Please introduce new way to spend excessive tooth

I am getting 20+ teeth from each wave of hounds attack. At any time I don't need more than 40 teeth in storage. No I don't want to craft 360 blow darts because that will cost 720 cut reeds and takes up double the storage space.

Can we have a automatic rife/ shortgun/ turret that shot teeth, or a melee weapon that are made of teeth?

post-378499-0-91279200-1452746261_thumb.

There are always tooth traps you could make.

And Dapper vests.

And Sewing kits.

I can assure you that I use sewing kits and tooth traps as usual and the teeth are still piling up.

Edit: What you see in the screenshot is around 80 tooth traps. Each tooth traps cost 1 rope and 1 log to craft. So in the screenshot, 80 logs and 240 grass were spent to make tooth traps that cover an area about as big as 2/3 of the screen.

Now, back to my chests of full of 360 teeth, If I were to make 360 tooth traps, that will cost me 360 logs and 1080 grass.

Hounds attack happen 3~5 days so every 3~5 days I will need an additional 30~60 grass and 10~20 logs to make more tooth traps.

I hope math like these could proof that tooth traps/ sewing kits and alike just aren't the way to go.

Please give us some cool but non resource efficient way to spend the teeth. Otherwise I can only throw those to the lure plant which is totally not cool.

post-378499-0-96633900-1452749357_thumb.

I wish I had this problem!

I love using blowdarts, not sure why you wouldn't. Easily one of the best weapons in the game. I'm always running out of teeth but have azure feathers and reeds out the wazoo. I don't even use tooth traps and still runo out of teeth constantly. 

Since you're Wicker, plant a lureplant near a patch of reeds and cast applied horticulture to mass farm reeds. Even if you don't have a reed trap, of you could find an area with 5+ reeds close together, this would be cost efficient. Not only that, but cave swamps usually have dense reed areas making reed traps somewhat overrated.

Azure feathers are easily farm able with Birds of the World and STS but I prefer BotW and a fire trap.

As for making an automated weapon with teeth... you can shoot blowdarts at a super fast rate. Of course it's going to be expensive on, it's a whopping 100 damage ranged attack. 

On 14/01/2016 at 2:32 AM, Mday said:

So in the screenshot, 80 logs and 240 grass were spent to make tooth traps that cover an area about as big as 2/3 of the screen.

There's your problem. 4 screens and a half are the new meta.

but, yeah. Hound teeth were already a problem late game for singleplayer. Now that we get increased hounds in multiplayer, that seems to me like a possible really bad problem for people with weaker computers. Since the problem usually happens in the late game, some really quick to use late game item(or really expensive tooth-wise) could be added. I'll leave thinking to you guys though.

Having an automatic rifle that fired teeth would be not only fairly overpowered, but also really doesn't fit Don't Starve's style.

Also we've already got blowdarts, while teeth aren't exactly the most useful things in the world, they certainly don't have 0 uses.

Archived