Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

DeputyDeath

What things in this game are dumb and need fixing?

Recommended Posts

Hrista    10

I think these following things are reasonable 

- I want poison to work as before without a limit time

- Hail dealt minor damage to player again

- Meat bulb can be planted in the middle of the ocean

- Snake attack everything around it but Spider will ignore monkey even they are on their web

- The Wildbore way of hitting and kitting 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment:

- Spiders not attacking monkeys.

- Wilbur not being able to tame monkeys in ROG.

- Volcano season...All of it?

Oh, and I hate hounds. They should be re skinned to look like Hyenas or replaced with something appropriate with the themes of SW. It makes no sense there being hounds in Shipwrecked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3637
4 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

At the moment:

- Spiders not attacking monkeys.

- Wilbur not being able to tame monkeys in ROG.

- Volcano season...All of it?

Oh, and I hate hounds. They should be re skinned to look like Hyenas or replaced with something appropriate with the themes of SW. It makes no sense there being hounds in Shipwrecked!

What's wrong with Dry Season? Seriously now, its the 1 season with benefits, and its bad sides are technically just renewing resources.

And Wilbur shouldn't be able to tame the splumonkeys, as he's not their king, but he still is an ape, so it makes no sense for them to steal from him. They should be at least neutral to him, UNLESS they're shadow splumonkeys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

What's wrong with Dry Season? Seriously now, its the 1 season with benefits, and its bad sides are technically just renewing resources.

And Wilbur shouldn't be able to tame the splumonkeys, as he's not their king, but he still is an ape, so it makes no sense for them to steal from him. They should be at least neutral to him, UNLESS they're shadow splumonkeys.

What benefits? I just hate it because it destroys the entire world and makes it look horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oCrapaCreeper    3132
2 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

What benefits? I just hate it because it destroys the entire world and makes it look horrible. 

Not if you properly deal with it, either by living nomadically on your boat, having a panic island, or appeasing the volcano. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hyiltiz    490

Yeah, the Dry Season is actually the only season with benefits; Hurricane brings ice which can be free food, but hey, food never was anyone's concern in Don't Starve (well, at least not yours if you are reading this), and the Iron Wind which is only needed once; Moonsoon Season brings Gills, which is only useful for the first kill as well (then you can use it for appeasing just as doydoy feather).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stl1234    284

All seasons have benefits:

  • Mild = no threats, best time to explore
  • Hurricane = stock up on free ice, hands-free resource harvesting, lightning (free light with lightning rods, usable by WX, Charlie protection without light source), sealnado drops. (plus of course stocking up on blue gems & hound teeth, but that is not SW specific)
  • Monsoon = Yellow mosquito sacks, venom glands, tiger shark drops, ridiculous growth rate for farms & plants.
  • Dry= Stock up on obsidian, rocks, flint, charcoal, ashes. Free destruction. (plus of course stocking up on red gems and hound teeth, but that is not SW specific)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3637
3 hours ago, stl1234 said:

All seasons have benefits:

  • Mild = no threats, best time to explore
  • Hurricane = stock up on free ice, hands-free resource harvesting, lightning (free light with lightning rods, usable by WX, Charlie protection without light source), sealnado drops. (plus of course stocking up on blue gems & hound teeth, but that is not SW specific)
  • Monsoon = Yellow mosquito sacks, venom glands, tiger shark drops, ridiculous growth rate for farms & plants.
  • Dry= Stock up on obsidian, rocks, flint, charcoal, ashes. Free destruction. (plus of course stocking up on red gems and hound teeth, but that is not SW specific)

You forgot free coffee and a calm ocean on Dry Season's side.

9 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

What benefits? I just hate it because it destroys the entire world and makes it look horrible. 

How does it destroy it? Its like Giants. It can't happen to what's offscreen. There's a pre-set amount of warning eruptions until the real eruption.

It renews resources.

It gives free coffee, and a calm ocean(No season has a FULLY calm ocean.).

So tell me, how is Dry Bad again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

You forgot free coffee and a calm ocean on Dry Season's side.

How does it destroy it? Its like Giants. It can't happen to what's offscreen. There's a pre-set amount of warning eruptions until the real eruption.

It renews resources.

It gives free coffee, and a calm ocean(No season has a FULLY calm ocean.).

So tell me, how is Dry Bad again? 

It's like you have a giant every day though. I don't know. I just don't like having islands that are completely destroyed. 

12 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Not if you properly deal with it, either by living nomadically on your boat, having a panic island, or appeasing the volcano. 

How do you cope with overheating though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeputyDeath    262
5 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

It's like you have a giant every day though. I don't know. I just don't like having islands that are completely destroyed. 

How do you cope with overheating though? 

Get a dumbrella and overheating won't be a problem anymore when you're on the move for the most part. If you don't have one or need further cooling, simply hide under a tree for full protection (lowers your temperature to ~32°C) and get an umbrella to hold whenever that isnt possible.

You can also crash into waves to raise your wetness at sea at the cost of boat durability. It'll reduce your temperature to about 30°C if you have full wetness. Remember not to hold wet tools or wear permeable clothing if you do this to prevent your sanity from going haywire. For example, replace your booty bag with a krampus sack or piggyback, keep a top hat/football helmet/dumbrella on and either hold no item in your hand slot or an umbrella for extra cooling. Even the walking cane can get wet, so it might be worth sacrificing the moving speed to keep your sanity controlled.

If your panic island is on your base island or near it, you can spend the nights next to an endothermic fire pit. This will ensure that you start the day at ~20°C (overheating starts damaging you at 35°C), and should remove the chance of overheating for the whole day if you have some cooling clothing. You can make this even better by having a couple of freezing thermal stones on you (put them in a fridge overnight), which can be transferred to Packim when they turn yellow.

Remember that only one area has to be battered with volcano bombs if you go there at every eruption. I'd recommend choosing an area that's very close to your base but also keeps your stuff off screen. This gives you time to stock up on food and cool down before eruptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daggaroth    129
10 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

How do you cope with overheating though?

I usually make it a priority to find and kill the Tiger Shark during Monsoon Season; that way I can craft the Dumbrella, which is great at keeping the heat off your head. Also, DoyDoys make it quite easy to create Tropical Fans, which you can use to lower your temperature by tens of degrees whenever you start overheating. Combined with the Dumbrella, you can delay overheating for a long time.

There is also the option of using the Floral Shirt, but I tend to avoid it if possible because I enjoy wearing a backpack. I usually only resort to it if I haven't built / found a Dumbrella. 

You can also build Endothermic Fires to cool down on land when there aren't eruptions happening (they have to stop eventually right?)

As an added bonus, if you're playing as Maxwell, you can easily use the Ice Cube hat as another option without having to worry about sanity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3637
5 minutes ago, Daggaroth said:

I usually make it a priority to find and kill the Tiger Shark during Monsoon Season; that way I can craft the Dumbrella, which is great at keeping the heat off your head. Also, DoyDoys make it quite easy to create Tropical Fans, which you can use to lower your temperature by tens of degrees whenever you start overheating. Combined with the Dumbrella, you can delay overheating for a long time.

There is also the option of using the Floral Shirt, but I tend to avoid it if possible because I enjoy wearing a backpack. I usually only resort to it if I haven't built / found a Dumbrella. 

You can also build Endothermic Fires to cool down on land when there aren't eruptions happening (they have to stop eventually right?)

As an added bonus, if you're playing as Maxwell, you can easily use the Ice Cube hat as another option without having to worry about sanity

Eyebrella/Dumbrella, tropical/lxury Fan, or supply of endothermic fire resources and an endothermic fire pit in your base. That and flingos to fertilize the withering stuff, and done.

29 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

It's like you have a giant every day though. I don't know. I just don't like having islands that are completely destroyed. 

How do you cope with overheating though? 

Giant every day? You don't even get an eruption every day. Not to mention most of them are just warnings. and altar of snackrifice means you can have a season with 0 eruptions.

Also just go to sea if you want the eruptions to hit nothing. though the dragoon eggs are resources so you will eventually need to have them happen on land. 

 

9 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

Get a dumbrella and overheating won't be a problem anymore when you're on the move for the most part. If you don't have one or need further cooling, simply hide under a tree for full protection (lowers your temperature to ~32°C) and get an umbrella to hold whenever that isnt possible.

You can also crash into waves to raise your wetness at sea at the cost of boat durability. It'll reduce your temperature to about 30°C if you have full wetness. Remember not to hold wet tools or wear permeable clothing if you do this to prevent your sanity from going haywire. For example, replace your booty bag with a krampus sack or piggyback, keep a top hat/football helmet/dumbrella on and either hold no item in your hand slot or an umbrella for extra cooling. Even the walking cane can get wet, so it might be worth sacrificing the moving speed to keep your sanity controlled.

If your panic island is on your base island or near it, you can spend the nights next to an endothermic fire pit. This will ensure that you start the day at ~20°C (overheating starts damaging you at 35°C), and should remove the chance of overheating for the whole day if you have some cooling clothing. You can make this even better by having a couple of freezing thermal stones on you (put them in a fridge overnight), which can be transferred to Packim when they turn yellow.

Remember that only one area has to be battered with volcano bombs if you go there at every eruption. I'd recommend choosing an area that's very close to your base but also keeps your stuff off screen. This gives you time to stock up on food and cool down before eruptions.

^^Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hyiltiz    490
9 hours ago, stl1234 said:

All seasons have benefits:

  • Mild = no threats, best time to explore
  • Hurricane = stock up on free ice, hands-free resource harvesting, lightning (free light with lightning rods, usable by WX, Charlie protection without light source), sealnado drops. (plus of course stocking up on blue gems & hound teeth, but that is not SW specific)
  • Monsoon = Yellow mosquito sacks, venom glands, tiger shark drops, ridiculous growth rate for farms & plants.
  • Dry= Stock up on obsidian, rocks, flint, charcoal, ashes. Free destruction. (plus of course stocking up on red gems and hound teeth, but that is not SW specific)

Rocks, flint? How? They were there from the beginning, and you don't actually gain any of them as renewable resources. If you mean by free hammering, then yes, but you said it later as "Free destruction".

32 minutes ago, Daggaroth said:

I usually make it a priority to find and kill the Tiger Shark during Monsoon Season; that way I can craft the Dumbrella, which is great at keeping the heat off your head. Also, DoyDoys make it quite easy to create Tropical Fans, which you can use to lower your temperature by tens of degrees whenever you start overheating. Combined with the Dumbrella, you can delay overheating for a long time.

There is also the option of using the Floral Shirt, but I tend to avoid it if possible because I enjoy wearing a backpack. I usually only resort to it if I haven't built / found a Dumbrella. 

You can also build Endothermic Fires to cool down on land when there aren't eruptions happening (they have to stop eventually right?)

As an added bonus, if you're playing as Maxwell, you can easily use the Ice Cube hat as another option without having to worry about sanity

Or just use a chilled amulet, if you got a blue gem and a parrot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daggaroth    129
15 minutes ago, hyiltiz said:

Rocks, flint? How?

The fallen Dragoon Eggs can be mined for 1 Rock and 1 Flint, or the ones that leave behind Lava Pools will eventually cool down and turn into Rocks, Ash, and Charcoal, or can be extinguished manually with Ice to get 1 Obsidian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3637
1 hour ago, hyiltiz said:

Oh right~ Mine the jumping rock that fell from the sky just in case it might breed a superman~

Or just wait until the lava pools cool down naturally, which doesnt take long.

And supermans? Really? Dragoons are still ez pz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stl1234    284

Mining them did destroy them last I checked, no Dragoon will spawn (which is bad, since you lose your chance at the heart). Most intact eggs will be destroyed by other falling eggs anyway, and you get rocks and flint that way too.

I was talking about the lava pools. Leave them alone, you can collect rocks, flint, charcoal, and ashes (provided you can back before they are blown away), or "give" them ice, and you can collect obsidian instead of other items. Rocks and flints are reliably renewable within shipwrecked because of the dragoon eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hyiltiz    490
7 hours ago, ansuman said:

I don't think there are gonna be any more major changes.....for a long time now

Wow, first post of yours!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mday    428

Use ice staff on lava pool = 2 Rocks + 2 Ashes + 1 Charcoal

Use ice on lava pool = obsidian

I have a feeling that this should not have been the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeputyDeath    262
1 hour ago, Mday said:

Use ice staff on lava pool = 2 Rocks + 2 Ashes + 1 Charcoal

Use ice on lava pool = obsidian

I have a feeling that this should not have been the case.

It would be a great buff to (IMO) one of the most useless items in the game.

Plz Klei/Capy make ice staff an obsidian farming tool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3637
1 hour ago, DeputyDeath said:

It would be a great buff to (IMO) one of the most useless items in the game.

Plz Klei/Capy make ice staff an obsidian farming tool.

Would actually be nice.

I use the ice staff rarely, and after using the volcano staff today(which btw you should do, it actually is able of producing so much obsidian), a method to extinguish the lava pools that is ranged and quicker would be so good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeoSS69    2204

>losing sanity and blue gems to do something that you can do with loot that drops from the sky

hmmmm. nah. I'd do it if the Flingomatic had that effect though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hyiltiz    490
5 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Would actually be nice.

I use the ice staff rarely, and after using the volcano staff today(which btw you should do, it actually is able of producing so much obsidian), a method to extinguish the lava pools that is ranged and quicker would be so good.

 

Ice staff is actually one of the two magic items I will ALWAYS unlock, the other is chilled amulet. It is great in the right hands: you use it to agro guys that usually run away from you.

3 hours ago, TeoSS69 said:

>losing sanity and blue gems to do something that you can do with loot that drops from the sky

hmmmm. nah. I'd do it if the Flingomatic had that effect though.

Your Flingomatic got seated by a HUGE dragoon egg. Good bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites