Does Wes make sense in DST?

15 hours ago, t0panka said:

@Axehilt dude plz ... i told you "IF Starcraft had Wes player" scenario. Of course Blizzard wont do that because Starcraft is not casual fun game which DST is! STOP comparing multibillion companies with highly competitive games to casual DST which made ultra small (but more awesome) studio. This is ridiculous. DST is co-op game that doesnt need to balance Wes at all. Only competitive part is PVP where i can tell you pick any character and most of people here that are Wes players will rip you apart no matter who you play. And that is fun! Me playing as Wes killing you full Wolfgang. There are no strats, no bonuses, no extra items that will help, nothing just pure hard work and that Wolfgang player knows that. Whatever would Klei add to Wes it would create some crazy strats that would give advantage compared to other characters. Wes is Bes because he doesn't have any and will never have!

There is no magical team size where balance stops mattering.  Good game design is good game design at any team size.

DST is a PVE game.  Its PVP will always be worthless because it's open world PVP with progression elements, which means winning isn't remotely skill-based (which is why it's worthless.)  While it's also disappointing that time was wasted on PVP which will never be good, Wes at least is salvageable.  It would only take a small balance tweak to get him even with the other characters.  It's his PVE capability that matters.

Your closing few sentences are just Opposites Day.  I'm here to discuss reality, and you're here spouting things like "Wes is Bes", which are objectively false.  Let's discuss objective reality, rather than closing our eyes and pretending real hard that Wes is viable.

10 hours ago, camilogar said:

I usually play random, but after seen this post i'll only play with Wes for your enjoyment

You are a evil being that must have came from the darkest pit of evilness, i like your atitude!

8 minutes ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

Guy makes an account for the sole purpose of posting to let me know that he's going to deliberately change his MO because he (erroneously) thinks it will piss me off, gets 8 likes.

Nice community y'all got here.

Welcome to the forums!

'We have a sense of humor!'

34 minutes ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

Guy makes an account for the sole purpose of posting to let me know that he's going to deliberately change his MO because he (erroneously) thinks it will piss me off, gets 8 likes.

Nice community y'all got here.

We are not a commuity for such vulgar fisticuffs, and salt.jpg

I know you're trolling but if you aren't then why must you curse a lot to make a point, not one of us have said such vulgar words such as thee, if you really wanted to suggest making Wes have a team buff or something you should've stayed calm and collective.

Now I really think this thread should be locked so no flaming or any other vulgar insults will occur.

29 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I know you're trolling but if you aren't then why must you curse a lot to make a point, not one of us have said such vulgar words such as thee, if you really wanted to suggest making Wes have a team buff or something you should've stayed calm and collective.

Now I really think this thread should be locked so no flaming or any other vulgar insults will occur.

'Spitefulness/pettiness is fine if you don't use a couple four-letter words'

Note: the **** post was deleted (by myself) and I apologized for it. Not gonna apologize if piss or ass offend your hypocritical sensibilities, though. Sorry. =(

P.S.: Used those three words all of once. "curse a lot"

Wow. First time in DST forums and this worthless thread is what I see.

Different characters give you their special perks. Wes special perk is that he makes the game slightly more difficult. You want new abilities and perks? Ask for a new character.

My advice: L2P and Git Gud

(Can you even get past winter with all this whining?)

5 minutes ago, grekon said:

Wow. First time in DST forums and this worthless thread is what I see.

Different characters give you their special perks. Wes special perk is that he makes the game slightly more difficult. You want new abilities and perks? Ask for a new character.

My advice: L2P and Git Gud

(Can you even get past winter with all this whining?)

A bit brash, but I couldn't agree more.

Also, just a heads up. One of us is going to get a snarky and passive-aggressive response real soon.

Archived