so. Hah. I'd love to know what you think if you read them.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

The eyelids of the volt goat sculpt make him look derpy XD but it still looks good ^_^

That comic seems pretty cute. Is that a jar of berries?

Thanks! I wanted to make a very silly looking goat. 

Thank you! I was going to make them jelly beans but I did make them all red.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, minespatch said:

What's a Moonkin?:wilson_shocked:

I imagine Wilson can get to places faster if he piggybacked Maxwell in that form.:wilson_ecstatic:

image.thumb.png.051aa880b8a0ce24c4e46766351330a2.png

It is a druid shapeshift for balance Druids in World of Warcraft. They were very good at nuking things with magic and were my favourite to play.

That is a great idea! I am definitely going to draw something like that!

• Like 2