Starve, Inc.

Agent Wilson, our stomach has been compromised. We need to extract your beard.

wilsonflat.jpg.89a74ddfa8c22de4751cbe377

As you can see, I did some art (if you can call it that) inspired by Klei's "Invisible, Inc.". This was just an experiment to confirm that I have the tools to make something worth showing.

What do you think? Criticism? Suggestions? Carbonara or Bolognese?

• Like 12

I just realised how much of a difference shadows around the entire object can make. Here's an exaggerated example:

Spoiler

deerminatorflat_small.jpg.ddf2949e576e13deerminatorflat_small_noshade.jpg.88e5ed

I swear, the only difference is the shading layers behind the actual layers. Hopefully this helps you using shadows as a visual element, because they sure are important.

Edited by Mobbstar
  • Like 4

As a Graphic Designer, I'm going to give an opinion and say the shadowless image looks way better.
As you said, it's an exaggerated example.
Shadows are good unless they interfere with the actual image you want to show. In this case, it makes your avatar look fuzzy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ysulyan said:

Shadows are good unless they interfere with the actual image you want to show. In this case, it makes your avatar look fuzzy.

You're right, I removed all shadows from the background, so it hopefully makes them proper "shadow" and not fuzz. Besides, the yellow gear needs some outline :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

You're right, I removed all shadows from the background, so it hopefully makes them proper "shadow" and not fuzz. Besides, the yellow gear needs some outline :)

Now that's much better :)

• Like 1

On 21.3.2016 at 2:42 PM, Asparagus said:

please make my dream come true and make a Central-Wickerbottom Crossover!!

Nope! Their character doesn't match at all in my opinion, and fusing two gems old ladies just makes a generic looking old lady.

But have this instead (Warning: might contain spoilers for a game you probably played already):

Spoiler

The End is Nigh!

Death and Demise

Strike from the sky!

wickerflat.jpg.af6d142e1ba21be00b3431fbb

On 21.3.2016 at 10:02 PM, DragonMage156 said:

I've actually seen a really cool crossover with Willow on DevientArt. Whether you want me to post it here or not...

Sure, link me up!

Edited by Mobbstar
Added spacing between spoiler and next quote
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Now, I wonder which would be Wickerbottom's favorite computer system and browser...

I'd guess it'd either be Windows or Linux since they require more manual labor than a mac, and maybe her perfered browser would be Opera or just google chrome? xD Never really used Firefox so can't really suggest it without trying it :xx

Edited by GiddyGuy
Because who needs "()" I'm far more smarter than that!

pawnflat.jpg.56d82baf6f2d31387fb8b21ee54

Despite being notoriously useless, the P4-WN drone prototype is still being developed. It is capable of perceiving and filtering any and all noise and give alarm upon unauthorised sounds. To avoid confusion, the first model doesn't raise the actual alarm, but merely activates a flashing light and short siren. Guards or camera drones can then investigate and reset the P4-WN.

The knights are gonna be fun. The bishops are gonna be a challenge. The rooks are gonna be more fun than serious.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

pawnflat.jpg.56d82baf6f2d31387fb8b21ee54

Despite being notoriously useless, the P4-WN drone prototype is still being developed. It is capable of perceiving and filtering any and all noise and give alarm upon unauthorised sounds. To avoid confusion, the first model doesn't raise the actual alarm, but merely activates a flashing light and short siren. Guards or camera drones can then investigate and reset the P4-WN.

The knights are gonna be fun. The bishops are gonna be a challenge. The rooks are gonna be more fun than serious.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <3

• Like 2