(TTM) The Thread of Memes

Pyromailmann

I am making this a thread because I feel like this should be a thing so now it's a thing.

FAQ

Spoiler

What you can post here?

You can post memes. The memes can be an abroad range of topics. The memes I've thought that could be posted here would be like video games (especially video game logic), the internet, and I guess stuff relating to voice actors, and anything really, but keep it appropriate, this forum still has rules. 

What was the reasoning behind this thread?

I primarily made this thread because of this post, which related to a Ron Perlman Meme. Which also relates to the Fallout Series, no seriously, Ron Perlman has voice acted in some form in the Fallout Series, mostly as the narrator but in Fallout 4, he's the news anchor. Anyways, next question.

Any plans for this thread.

I don't have too many plans, but seeing as this thread could be on the first page mostly, I'll keep it as active as I can, but will possibly slow down durring September to June for unspecified time because of school, but I may come back to the thread and keep this thread's digital heart beating, or you know, not let it sink to the bottom and die. I guess we could start with a poll?

So, I know this is a stupid question but... why the title?

The title "The Thread of Memes" or TTM in short, is shelf-explanatory. (pun)

So here are some of my memes I've thought up as of 11:51 EST on the last 9 minutes of July 16th, 2016.

#RonPerlmanMemes

Spoiler

Meme #1

And today's weather forecast calls for "Atomic Fire raining down on the United States and The People's Republic of China".

Meme #2

I get called up to do a voice in Fallout 4, I was hoping to be a narrator again, but looks like I better tell you about the news.

-Note: This meme relates to the fact that Ron Perlman voices the Character Tom "Rust" Bishop in the game "Payday 2", which I've played a ton of lately.

Meme #3

I left a Biker Gang where I stole loot from other people on motorcycles with a lever action rifle to being a criminal and stealing from banks with a mask and a wider variety of guns.

Meme #4

I just killed this *insert special enemy here*, better show my dominance over it even though they are dead!

The reasoning behind the Meme (maturity warning, there's a video with swears in it, or whatever, I don't care if you want to see it or not, just know that I warned you):

Spoiler

In Payday 2, Rust is a vulgar character, telling the special enemies (Shields, Tazers, Cloakers, and Bulldozers) to basically *censored because it's too mature for the Klei Forums* 

Here's just all of Rust's Lines, listen for yourself

#Payday2

Spoiler

Meme #1:

PUT YOUR ARMS INTO THE AIR BECAUSE I'M YELLING AT YOU, NOW LOWER YOUR WEAPON, PUT ON HANDCUFFS, Okay, now go defy all your training and fight against the police force you just worked for, you'll probably die, but that doesn't matter.

Meme #2:

*Jacket before they changed the faces on all the characters* Cancer Patient

Meme #3:

In Payday 2, you go rob a rival gang of somebody who backstabbed you and is in whitness protection, but he still dies in the end.

Oh, you also rob a banks, steal from a group of mercenaries on many occasions, make meth, stealth futuristic technology, steal a fusion engine, dooming the world with the continuation of the use of oil as a means of energy, screw over a politican, rig voting machines, steal the illuminati chest, break out an old crew member, steal an artifact that is essentially cursed, have 2 different collaborations with Hotline Miami, save the world from somebody who wants to make humans that are weapons, help a Russain in many ways by stealing a tiara of a rival, steal from a nightclub that they used to own, shoot up a mall with $50k worth of damage dealt, steal from four different stores with $10k worth of stuff, steal nuclear warheads, move safes across the country that contain weapon skins (of varying qualities and stat boosts and team boosts), and goats. Yes, you hear me right, goats, goats with cocaine shoved in their butts who were close to having it be "extracted" by the players, you also hit up stores with jewlery and diamonds, a concert to steal money from a vault, and steal from armored transports.

(God, that's a mouthful)

Meme #4:

Everybody's running around not taking damage, and I'm just here in this heavy suit of armor.

Meme #5   

Everybody's just running all these cool perk decks such as Muscle, or Crook, or Biker, or Sociopath, or Anarchist, or Yazuka, or Grinder, or Maniac, and I'm just here running with Gambler.

Reasoning:

Spoiler

There are perk decks, each of them giving abilities, such as being a leader (essentially), or making you a scary tank, or a guy who gives everybody better armor, or a dodge build where you wear a suit, or a build that allows you have a faster armor recover, or a dodge build with a ballistic vest, or a perk deck meant for stealthing, or a guy who goes up to enemies and slaps them to death while also gaining health back, or a crazy person who heals health and armor by killing enemies, or healing health by causing damage, or a or a fast beserker who moves very fast at low health, or healing health and armor from other you and other people killing, or providing damage absorbtion to you and your allies by fighting other enemies, or being lazy and let your allies kill everybody while you sit in the corner and heal up again only to do it again later because you don't want to waste a medic bag or first aid kit. and that's every perk deck but Gambler.

You see, Gambler allows you heal everybody and yourself by picking up ammo drops from enemies that die. I have seen it very rarely where somebody is running this and mostly it's just me running the build and trying to support everybody.

People could be running this and I'm not aware, but I don't really know. All I know is that I run Gambler.

Meme #6:

Oh, you leveled up so much that you when onto the other type of leveling up allowing you to get bonus exp at the end of heists and such? Nah, still going to kick you.

Meme #7:

*joins match*

*host wants high-level people*

*host is infamy 1 level 45, the other two people are higher infamies, level 100.

*host says I'm "low leveled"*

*I'm actually infamy 12, level 98 at the time, which is higher than him*

*I then crash to desktop*

I feel like I would've just gotten kicked anyways.

Meme #8:

Vote Kick? What's that. I just kick people by myself.

Reasoning behind Memes 6, 7 and 8:

Spoiler

An "Infamy" is when you decide to go the next level, start off at zero, spend some offshore cash, and lose all your spending cash (offshore is cash for stuff like buying contracts and offshore paydays for free loot, spending cash is for guns, attachments for said guns, and masks), up until after Infamy 5, where those basically don't apply and you won't lose spending cash, I don't know about offshore cash.

Leveling up in infamy gets you to use a point in a permanent upgrade tree known as the infamy skill tree, where it lets you spend less skill points to upgrade to the next tier of skill trees, get a cool mask, material, and pattern, and/or getting a point into how much exp you get once you complete a heist.

So you can tell that sounds pretty good, right? It is. But it's still optional, and you can stop going infamous at any time because it's a real grind, but it's worth it if you want some neat masks, and neat bonus exp after a heist. 

That's all you need to know about Payday 2's infamy tree.

In Meme #6, the host (or everybody in the lobby if vote kick is enabled, which is something nobody does) can kick other players, I've been in many matches where the host will just kick you out right on the spot, when he could just enable the match to be private so nobody joins.

Like I've said, I've had it happen to me many times before. 

In Meme #7 that was a person experience that happened to me recently. It describes itself.

In Meme #8 You know how I said there is an option that allows the host to enable vote kicks? Yeah, I've never seen a host who has that enabled, and if they did, it wasn't used.

That's all the memes I have for this, could go on, but it'd just get redundant.

Archived