Unending

Blewcheese

"Well, this has to be one of the weirder things I've seen." Mina remarked as she scanned the mushroom houses. "And it doesn't look like the others are going to be able to catch up to us with those vines blocking the bridge."

~~~~~~

After a few minutes, Kate slowly picked up the bowl in front of her, took a sip, and slowly put it back down.

Kate repeats this process of taking a sip of soup every few minutes almost like clockwork for a while, slowly gaining back some awareness. Eventually, when she starts to take another helping of soup, she stops and turns her head to Kade.

"... Do you want some?"

"Nah, I'm not hungry."

"... You always say that."

"But it's true. I'm not going to take food if I'm not hungry."

"... You're going to starve."

"I haven't starved yet, have I?"

One would suppose it's a good sign she finally stared interacting with something, even if that something just looked like empty space to everyone else.

Kate gave the guy with a sword a weird look, like she didn't understand why he said that or what he meant by it. Then she squinted at him. She had seen him somewhere before... Suddenly her eyes widened and she screamed, scrambling away from the masked stranger and nearly sloshing her soup all over the ground. That was the man with a bumpy face that threw the knife at Sirus! And now his knife turned into a huge sword! He was going to cut them up and take them back to the other masked men in the ruins!

• Like 1

"Calm down, kid." Judas mumbled. "You're waking up the whole town." he gestured to the surrounding barren village. "I only came after your group because I wanted to get my hands on that old fool. Yknow, the one who led you all through this portal? He came to MY group first, yanked out chain by saying he knew the way out of here, and then he just left. Speaking of the old fart, where is he? He and I need to get..." He glanced at the large sword next to him. "Properly Reacquainted".

(I have created a comprehensive meter for mapping Kate's sanity progression.)

Spoiler

7S0Fh2z.png

Kate scowled. That was a threat! She wasn't going to let any more masked men hurt anyone else! She stood up and charged at the lumpy faced masked man with her arms stretched out in front of her, aiming to do... something. Stop him somehow.

• Like 1

(Wait, how does Famen know that Tiresias tried to kill Lefay? He made the attempt while everyone was asleep.

Speaking of Tiresias, what happened to him? I assume Blew isn't roleplaying anymore, so is someone else going to take him over? What happened to him when the masked things attacked? It's like he disappeared off the face of the earth.)

Judas grunted in both surprise and memorization, and quickly grabbed his hand on his sword. "Hey, I wasn't doing anything. She's the one who shouted and ran at me like a madwoman, you thing." He spat on Sirus.