[Game Update] - (BETA) 200113

• Developer
  • Festive Lights last longer and only deplete while in use. (e.g. Placed on a Winter’s Feast Tree or dropped onto the ground.)
  • Reduced chance for Blueprints to drop from Klaus’ Loot Stash.
  • Fixed bug where Plant action still appears for burnt Festive Tree Planters.
  • Fixed bug where Pig Houses near a Moon Stone can sometimes become abandoned indefinitely.
  • Telelocator Focus now properly saves its orientation.

View full update

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, V2C said:

Fixed bug where Pig Houses near a Moon Stone can sometimes become abandoned indefinitely.

yeah I forgot to report this.  They become abandoned if the pigs are out during the full moon during the mooncaller event.  They get turned into the moonrock statues as a result and never respawn

I feel like the blueprints and maybe also the drops from raid bosses should be removed completely from his loot table. The other raid bosses all take a bunch more prep and I'm guessing Klaus dropping lavae eggs more commonly than dragonfly (I haven't checked the files but it seems to be like this from my testing) wasn't changed.
Also if he drops loot from bosses that only appear once per year like deerclops or bearger he shoudn't just respawn so commonly cause that makes him a quicker way of getting their drops.

Edited by Michi01
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

Also if he drops loot from bosses that only appear once per year like deerclops or bearger he shoudn't just respawn so commonly cause that makes him a quicker way of getting their drops.

Who said something about respawn time?? Not me... neither Klei.

8 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

I feel like the blueprints and maybe also the drops from raid bosses should be removed completely from his loot table. 

Why??? 

What is then the purpose for Toadstool than his cool lamp blueprints?? Same applies for Bee Queen: Renewable Honeycombs and her Cool Crown, and Jellybeens... So Just killing them just because???

42598831.jpg

Moreover, blueprints are not that uncommon to find in the world... Tumbleweeds... So... Why not having some blueprints as gifts as well?? This boss is not precisely easy... I do not see why this should be a thing?

Edited by FreyaMaluk

5 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Who said something about respawn time?? Not me... neither Klei.

Why??? 

What is then the purpose for Toadstool than his cool lamp blueprints?? Same applies for Bee Queen: Renewable Honeycombs and her Cool Crown, and Jellybeens

Blueprints are not that uncommon to find in the world... Tumbleweeds... So... Why not having some blueprints as gifts as well?? This boss is not precisely easy... I do not see why this should be a thing?

He respawns after 20 days and so far it doesn't seem like they want to change that. And I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with the purpose of the bosses, my point is that they kinda lose their purpose if you can get their drops from Klaus who is easier to defeat.
And about the blueprints, he doesn't drop the ones you can find in the world, he only drops the ones from raid bosses that are harder to defeat than him.

Edited by Michi01

12 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

He respawns after 20 days and so far it doesn't seem like they want to change that. And I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with the purpose of the bosses, my point is that they kinda lose their purpose if you can get their drops from Klaus who is easier to defeat.
And about the blueprints, he doesn't drop the ones you can find in the world, he only drops the ones from raid bosses that are harder to defeat than him.

Never said I want the respawn time to be shorter.... I really don't know why are you bringing that argument

And I don't think the blueprints as gifts are a bad thing... Besides, you only have a "chance" of getting rare blueprints.... It's not like you're always that lucky. It can make availability for rare items higher for all the people in the server... which is always a plus in my book...

Remember that not all people play with friends (random dedicated servers) and that it is cool to have a chance for something amazing from time to time.... especially if you happen to be playing with not very cooperative people

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Never said I want the respawn time to be shorter.... I really don't know why are you bringing that argument

And I don't think the blueprints as gifts are a bad thing... Besides, you only have a "chance" of getting rare blueprints.... It's not like you're always that lucky. It can make availability for rare items higher for all the people in the server... which is always a plus in my book...

Remember that not all people play with friends (random dedicated servers) and that it is cool to have a chance for something amazing from time to time.... especially if you happen to be playing with not very cooperative people

I didn't bring the respawn time as an argument against you. I said I want it to be longer in my initial post because you can get drops from bosses that only spawn once per year quicker from him. Then you asked about that.
And even if the blueprints aren't a guaranteed drop, that wont change my opinion that it's stupid to make a bunch of hard bosses and then make it so the loot of all of them can drop from one weaker boss.

33 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

He respawns after 20 days

Doesn't he respawn only in winter? I heard his sack disappeares after the Klaus got killed and his loot taken, in wich case this 20 days would mean a whole year actually. Or he spawns in other seasons too?

13 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Doesn't he respawn only in winter? I heard his sack disappeares after the Klaus got killed and his loot taken, in wich case this 20 days would mean a whole year actually. Or he spawns in other seasons too?

No idea... I hope that the people who know lua can help out... @DarkXero maybe??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

He respawns during all seasons and even if the Winter's Feast event isn't active.

If starting on autumn, the sack takes (length of autumn + math.random(4)), which is 21-24 days, to appear.

Else (starting season isn't autumn), it takes (NO_BOSS_TIME), which is 26 days, to appear.

After the sack is opened, it will start the respawn process. It takes (KLAUSSACK_RESPAWN_TIME), which is 20 days, to respawn.

The respawn time isn't affected by the season.

I'm also plugging what to do with the christmas tree:

3 hours ago, DarkXero said:

Step 1) Plant Winter's Feast tree.

Step 2) Decorate it. Everybody enjoys a good looking festive tree.

Step 3) Prepare sleep zone. Don't cheat, don't put campfires or lights near the tree, festive lights as ornaments are OK.

Step 4) As night falls, go to sleep. You don't want to spook Santa.

Step 5) Santa will arrive! You will hear it.

Step 6) Repeat every day (but this is cheating, Santa won't like it), or every 4 days (Santa will appreciate the break).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

I didn't bring the respawn time as an argument against you. I said I want it to be longer in my initial post because you can get drops from bosses that only spawn once per year quicker from him. Then you asked about that.
And even if the blueprints aren't a guaranteed drop, that wont change my opinion that it's stupid to make a bunch of hard bosses and then make it so the loot of all of them can drop from one weaker boss.

He can be easy unless you enrage him, which in turn will make the battle a lot harder... from 9875 to 29.625 

easy?? not quite... And he resurrects

Edited by FreyaMaluk

24 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

He can be easy unless you enrage him, which in turn will make the battle a lot harder... from 9875 to 29.625 

easy?? not quite... 

That's the fight's concept basically. You have a boss which isn't that bad at all, but his followers cannot be killed or you put yourself through hell, and they're the real threat.

I think maybe Klaus' loot should just have lesser chances to be blueprints/Lavae eggs, rather than fully remove them from the pool. I like the extra chance at getting their drops, but Michi has a point. Fully removing it might not be the best way to go though.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

If starting on autumn, the sack takes (length of autumn + math.random(4)), which is 21-24 days, to appear.

Else (starting season isn't autumn), it takes (NO_BOSS_TIME), which is 26 days, to appear.

After the sack is opened, it will start the respawn process. It takes (KLAUSSACK_RESPAWN_TIME), which is 20 days, to respawn.

I'm also plugging what to do with the christmas tree:

So just to clear some things up, You can fight Klaus in any season, its just that you need to get the antlers in winter, correct?

Also is there any method to the spawning of the sack? Any biome or such..? Or is it in a completely random place every time,

9 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

So just to clear some things up, You can fight Klaus in any season, its just that you need to get the antlers in winter, correct?

yeap

1 hour ago, DarkXero said:

Edited by FreyaMaluk

4 hours ago, Ashkain said:

Also is there any method to the spawning of the sack? Any biome or such..? Or is it in a completely random place every time,

The deer spawn on specific places in the world (like an invisible Goose nest), on the deciduous forest and the mosaic biome.

The sack will spawn on one of the deer grounds.

The deer ground chosen requires to not have any player within 35 units (9 turfs).

In case many deer grounds meet this requirement, the game will pick the one that has less structures within 5 units (1 turf).

Basically, where there you saw deer, you will see sack.

4 hours ago, Ashkain said:

You can fight Klaus in any season, its just that you need to get the antlers in winter, correct?

Basically.

They come during autumn, they mature on winter and they get ready to leave.

You can stack on antlers though, the herd spawn size is 5 or more. So getting the minimum antlers and using 1 antler per instance allows you to fight Klaus until the next autumn/winter cycle arrives.

• Like 2

I think I found a BUG:

Well,once I use Woodie in Werebeaver.I murder 2 Poison Birchnut Trees and left one.So after 2 days,the last Poison Birchnut Tree turns like this in the picture.One Birchnut Tree without eye/mouth/roots but purple leaves!I chop it down then the drops 2 living logs as loot.

20161210202316_1.jpg

20161210202322_1.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 359368170 said:

I think I found a BUG:

Well,once I use Woodie in Werebeaver.I murder 2 Poison Birchnut Trees and left one.So after 2 days,the last Poison Birchnut Tree turns like this in the picture.One Birchnut Tree without eye/mouth/roots but purple leaves!I chop it down then the drops 2 living logs as loot.

20161210202316_1.jpg

20161210202322_1.jpg

Mfw this could actually be a neat feature.

• Like 1