Apes make me want to not play Shipwrecked

That's only a part of it. My inability to sustain a playthrough generally, due to lack of trees, gold, twigs, ect ect ect because I always get the WORST world gen.

Did you know the seashell suit protects you from being poisoned by direct attacks? (spiders, snakes, mosquitos)

The more you know! :juggling:

If you're still having trouble, playing as Wendy or attacking poison things from afar with a boomerang to farm up some emergency venom sacs can be very helpful. Pigmen allies too. 

hammer down their huts and grab the bananas. Give them the bananas, then they leave you alone. Or start a civil war, whatever. Then if you need to take out your frustration, make a monkey pen near your base and you can spank them without them getting away. In don't starve the best way to vent your frustration is spanking monkeys, I do it a lot during floods.

That's only a part of it. My inability to sustain a playthrough generally, due to lack of trees, gold, twigs, ect ect ect because I always get the WORST world gen.

How bad do you have to be to blame it at world gen?

Are you dying to poison within 10 days or something like that? Wow, lack of trees huh. Did you get a

pre-alpha version of SW? Pls tell me how you got it I would like to take a look at it myself.

lolz and rollz

How bad do you have to be to blame it at world gen?

Are you dying to poison within 10 days or something like that? Wow, lack of trees huh. Did you get a

pre-alpha version of SW? Pls tell me how you got it I would like to take a look at it myself.

lolz and rollz

Oh yes, because there's NO CHANCE that i'm being screwed by bad RNG.

Why do you automatically presume that it must be me sucking at Shipwrecked?

Oh yes, because there's NO CHANCE that i'm being screwed by bad RNG. Why do you automatically presume that it must be me sucking at Shipwrecked?

Because a lot of people here consistently survive.

And you are the one here that consistently sucks.

So I propose a solution.

In settings.ini of DoNotStarve of MyDocuments, set DISABLECLOUD to true.

Then start a game and post your save folder (right next to settings.ini, zip it and post it) here, in the forums, in a new thread, so we can take it and replace it with ours, and play your cursed maps.

The apes picking up your stuff is annoying I admit. If you can kill them to get the item back, that would be good. I wish they were a bit easier to melee. First time I tried to attack one, I got like a couple hits in and then it kept its distance from me.

Oh yes, because there's NO CHANCE that i'm being screwed by bad RNG.

Why do you automatically presume that it must be me sucking at Shipwrecked?

RNG? Do you even know what that is? Rng is usually referred to loot from monsters and other things that are based solely on numerical randomness. For example a krampus sack has 1% to drop. Nothing but that probability affects the drop. Player A kills krampus 500 times but there is no krampus sack. Player B kills krampus 20 times and gets 1 krampus sack. In this case the player has literally zero control or influence as to whether the sack drops or not. He just have to keep killing till it drops.

The map in any Don't Starve game is procedurally generated. There is a procedure to it. The program doesn't just pick numbers and bases it off probabilities. There are always going to be trees in the game. There are always going to be beach biomes and they will contain twigs, grass, palm trees, sand, sea shells and limpet rocks, normal rocks, boulders. Your starting island will have both a beach biome and a jungle biome, that I can guarantee you. There will be all the basic resources there. If you did have a bad world gen maybe it would lack one of the resources. Flint could be missing or be very rare. Gold is always where apes are and you can find more in magma biomes if they are big enough.

THE MAP IS PROCEDURALLY GENERETAD NOT WITH RNG!!!

And also what DarkXero said. Post your save file and prove it. Out of 10 deaths you have, maybe 1 could be because of bad world gen the rest is you not the world gen. 

How I cope with the monkey issue:

1) When monkey keep following you. Separate that monkey from the group by going far from the hut. At night the monkey will fall into sleep. Kill it right there to get your item back.

2) Befriend some pigs and get them kill the monkey for you

3) Build your base far from monkey. Don't bring them back to your base. If you have monkey following you, get on a boat and sail away from the island for a few meter and they will stop following.

4) Build your base by the shore and build wall to protect your base. Use boat for access.

5) If you play as Wendy you can get Abigail to kill the monkey for you at night.

6) Use grass wall to surround monkey hut

7) To clear huge number of monkey huts, use hammer to break down monkey hut. Grab the banana and use it to befriend some monkey. Make them fight each other.

8) Burn the monkey hut.

9) Use boat cannon to bombard them (have not test this one yet, will see). 

10) Harpoon can kill monkey in 1 shot

11) Wolfgang and Wigfrid *should* be able to kill monkey with 1 eyeshot and etc.(haven't try them out myself yet)

12) Pan flute/Ice staff/fire staff is available from using trawl net at midway/deep sea.

13) Pick up any manure that were throw at you. Monkey can use any manure left on ground to throw at you again.

14) While mining, use the pickaxe on the rock until its about to break, then drop some junk a little further from the rock to bait the monkey e.g a seed. As the monkey run toward that junk go on and use the pickaxe on the rock and pick up everything asap.

15) Kill any monkey on sight. Put a junk right by your feet. As the monkey run towards you to pick up the junk, melee it.

16) Silly monkey ball has been added to the game. 

I know that feel in the opposite day - I always felt like game just gives you buckets of loot and I had to turn off bushes and carrots, and set twigs, grass, rocks and trees  to "less"

At this point i just avoid apes alltogether until i got some tools to deal with them (Spearguns, Darts etc.) however i always burn down the Huts asap so they won't swarm me like they love to do (not fun when 20 apes fling s**t at you and your sanity goes from full to 0 in 2 seconds).

I think one of my biggest problems is that they have pretty high HP for such a common mob (specialy in the swarm categorie) like iirc i had to whack one 5 times with a spear just to kill him (as a below 215 Hunger Wolfgang) and considering how good they can escape you it's just dumb even considering fighting them head on because it always ends up with you having to escape the Apearmy to keep your sanity at a good point.

The RNG and worldgen has ALWAYS been bad in Don't Starve. But, since you had roads, since you could travel long distances without needing to REPAIR YOUR LEGS, it was alright.

Shipwrecked has made the touchy RNG far more pronounced for me. It was bad, now it's WORSE.

You just seem to be lazy and you don't know how to manage your  limited resources.

No. I don't get what you are talking about. To me its inconceivable that you can't find resources in any map generated. They are all just lying around and for the taking. Sure there may be some cases where the gold is spread out very thinly or no flint on your island but those are rare.

The RNG and worldgen has ALWAYS been bad in Don't Starve.

Are you trying to tell me that you have always used world gen to make the game easier?

You should change your mindset really. Each death should be an opportunity to learn something and a chance to try a new tactic until you do conquer the world you are in.

Archived