PS4 Beta Signup!

43 minutes ago, BUTTERSKY11 said:

@applebottom its not going to be a separate DLC in DST and what country your in? 

Sorry, I don't feel like sharing personal info. But suffice to say, Klei lists all the countries/regions where PS4 ROG is available on their website. My country isn't listed. DS is available for it, but strangely, the DLC isn't. (Which sucks because if I knew that beforehand, I wouldn't have bought DS in my account at all and just made an R1 account from the get-go.)

I'm just confirming if they'll offer DST in all regions. Because if not, I'll have to make that R1 account after all and find a way to purchase without a credit card.

13 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

No.

Not sure if you thought I was talking about during the beta or not but sorry for any misinterpretations I edited my comment to clarify what I was trying to say. I'm kind of a major loser when it comes to skins and I go crazy whenever a new skin comes out. I have a nice selection of skins that I really enjoy and I think it would be a bit redundant if I had to go through the same grinding process just to get some of the same skins I have on the PC version of DST. Sorry if I might sound a bit snarky when writing this but that is not my intention.

56 minutes ago, Rresend said:

Not sure if you thought I was talking about during the beta or not but sorry for any misinterpretations I edited my comment to clarify what I was trying to say. I'm kind of a major loser when it comes to skins and I go crazy whenever a new skin comes out. I have a nice selection of skins that I really enjoy and I think it would be a bit redundant if I had to go through the same grinding process just to get some of the same skins I have on the PC version of DST. Sorry if I might sound a bit snarky when writing this but that is not my intention.

(All I said was no :p)

Wait, you can connect to steam via PS4, right? I dunno if you can port skins, but it might be a possibility.

18 minutes ago, Flare2V said:

Please add movement prediction as an option. PS4 players don't have access to the developer console so it's a must now.

Correct me on this, but isn't movement prediction just for lag and stuff? Console play has significantly less lag than on PC, so I don't see a reason for it.

51 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Correct me on this, but isn't movement prediction just for lag and stuff? Console play has significantly less lag than on PC, so I don't see a reason for it.

Movement prediction is enabled by default. What you see in game and what the server sees are two completely different pictures because of latency (the time it takes for information to be sent from your computer to the server). Movement prediction "predicts" what it thinks the server's picture will look like when it receives the button inputs you perform. This means that when you go to pick that twig, you might reach the twig relatively quickly but your character is still behind on the server's end. Movement prediction disables this prediction and shows you almost exactly what is happening on the server's end. While this does however make your controls feel delayed, it gives you better control over where your character is and what is happening. On servers with high pings, precise combat/action timing is near impossible with movement prediction enabled.

It's more easily understood when demonstrated with video but I'm hoping this will suffice.

14 minutes ago, Flare2V said:

Movement prediction is enabled by default. What you see in game and what the server sees are two completely different pictures because of latency (the time it takes for information to be sent from your computer to the server). Movement prediction "predicts" what it thinks the server's picture will look like when it receives the button inputs you perform. This means that when you go to pick that twig, you might reach the twig relatively quickly but your character is still behind on the server's end. Movement prediction disables this prediction and shows you almost exactly what is happening on the server's end. While this does however make your controls feel delayed, it gives you better control over where your character is and what is happening. On servers with high pings, precise combat/action timing is near impossible with movement prediction enabled.

It's more easily understood when demonstrated with video but I'm hoping this will suffice.

In Layman's terms:

Prediction On

-Willow bends over to pick up twig

-2 second delay

-Willow bends over again to pick up twig

-Twig has been added to inventory

Prediction Off

-Delay

-Willow bends over to pick up twig

21 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

In Layman's terms:

Prediction On

-Willow bends over to pick up twig

-2 second delay

-Willow bends over again to pick up twig

Prediction Off

-Delay

-Willow bends over to pick up twig

That is exactly correct.

4 minutes ago, Flare2V said:

That is exactly correct.

Yeah, but for console, there's like, no lag. So the prediction wouldn't make a difference regardless. If however there was a big lag problem, then yeah, I would be all for adding 'Movement Prediction' to the options.

6 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Yeah, but for console, there's like, no lag. So the prediction wouldn't make a difference regardless. If however there was a big lag problem, then yeah, I would be all for adding 'Movement Prediction' to the options.

Trust me, there is lag in consoles....If you have internet like mine.

lol, count me in. With 910 hours I guess I have a chance :)

15 hours ago, nome said:

Nope, but there will be trophies.

Knowing your stance about it, I'm sorry you had to abide by this obligation. I also recently learned that you can't launch a patch at will on console, it has to go through sony verification each time...

Anyway, I'd be glad to help.

6 hours ago, demaxxp said:

Hi

My friend and I have waited long to play this game together I would like to help in any way possible.

some email I can be notified of a problem?

If you've only played singleplayer Don't Starve, no. You must be experienced in Don't Starve Together and all it's changes to be able to participate.

I'm wondering, How will a 2 level server(Surface & Caves) Work? Since we need a NASA computer to run these kind of servers at an acceptable ping, will.. 

a) A single console be able to handle both servers

b)Need of a third party system/software

d)No multiple servers at all

e)None of above

f)Everyone notice I skipped 'C'

I'd love to have my Steam skin inventory synced with my PS4 one

6 minutes ago, HAWKSTER7337 said:

Ok so I have just one question 

when will we get the beta and how is it like if u signed up u get it or is it raffled and only certain people get it 

It's raffled. Not everyone gets the Beta. I think the people get notified by email if they were chosen in a few days.

I am a Chinese player, I downloaded this game from HongKong PSN.

I wonder to know whether DST together will publish in HongKong PSN and with a Chinese language version?

I have played DST for a long time without any DLC available. I expect to updating DST so much.

I love this game. So please let us know that. Thanks so much.:p

9 hours ago, HAWKSTER7337 said:

Ok so I have just one question 

when will we get the beta and how is it like if u signed up u get it or is it raffled and only certain people get it 

and if its raffled how likely is it to be chosen 

they check your information but you have to have DST on pc and played a decent amount of hours and most of all. people that know a bug when they see one like a floating bird that doesn't flap or a crash related to something that i had multiple times before but if you get into the beta always take a screen shot and send it to klei its very important for them to fix before release its not a raffle klei staff look at people and chose carefully

Archived