Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Meri: c4jt321.png

Just kidding.

Meritursas's eyes widen in horror as Niella is fried in a single shot.  He soundlessly gasps, opening and closing his mouth like a confused fish.

The Root lets out a hissing laugh, as its pyrosomes start to nibble at Niella's wound.  Feeeed!  Feeeed!  it chitters with glee.

ttthe sssshard, find tttthe sssshard!!

It seems to be completely ignoring the crew.

• Like 2

The blinding light of the ray in the middle of the darkness hurt Nadas' eyes, forcing her to avert them and shield them with a forearm, coughing somewhat, since she could still feel some water on her throat despite having spat out all of it. She froze in place, everything was happening too fast. Nadas quickly stood up though, feeling adrenaline rushing through her veins. Her pupils were dilated to almost round circles and not only thanks to the low amount of light. Her throat swelled and shrunk constantly as a sign of tense huffing and puffing. She immediately ran to the first injured she could see, and the larger body Dragon had caught her attention, especially since she received quite the thrashing. The gecko knelt before her and checked for wounds the best way she could in that hectic moment. On the corner of her eye she spotted Niella being assaulted by the Glowing One even further. This was not fine at all.

With chaos and noise happening around him and no clear plan on what to do Otto did the only thing he could think to do.

"HEY!" he shouted at the Root and Pyrosomes (mostly the Root though) "STOP HURTING EVERYONE YOU BIG BULLY!"

Otto felt a pang of fear and picked up a sharp piece of debris. "I-I'M WARNING YOU!"

This was insane.

(365 pages! You could now, if you wanted, read one page from this roleplay a day - and it would literally take you a full year to read every post made.)

(Speaking of which...in just a few weeks, WaW will reach its one-year anniversary. Time sure does fly!)

One of the Root's tentacles knocked over the wood pile, revealing an unconscious Wiffleball lying facedown on the rocky shore. Scattered nearby were a few chunks of coral and a small sewing kit, as well as smaller bits of cotton stuck in between a few stray boards.

• Like 4

The tentacle instinctively wraps around Otto, though due to his size it's not able to get a good grip.  It lifts him up to the Root's face, and the creature takes notice of him. 

Sssssssssssillly little creattttture.  What did you hope ttttto achieve?  It asks, its tongue flickering out with every "s".

Otto, completely unfazed, says "I hope to kill you"

Then he pulls himself out of the Root's grip and stands on it's tentacle. "Look, I don't like the way you're treating everyone and trying to eat them alive. I mean what's up with the sea creatures and they're constant need-to-feed on us? Eat a salad of something... atleast that's not living. Maybe you'll even loose some excess weight in the process"

How does Otto keep going from heroic (stupid) to just rambling and insulting (more stupid).

5 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Otto, completely unfazed, says "I hope to kill you"

Then he pulls himself out of the Root's grip and stands on it's tentacle. "Look, I don't like the way you're treating everyone and trying to eat them alive. I mean what's up with the sea creatures and they're constant need-to-feed on us? Eat a salad of something... atleast that's not living. Maybe you'll even loose some excess weight in the process"

How does Otto keep going from heroic (stupid) to just rambling and insulting (more stupid).

Spoiler

(618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg(618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg(618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg(618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg(618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg(618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg(618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg(618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg)

• Like 5

Malii is utterly horrified, but the sheer stupidity of Otto's actions makes her able to just go into a time out from all the gore and violence.

"okay uh, mister pyrosome thing. i know i'm interrupting you from getting that shard back and all that but i'd like to make it clear that we don't understand the actions of our friend either and we both agree that these are not the greatest actions to take when faced with a clearly dangerous creature that is like ten million more stories taller than you and just iced something that was like a hundred million stories taller than you. Like I know you're trying to kill us and stuff but I think I'd be really nice if we could part off as friends by bonding in our shared beliefs."

• Like 1

The Root stares at Otto blankly.  It doesn't understand a word of what he just said.  Then, after a few tense moments -

Feeeeeed!

It tosses him into its mouth without a second thought.

The monster then turns its attention to the ship, its tendrils sifting to the rubble until they find a small, orange cloth thing and a metal potato.  It hisses in delight, wrapping both objects in a gross embrace and lifting them into the air.

• Like 1

[Otto then realized that the tongue is a muscle. A really strong one that could either crush him to death or literally just bend a bit and send him falling down. Even if it didn't do that it was just one head and it's clear that they don't need those to survive.]

• Like 1

Otto tried to grip onto the tongue but it was too slippery. With the other hand holding his makeshift weapon, there was no way he could prevent himself from slipping down the throat.

But then he thought of something...

Otto lifted the piece of debris and stabbed it into the tongue. It stopped him from falling momentarily but he was unsure how the Root would react.

The Root lets out a clicking, angry hiss, seemingly annoyed by Otto's strike.  Sick of dealing with/listening to the otter, it flicks him into its throat and is done with him.

It returns its attention to its tentacle, which holds Wiffle and the Thing of Thought.  Yessssss!  Fffffood forever!  It says in glee, running its tendril over the potato.  It's still ignoring the rest of the crew.

Wiffleball stirred as the cold, wet tendrils of the Root brushed against his side, and slightly recoiled from its touch. A second later, though, he sprung to attention. What the hey was going on?! Disoriented and confused, he began struggling in a panicked frenzy to escape whatever had touched him. His feeble thrashing slowed, however, once he got a better look at the Root, and realized for the first time the massive monstrosity that currently had him in his grasp.

A cold feeling of dread rose in his chest.

Otto lost his grip on his weapon and went flying to the back of the throat. "AH!!" Then Otto was pushed and pulled as the muscles forced him down the Root's esophagus.

Edited by DragonMage156
Apparently, the Root's throat is not a wide open tunnel of flesh :P

Noctimus has taken way too many water burns, evident by him becoming smaller and smaller, and the fact that Kate's hands are sopping wet with nightmare fuel. Almost three quarters of the size when he was born, Noctimus is on the brink of melting away. As an act of self preservation, he absorbs his own arms, legs, and mouth into his own body, becoming into something resembling a bean the size of a tennis ball, and uses all the nightmare fuel that he can reach to cacoon himself in a crystal like shield, which sooth his wounds.

(Noccy will not be able to talk or move until he has healed enough, but he will take less harsh punishment from water. This world ain't ready for Noctimus to leave]

[Also he basically looks like a Larvae from DST in like a crystal or whatever]

(it's dumb but I'm bored)

Edited by Youknowwho

32 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

Noctimus has taken way too many water burns, evident by him becoming smaller and smaller, and the fact that Kate's hands are sopping wet with nightmare fuel. Almost three quarters of the size when he was born, Noctimus is on the brink of melting away. As an act of self preservation, he absorbs his own arms, legs, and mouth into his own body, becoming into something resembling a bean the size of a tennis ball, and uses all the nightmare fuel that he can reach to cacoon himself in a crystal like shield, which sooth his wounds.

(Noccy will not be able to talk or move until he has healed enough, but he will take less harsh punishment from water. This world ain't ready for Noctimus to leave]

[Also he basically looks like a Larvae from DST in like a crystal or whatever]

(chilled.png?)

(Edited my previous post btw).

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 1