Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

(Yes, attack the guy that's deathly afraid of you. That'll win him over!)

Kate had been perfectly calm around the thing that came out of the sea, even if it smelled and talked funny. She wasn't sure why Trevor was so scared, or what it was the sea thing pulled out, until- "Kate! It's a weapon!" After a brief moment of surprise, her face scrunched up in DETERMINATION and she got up to charge at the thing. "What are you doing?!" Her brother shouted and got up after her. "STOP IT!" She shoved the sea creature, well, for what it was worth at her size and stature, and stepped between the two. She pointed at the creature. "Stop fighting!" Then turned around and pointed at Trevor. "Stop being a wimp!" She scolded the both of them with all the authority an eight year old could command.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, wxps350 said:

"That's Right... Hide Behind a Little Girl... You Stupid Birch..."

(I think I've translated what he said. Not sure why he'd be calling Trevor a type of tree though.)

"IT'S NOT OKAY TO HIT PEOPLE!" Kate shouted angrily as she repeatedly punched Trevor's leg.

• Like 5

Little known to the group Gilda had set up on the other side of the island, oblivious to any other being's presence. 

She was focused on trying to start a fire, the heat from the friction hurt her hands. This was impossible. She was feeling dehydrated and frustrated. 

• Like 1

Jaw saw something. 

Or better, someone. They were playing with a thing making light. Weird, but they seemed distracted.

Jaw creeps near the camp, trying not to be noticed. But well, a bright orange-to-red thing wasn't difficult to spot on the sand

Edited by DwerBomb
  • Like 1

"AUGH!" Gilda stood and threw sticks down angrily. She needed to hydrate and the only water around would burn her. Why did this have to be so difficult?!

She headed down to the water to splash herself a little and noticed an amber shape in her peripheral vision. Gilda held her stick defensively and took cautious steps towards the shape. "Is someone there?...."

Edited by Dara999
  • Like 1

Wiffleball sank lower into Kate's arm. That sickle the fish person held looked nasty, and he seemed to know how to use it. Kate's intervention wasn't going too well, either, seeing as the neither the human (Trevor, it was) or the fish person was willing to heed her message. He glanced upwards and noticed the glint of the sickle, poised to strike. Was he going to hit Kate? He clung tightly to her arm. If she didn't move, she'd be hit! He couldn't speak, but instead pressed his face into her and thought as hard as he could.

Get out of the way!

GET OUT OF THE WAY!

Edited by WaddleDee
Malapropism.

By now Kate's face was red from frustration. "Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!" She screamed, jumping up to slam her feet on the ground repeatedly. Every time she did, a pseudo-shockwave of fire would spread out around her and dissipate, going a little farther each time. She was either too distracted to notice the fire or too angry to care.

(Temper tantrums are dangerous when the tantrum thrower has fire powers influenced by emotion.)

• Like 3

"Wha? AHHHHHHHHHH!" Trevor screamed as he went into a full on panic. The boat was made of wood. They'd probably get eaten by that walking shark, or that giant tentacle beast if they had to spend the night here. "UH, I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I WON'T DO IT AGAIN! PLEASE CALM DOWN! PLEASE!" He screamed not paying any attention to his finned 'friend'.

(Wait, I thought we were still on the beach. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we haven't actually gotten on the boat yet.

Oh wait, you meant Trevor was afraid the boat would catch on fire and they'd be stranded on the beach. I get it now. Oopsy.)

Edited by MenaAthena
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

By now Kate's face was red from frustration. "Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!" She screamed, jumping up to slam her feet on the ground repeatedly. Every time she did, a pseudo-shockwave of fire would spread out around her and dissipate, going a little farther each time. She was either too distracted to notice the fire or too angry to care.

(Temper tantrums are dangerous when the tantrum thrower has fire powers influenced by emotion.)

(Getting a babysitter must be hell.)

(Eh?  Eh?)

• Like 4