Overpowered Tooth Traps?

I saw on the Don't Starve Wiki that Tooth Traps are good way to defend against the Krampus & Hounds.

Is it a 1-KO type of item that kills them instantly when stepped on?

Also will I get killed if I step on them?

there bugged for now so everytime you save and quit with a tooth trap planted they wont go off

The tooth trap does damage, probably about the same amount as one hit with a tentacle spike? Normally, it hits once and then it stops until reset. There's a rare bug which causes a mob to get stuck on a tooth trap and to take repeated damage until it dies. As far as I can tell, this only happens to large mobs (Spider Queens and Hounds.)

Wilson does not trigger the traps, but just about everything else will. I think I read somewhere that if you reset the traps after hatching smallbirds, they won't kill the smallbirds? I hope this is the case, because I killed my entire flock of cute in about 3 seconds by accident. :(

Another bug I noticed once, when I had a tooth trap in my backpack (might have been a pocket) it killed a gobbler before I had the chance to stab it with a spear! That's pretty likely to get fixed. :)

Mannn, Wilson is scary. I thought he was nice ._.

Yes I am Wilson's doctor and I have him taking bacon pills 24 times a day (once every hour) and bacon juice injected directly into his blood stream 8 times a day (every 3 hours) without this he will die.

Yes I am Wilson's doctor and I have him taking bacon pills 24 times a day (once every hour) and bacon juice injected directly into his blood stream 8 times a day (every 3 hours) without this he will die.

I am most confused. Once every hour is 16 pills a day, and 8 times a day is every two hours. Which is it? Your parentheses do not match what falls outside of them.

I am most confused. Once every hour is 16 pills a day, and 8 times a day is every two hours. Which is it? Your parentheses do not match what falls outside of them.

I am sorry for the confusion. Clearly I am from a different dimension where everything is wrong, that is why I am his doctor.