If you had any headcanons regarding the characters or the setting of this game, feel free to post them here.

To start, here's a few of mine:

Wickerbottom's first name is Wanda.

Woodlegs' real name is Wally.

The Beefalo Trader's name is Wade.

Willow sometimes makes large makeshift cigars for herself out of various materials she finds lying around, often leaves and grass.

Shipwrecked takes place on the open sea surrounding the island of regular Don't Starve, and it's where a character would end up if they tried sailing off the island.

Webber liked and emphasized with spiders even before getting eaten by one.

On 10/11/2016 at 2:33 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

I kind of always went with it being Wallace, because of his similarity to the planned yet unreleased DS char that goes by that same name :p

He does kinda resemble him, but Wallace looks a lot more grizzled and unhinged.

• Like 1

Here are some age headcanons I thought of.

With WX and Wilbur it's hard to tell their age, as they're both non-human.

Wendy and Webber are the youngest, both around 10 to 12.

Walani is in her late teens, somewhere between 17 and 19

Willow, Wigfrid, and Wes are in their early twenties.

Wilson and Wolfgang are in their early to mid thirties.

Woodie and Warly are in their early to mid forties.

Maxwell is somewhere between late forties and mid fifties.

Wickerbottom and Woodlegs are the oldest, somewhere in their mid sixties.

That's what I think for their ages at least. Do they make sense?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doggy_Davis said:

Here are some age headcanons I thought of.

With WX and Wilbur it's hard to tell their age, as they're both non-human.

Wendy and Webber are the youngest, both around 10 to 12.

Walani is in her late teens, somewhere between 17 and 19

Willow, Wigfrid, and Wes are in their early twenties.

Wilson and Wolfgang are in their early to mid thirties.

Woodie and Warly are in their early to mid forties.

Maxwell is somewhere between late forties and mid fifties.

Wickerbottom and Woodlegs are the oldest, somewhere in their mid sixties.

That's what I think for their ages at least. Do they make sense?

Well Willow's canon age is in her 20s and Wilson in his 30s so I'd say that's pretty spot on ;) (I still ship Willowson though, despite their age difference)

22 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well Willow's canon age is in her 20s and Wilson in his 30s so I'd say that's pretty spot on ;) (I still ship Willowson though, despite their age difference)

Willow: early twenties, meaning 20-25.

Wilson: early thirties, meaning 30-35.

They could be as hardly spread apart as five years. What is the age difference you are referring to: mental age?

52 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

They could be as hardly spread apart as five years. What is the age difference you are referring to: mental age?

We don't know their exact age. On a wider scale, I could be 20 and 35.

55 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

I like to think Wilson is as young as possible in the official age range because he looks damn flawless without a beard.

40 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

I thought Wendy was a teen and her outfit was more of a school uniform her vocabulary sometimes is a bit advanced for a kid to know at times/

She probably read the McGuffey reader like I did as a kid. The book series was published in 1879  to 1921 which would give enough time to have her excell through reading.

Was directed here by Blob, so....

[The Giant (I mean it) Headcanon Dump] (both written from scratch and transferred here from my posts from other threads)

Mostly Wilson related. For some thoughts about the world, see last spoiler.

Spoiler

Misc. beliefs about Wilson:
1. He looks too damn young for his age (early thirties, I place him exactly at 30) and was always treated like a child because of it, which irritated him to no end. His short stature and thin complexion have only made things worse. Poor guy never grew up enough or could gain any weight, no matter how hard he had tried and got locked into Older Than He Looks situation.

2. He has a horrible relationship with sun. Think allergy, which either was there always or appeared/reinforced later in his life when he had started to science too much, hiding in his room doing experiments rather than going outside. Hence, he can't get properly tanned, only crisped and burned. I think that his eyes also suffer from the bright light, because, well, he strikes me like the one who would sleep until noon and spike in activity during late evening\night, making himself overly used to the dim light. Also, hence the shadow eyes, because this sort of life gives you them.

3. He often forgets to do two very important things. That is, eat and sleep. Because science.

4. He has low blood pressure and permanently cold, clammy hands as a result. This is also why I believe that he always wears gloves. Because, well, they act like a temperature regulator of sorts. His body doesn't give off much heat, and any warmth he has easily escapes through the hands - if he'll take his gloves off, he'll quickly start getting cold. Now, they can be fingerless (if he isn't adapt enough to perform precise work in proper gloves - it's perfectly possible, but takes practice) or not - I've seen many depictions.

Spoiler

All the recipies popping up in the tab each time Wilson picks up a new item, or enough materials to make a new thing, are result of the Forbidden Knowledge (and, well, Them) supplying him with information.
As if - when the recipe is blacked out, that means the knowledge is buried in the back of Wilson's mind, not realized yet, and the drive to make a new thing is purely subconscious and instinctive, but as soon as he gathers the materials, it gets "released" and forced out on the surface, and he gets a clear understanding that something can be made from the things he had found.
Yes, this theory doesn't hold up when you consider that everyone else can do the same thing too, but la-la, can't hear you, game mechanics always get in the way, la-la. In my mind I will still stubbornly limit the crafting of complicated science magic machinery to Wilson. And maybe Wickerbottom. She may not have the Knowledge, but she has her books. They should have her covered at least partially, in the magical department for sure.

Spoiler

Wilson denies the existence of the supernatural despite the... er.. EVERYTHING. He killed mice and cut his own hand to fuel the dark spells, he has ****loads of forbidden magical knowledge buried deep inside his mind, and no matter the AU he is fated to sit on the Throne or be connected to Them in some way, yet he still denies.
Maybe this is his Madness Mantra. He is so fixated on science and thinking himself a scientist, he can't bear a thought that he isn't as sciency as he believes himself to be.
Again, we know that he is a scientist, but what field? He had a skleleton in his house and experimented on mice - ah, that sounds like biology. But wait, he also had the chemistry set and tinkered with it a lot - often with disastrous results, when his reagent mixtures blowed up in his face. Oh, but there are so many structures up on the roof - Tesla would be mildly confused. He tried everything he could, but he was a Jack of All Trades, so to speak, not proficent enough in anything to make any real scientific breakthrough. Or maybe he has failed to finish his studies? He is thin and pale and sickly, quite possibly neurotic and with low blood pressure. What if he broke under the pressure and had a breakdown?   It seems to me like he wants to think of himself as a scientist, so he behaves as he thinks scientists do. But his stutters and lapses into Buffy Speak instead of using proper sciency terms are already a red flag. Of course no one in scientific fields took him seriously. 

Spoiler

An explanation of why I headcanon Wilson as a Brit:
In the wealthy British families there was a practice - if a family had an unwanted family member (almost always male), they sent him away to the one of the British colonies (where they owned an estate, or maybe even a few!), with an expectation that he'll stay away. The family also regularly sent money to said pariah. The historical term for this is "remittance man", by the way.
This both explains what Wilson is doing in the New England and how the heck is he able to live in that menacing mansion and buy enough food and stuff for his experiments, even though he very obviously spends all his time holed up in his house and away from people - his family has exiled him there and is paying for all of his needs.

Spoiler

They have done something with the survivors, tweaking their bodies in the way that'll make them focus on the survival more.
They have clearly removed all... bathroom needs so such trifle matters won't interfere with the suffering, and the clothes everyone arrived in do not seem to tear or show any other signs of wear (maybe they regenerate overnight? another merciful gesture from Them).
Actually, let's take it a step further. I forgot to mention one more thing.
I believe that they can't grow older as well, forever stuck at the age they were when they had entered the Shadow Realm.Not only when they die, their bodies regenerate the way they were at the start of the cycle, but even those who get fortunate enough to live for years (the counter can go as far as we can get it to, after all), do not change.
Because what use is a puppet that exists for but a mere fraction of the puppeteer's life? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Net Spectre said:

They have done something with the survivors, tweaking their bodies in the way that'll make them focus on the survival more.

That's kind of been alluded to in the "Strange New Powers" update but your explanation is interesting.

Just now, minespatch said:

That's kind of been alluded to in the "Strange New Powers" update but your explanation is interesting.

Actually, I do count Strange New Powers as a part of this. A gift from Them to spice up the game, if you will.
To be honest, when that update got introduced, I had wondered for a while why Wilson got the short end of the stick. Maybe They had thought that he didn't need powers? Or intentionally left him without any to test him for the Throne?
And while on the subject of the Throne: why did They pick Wilson? He was the very last to be pulled in, and something gives me an impression that he was Very. Specifically. Searched. Out, and not just as a mere puppet for entertaiment. Was he the only one capable of making The Door? To shoulder Forbidden Knowledge without instantly going insane from the information overload? (and let's not forget that many parts of Knowledge include dark magic, something William went cuckoo-personality-split from...)
Granted, Wilson didn't get to Reign for long, because Charlie, but now, even after being sent back into Wilderness, he has a connection to Them. So maybe the plan was not to turn Wilson into a new King, but to get him on the Throne, very close to Them, for just enough time. 
And here is something more "recent": When I had seen the New Reign cinematic, one thing had caught my eye. Wilson's reaction to Charlie. He looked really happy to see a suspicious young lady who had turned off all the lights and plunged the area into darkness before coming in, was clad into the attire that had blatanly showed that she is connected to Them, and whom he supposedly was seeing for the first time. And Charlie was pretty happy to see him too, actually. It struck me like some kind of a weird reunion.
Also, their hair looked kinda similiar. [insert Same Hair joke from the Meme Thread here]
The tiny voice in my brain instantly went "Okay. They know each other and are connected in some way. Now suffer from this realization, you accursed soul."

Now here's a pile of whys to ponder over. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2016 at 0:10 PM, Net Spectre said:

Was directed here by Blob, so....

[The Giant (I mean it) Headcanon Dump] (both written from scratch and transferred here from my posts from other threads)

Mostly Wilson related. For some thoughts about the world, see last spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Misc. beliefs about Wilson:
1. He looks too damn young for his age (early thirties, I place him exactly at 30) and was always treated like a child because of it, which irritated him to no end. His short stature and thin complexion have only made things worse. Poor guy never grew up enough or could gain any weight, no matter how hard he had tried and got locked into Older Than He Looks situation.

2. He has a horrible relationship with sun. Think allergy, which either was there always or appeared/reinforced later in his life when he had started to science too much, hiding in his room doing experiments rather than going outside. Hence, he can't get properly tanned, only crisped and burned. I think that his eyes also suffer from the bright light, because, well, he strikes me like the one who would sleep until noon and spike in activity during late evening\night, making himself overly used to the dim light. Also, hence the shadow eyes, because this sort of life gives you them.

3. He often forgets to do two very important things. That is, eat and sleep. Because science.

4. He has low blood pressure and permanently cold, clammy hands as a result. This is also why I believe that he always wears gloves. Because, well, they act like a temperature regulator of sorts. His body doesn't give off much heat, and any warmth he has easily escapes through the hands - if he'll take his gloves off, he'll quickly start getting cold. Now, they can be fingerless (if he isn't adapt enough to perform precise work in proper gloves - it's perfectly possible, but takes practice) or not - I've seen many depictions.

Reveal hidden contents

All the recipies popping up in the tab each time Wilson picks up a new item, or enough materials to make a new thing, are result of the Forbidden Knowledge (and, well, Them) supplying him with information.
As if - when the recipe is blacked out, that means the knowledge is buried in the back of Wilson's mind, not realized yet, and the drive to make a new thing is purely subconscious and instinctive, but as soon as he gathers the materials, it gets "released" and forced out on the surface, and he gets a clear understanding that something can be made from the things he had found.
Yes, this theory doesn't hold up when you consider that everyone else can do the same thing too, but la-la, can't hear you, game mechanics always get in the way, la-la. In my mind I will still stubbornly limit the crafting of complicated science magic machinery to Wilson. And maybe Wickerbottom. She may not have the Knowledge, but she has her books. They should have her covered at least partially, in the magical department for sure.

Reveal hidden contents

Wilson denies the existence of the supernatural despite the... er.. EVERYTHING. He killed mice and cut his own hand to fuel the dark spells, he has ****loads of forbidden magical knowledge buried deep inside his mind, and no matter the AU he is fated to sit on the Throne or be connected to Them in some way, yet he still denies.
Maybe this is his Madness Mantra. He is so fixated on science and thinking himself a scientist, he can't bear a thought that he isn't as sciency as he believes himself to be.
Again, we know that he is a scientist, but what field? He had a skleleton in his house and experimented on mice - ah, that sounds like biology. But wait, he also had the chemistry set and tinkered with it a lot - often with disastrous results, when his reagent mixtures blowed up in his face. Oh, but there are so many structures up on the roof - Tesla would be mildly confused. He tried everything he could, but he was a Jack of All Trades, so to speak, not proficent enough in anything to make any real scientific breakthrough. Or maybe he has failed to finish his studies? He is thin and pale and sickly, quite possibly neurotic and with low blood pressure. What if he broke under the pressure and had a breakdown?   It seems to me like he wants to think of himself as a scientist, so he behaves as he thinks scientists do. But his stutters and lapses into Buffy Speak instead of using proper sciency terms are already a red flag. Of course no one in scientific fields took him seriously. 

Reveal hidden contents

An explanation of why I headcanon Wilson as a Brit:
In the wealthy British families there was a practice - if a family had an unwanted family member (almost always male), they sent him away to the one of the British colonies (where they owned an estate, or maybe even a few!), with an expectation that he'll stay away. The family also regularly sent money to said pariah. The historical term for this is "remittance man", by the way.
This both explains what Wilson is doing in the New England and how the heck is he able to live in that menacing mansion and buy enough food and stuff for his experiments, even though he very obviously spends all his time holed up in his house and away from people - his family has exiled him there and is paying for all of his needs.

Reveal hidden contents

They have clearly removed all... bathroom needs so such trifle matters won't interfere with the suffering, and the clothes everyone arrived in do not seem to tear or show any other signs of wear (maybe they regenerate overnight? another merciful gesture from Them).
Actually, let's take it a step further. I forgot to mention one more thing.
I believe that they can't grow older as well, forever stuck at the age they were when they had entered the Shadow Realm.Not only when they die, their bodies regenerate the way they were at the start of the cycle, but even those who get fortunate enough to live for years (the counter can go as far as we can get it to, after all), do not change.
Because what use is a puppet that exists for but a mere fraction of the puppeteer's life? 

Pretty interesting stuff