Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

(I was planning to have some relation to The Gloom Becons like for instance, Red felt a light tremor coming from deep underground (the earthquake), Red saw Dragon Mage in his dream. She seemed to be holding a torch in an underground cave somewhere. They the darkness slowly crept in around her until she disappeared completely, followed by a monstrous sound, y'know something like that? They are connected in a way. I could drop the idea if I (and LadyD/Maxwell) decide to throw a dragon/girl hybrid into the mix. I'll put down the bio just incase).

Spoiler

Name: Dragon Mage

Backstory(just a brief as to how you ended up here): Dragon Mage was just an average girl who loved to play games and draw. However, she always pictured herself as a half dragon/human girl with powers. She would always picture herself flying and manipulating fire and even sometimes with her friends (personas) in Freebirdia. One day, a voice came through on her smartphone. She was confused at first since it didn't ring but after some convincing, she was sucked away from the world she knew.

Appearance: Picture (can sometimes have wings and ears).

Personality: Dragon Mage is a carefree teenager who loves to draw and play video games. She is creative, imaginative and innocent and also loves animals. She wishes for an easy life but as she gets older, more responsibilities hinder her and make thinks more complicated. She's shy and quiet, yet kind and caring. She shows sympathy/empathy to those having a hard time and is very sensitive (can sometimes get a little too emotional).

Quirk/Gift/Ability (optional): Has dragon abilities such as flying and fire powers. She also has good vision (especially at night) and good hearing.

(No weakness or extras bit?... ok).

(Now on with the story)

Red understands why Sylvia wouldn't want to attack Arca again, after what she just told him about Actin. "Well..." he said "That probably won't happen here but it's best we don't start anymore fights. I just wish you two could get along but it seems your personalities conflict greatly with each other, much like fire and water". Then Sylvia got up and offered to take first watch. Just then, he heard Arca yelling in the distance. Something about a... frog?

Edited by DragonMage156

(Connecting two separate roleplays is not a good move, it would bond them together and limitate both, unless Lady and Danny want to fuse the two roleplays. Imo, not something I would want, as it would mean having to read the other roleplay too)

Arca turned to Tim. "Oh! What a curious arm you have. I thank you for your offer, but I do not think we have been introduced!" she held out her hand for a handshake, but forgot that the frog was still on it. "Well, my name is Arca. A pleasure to meet you." she then noticed the frog again and quickly switched to her other hand. Sylvia also offered to help, which was slightly unexpected. How would a boomerang of some kind get rid of this thing? She still wasn't very comfortable with talking to her again and kept focus on Tim.

Edited by RyanandLink

Art heaved a sigh noticing the new problem that had walked into their camp. Namely a frog attached to someones arm. She picked up a branch, set it on fire and then walked over to Arca.
"Hold still" she suggested with the full intention of sticking the flame close to the frog until it couldn't stand the heat anymore and let go. Hopefully all of this would happen without Arca getting burnt... 

(I'll just shoot it then.)

Sylvia slowed her breathing and fired a shot. There was an odd sound, and the frog limply hit the floor. Sylvia stood up and poked it with the end of her shoe. She loaded the gun again, and put another bullet through it's head.

"There. Was that so hard?"

"Now there is lead in supper" Art comments and picked the dead frog up by one leg. It was very large for a frog. Big as her head with horns on top of its slimy head.

"That was mine" A voice said softly and Art gasped dropping the frog and thrusting her torch towards the voice. Maxwell was standing there casual as you please.
"You!" she growled and advanced menacingly her torch aloft. Maxwell examined his nails and then flicked a finger. A long shadowy arm sprang from the woods and smacked Art backwards off her feet.

"Just for that I think I shall arrange for the frogs to have a special dislike of you all. Oh and I will of course be leaving Charlie here to keep you company" Maxwell said gesturing lazily at the shadowy arm that was retreating back into the trees. He let out a bark of maniacal laughter and then wrapped himself in shadows and vanished leaving them with the echo of his laughter.

Art who had flown several feet slowly sat up again, she was completely winded and felt rather bruised. Her torch was now a broken smoking twig. Its fire was gone, what was that thing that had hit her? It hit like a rail train and yet it looked like a shadow.
"Ow"  

"I apologise for the frog blood." She pulled out her penknife and sawed away at the legs, wiping the blood off when she was done. Taking two sticks, she began spit-roasting them over the fire. "Besides, we're already stuck here, so I don't see how this could get much worse, especially since we've killed... Them..." She indicated towards the dead hounds. 

Conner was watching the scene in silence and when the guy who trap them here showed up saying how the frogs were going to dislike us he didn't really know how bad that could be. I mean sure they were big but they were just frogs right? But who was this charlie person?

(Sorry, I was asleep.)

Tim was going to introduce himself when Sylvia shot the frog. "Gyah! Can you PLEASE tell us when you're going to shoot a gun?" He walked over to Art and Arca. "Are you okay? Can you stand? You got knocked over from...well I don't know." Tim said, returning his arm to its original position. He offered it to Art to get up.

After Maxwell disappeared, Red began to feel worried. "Having an animal dislike you is one thing" Red began "But what he might have in store for us doesn't sound good, giving his maniac laughter just now" Red looked up at the sky. "I hope it doesn't start raining those damn amphibians." Everyone thought Red was joking but but he was being dead serious. Then he remembered Charlie. They don't know who Charlie is but Red knows not to be in complete darkness. The fire was getting low. "We need more logs for the fire!"