Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

Arca saw T.O.M come over and gave him a welcoming smile.

"Ah, that is a pleasant sounding music box... I love music too. I can sing, and I have a harp back home.... ohh, I miss it!" She said, while dropping her chin on her hands. 

"Yeah, he's a great friend. Don't worry about how he looks or how loud he is, he's really kind and I'm sure will help you with anything," Conner said smiling at the boy. "If you feel afraid you can always come to me, I'll even help introduce you properly to T.O.M. Would you like that?" he stood up and waited for the boy to answer.

(Gotta go to bed. Yay, school...)

Tim accepted the pink strip. "Thanks. Here's the magazine, I'll finish the bullets." Tim said, handing over the magazine. He saw the girl chewing another one of the pink strips, so he popped the one he had into his mouth.

Sylvia loaded the magazine with the bullets TOM had given him, and aimed at a spot in the tree. She rattled off five shots consecutive ly. "That's a semi auto baby!" She blew another bubble and reloaded the magazine, so she had seven bullets in the magazine and one chambered. She clicked the safety on and stowed it within her jacket. "Thanks buddy, you've been a real help." She pecked him on the cheek and put her music in again, tapping her foot to DMZ.

"Would... you... sing...? O-oh! W-well, you mean, right n-now?" Arca stuttered. She thought about it for a moment. "Alright, I can sing for you." 

She cleared her throat, took a deep breath, and began singing.

Off to Sleep by Cœur de Pirate (because I couldn't think of anything else

:p)

"Time stood still for, a while~

~Your hand was holding mine"

She sang gentle, and pleasantly.

• Like 1

((I meant Slyvia and not Michael- Matthew. God damn it my brain is mushy))

"Er..." Art realise that it wasn't the squirrel who had told TOM she wasn't his boss it was the fox lady. At least she though it was, she wasn't good with names. But since the fox had probably heard her comments anyways the task was achieved and she put it behind her in favour of gracelessly sitting by the fire.

"I did just get thrown across the clearing..." she muttered as a cover for her inability to recall who said what and who was who. The kid was M something a rather and the rabbit... did it come to life as well. She looked at the stuffed toy with suspicion. 
"Its a normal toy right?" she asked the child to divert herself from her utter lack of people skills. 

• Like 2

(That's fine, he can't always get it right ^_^ )

Red noticed Art kinda out of the loop with everything. True, she may have been stunned by recent events but another theory sat in Red's mind. "Art...?" he started cautiously, thinking how to word his sentence. "Are you... seeing any shadows right now?"

Matthew swallowed hard. "Yeah. I'd like that," he said to Conner. Honestly, just thinking about that broken mess of a robot made his stomach turn in fear, but the desire to look brave for his new friends trumped any nightmarish image he could conjure. Hearing someone speaking behind him, he took a deep breath, then turned around to see who else was there. However, his shoulders relaxed when he recognized it as Art, the lady from before. He stared at her for a few seconds before realizing that she had been trying to talk to him; more specifically, she'd asked about his plush.

"Wiffleball doesn't move on his own. Not that I know of, at least."

"Don't worry, I've been talking to T.O.M and he even saved me from hitting the ground after I was thrown by Sylvia. Anyway I'll be with you just in case you need someone," Conner said as he offered his hand to Matthew.

7 hours ago, Dannyrulx said:

(I could've been fooled that he has no shoulders. Also, you said he sat down next to Sylvia, after his trip for berries.)

(It's not that he has no shoulders, it's that he's a squirrel sized squirrel and Sylvia is a human sized fox.)

Bell listened intently.

• Like 1