Unending

Blewcheese

As the night proceeds, more strange things happen.  They find spiky vines littered across the paths where there were none before, entire trees covered in the glowing mushrooms, and blood splatters covering the road.  However, nothing seems to directly threaten them.

Eventually, they reach the edge of the forest, and walk out into the open air.  They are on the hill overlooking the Ruins.  There are no masked figures visible, though the entire structure does seems to glow with a very dim light.  Almost like an afterimage.  Vilsig leads them in a wide circle around the structure.  As the sun starts to rise on the horizon, the marble spires are almost behind them.

"Is it just me, or does anyone else have the feeling that night passed and we went around those giant ruins in a couple of moments, but in contrast the group we left behind are still stuck in the minute or two after we left?" Mina asked, probably sounding like she had gone completely bonkers to the others.

After a while, the group reaches the bridge.  It is a rather alarming structure; it looks like thousands of trees grew out of two cliffsides, and eventually entwined to make an uneven and menacing bridge.  The other side is shrouded in mist.

"There it is again!" Mina exclaimed with a dramatic wave of her arms. "One second we still had some hills to go over, and then the next second, BOOM! We're at the bridge! Is it just me? Am I, like, blacking out momentarily or something?"

~~~~~

Kate made no effort to communicate, or to eat, or to do much of anything really.

(shush, i'm repairing this one : P )

Sirus had to help Kate with eating the stew he had made, but at least it would help her.

"Through a portal of some sort...........this......is looking rather bad...."

"....Here.....try this. Maybe it'll help."

Lefay handed the second amulet she had made over to Sirus. He looked at it, a bit confused for a second or two, before putting it around Kate's neck.

"Oh no! I am intimidated!" Mina exclaimed in a very genuine intimidated voice while bringing her hands up to her face in a totally not overdramatic gesture.

~~~~~~~

When first attempting to get Kate to eat the soup, she grimaced and turned her head away. Her stomach hurt and she didn't want to eat. Eventually, she ate a couple spoonfuls, but refused any more at the moment.

The vines are extremely slow, as it appears they are literally growing rather than actually moving; however, they are very deliberate, and those enormous spikes don't look very fun.  Vilsig and Mina make it across the bridge.

They make it across just in time for the vines to grow a huge, spiky barrier across their path.  The mist starts to clear; they seem to be in a large village of some sort.  The houses are very small, and seem to be made from thousands of the blue mushrooms.  However, the vines are here too, and they have smothered the houses.