Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

(I'll tell you one thing for sure, you hit that boat design spot on! And I like the map. Wasn't Wheke in a coral reef or something?)

Famen examined the slime-covered map, only slightly weirded out. "Thanks! This'll be really useful. Let's get going before that giant squid finds us." Famen pulled out his phone and started playing "He's a Pirate"

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 1

Kate seemed uneasy about being on the boat, and so did Kade. "I really don't think we should be on this boat, Kate. I really really don't." She had that feeling too, but what was she supposed to do? She couldn't stay on that island forever, and everyone else was leaving. Being all on their own again was something neither of them wanted.

Kate made her way to the side of the boat and peeked over/through the railing to watch the water, clinging a little tighter to the plush.

• Like 1

(O rite)

Angelle walked over to Jaw and sat down, panting slightly. Being the friendly dog she was, wanted to say hi.

Famen on the other hand was about to release the sails, sailing off. "Angelle! C'mere girl!" 

Angelle turned her head and bolted onto the boat without a second thought.

(I think you mean "complicated".)

The smell of the salty ocean plus the rocking of the boat brought Wiffleball back to his senses. Aboard the boat, most of the group was wandering aimlessly, with Famen making the preparations to start sailing. So they really were leaving. He briefly considered another escape attempt, but dismissed the idea. It seemed these people were quite intent on keeping him around, and besides, he had the sneaking suspicion they would not leave without him. He ran his paw over the stitches on his mouth. They were all such nice people. Why did they have to be so difficult?

Kate's unease passed to Wiffleball. Looking down at the ocean, he had the sudden urge to walk around, start moving, do anything but stay still. He began fidgeting impatiently.

• Like 1

Kate felt the orange plush fidget. On any other day she would have been flipping out, jumping up and down squealing ecstatically, but everything that happened today combined with her uneasiness lead her to accept it pretty quickly and calmly. She figured that since he was fidgeting he wanted to be down for a while. She set him down on the deck a little ways away from the railing so he wouldn't tumble off and went back to watching the water.

(Alrighty then. Let's just say everyone's on the boat now.)

Without further ado, Famen dropped the sails, caught the wind, and the boat sailed off. 

Famen looked down at his crew passengers from the steering wheel to see Kate put down the rabbit plush and watch it walk around. "Holy crap, Trevor wasn't kidding. I had that thing in my bag also..." Famen said to himself. He took a look at the slimy map Gyx gave to him and hung it next to the wheel. "May as well head to the island closest to us next." He said, turning the ship in direction of the island and sailing off.

A small bump rocked the boat slightly, sending a tremor through the deck.  In actuality, this was not Meritursas hitting the boat; it was the force of the water displaced by his swimming.  A few minutes later, a more powerful shake was felt.