Unending

Blewcheese

(What?

Oh, right. Should probably have Mina react to the whole impaling thing.)

"Ow my face." Mina said ow even though her face nor her spike wounds actually caused her pain. It was just kind of a reactionary noise to her. She was stuck on there good and probably wasn't going to pull herself off anytime soon, but that didn't stop her from trying, which wasn't doing any favors for her wounds.

Vilsig hears Mina's comment, and quickly spins around.  He tries to run to her rescue, but before he can the serpentvine slams into the ground, flattening her into a gruesome paste of bone and gore.  Blood splatters across the ground as the vine slithers back underground, grinding apart whatever's left of her.

Trevor's vine catches up to him, and wraps around him before slowly starting to impale him.

Before Thomas can do anything, the spikes grow to their full size, crushing his body between the spines.  They retract and slither back underground, and his ground-up remains drop to the ground in a mushy pile.

Vilsig can do nothing but watch in shock as they both die.  The final Serpentvine rises up in front of him, and shoots towards him.  He readies himself...

...but the attack never comes.

The vine is frozen in midair, completely motionless.  The fog is motionless.  The blood from the two corpses stops flowing.  A bit of debris falling off the vine's body halts.  Everything is totally still.

t҉̴̦͔̥̰̹̭̜̩̳͇h͡҉̰͓͓͓̟̩̫͉̀͜i̸͎̦̱̣̕ş͝͏̨͖̮̝̳̮ ̴̪͚̼̭i҉͏̳̞̼̟͓s̸̶͔͎̣͈͖̘̝͚͎̯͍͍͠͝ͅ ̴̢̛̭̻̱͉̬̳̤͖͔͠ņ̬̯͚͔̱̀͢ò̵̹̪̺̬̝̳̤͖͔̤̘̯̘̥͟͠ͅ ̵̧̱̤͈̞̰̣̠̘̹̙̲͠p̸̲͎͇̮͙̳̪̰̖̲̗͓̲̹̪̦͈̹̦̀̕͝ĺ̪̟̙͕͕͚͕͖̲̮̦͍̺̀́͢ͅá̶̷̡̹̺̟̻̹̯̮͡c̛̀͟͡҉͈̥̺̹̼̹͔̜e̶̸̛͔̞̯̻̕ͅ ̸̢̜̯̟̞͉́͠t̴҉͏̸̲̣̖̥̤̫̰̩̻̬̣͍̦͙̕o̸̫͚͙͙̬̤̜̣͙͖͘͜͜ ̷̘̟͔͉͚͖͎̗͜͠è̞̮̥͔̱̤̞͔̠͢͞ń̸̡͇̺͉̤͖̺̱̬̤̀͟d̵̶̵͙̙͕͔̺̼͉̖̪̬̖͓̟͓͙͠ͅ ̶̨̧̹̼̮̱̘̳̪͈̪̰̞̺a̡͇̹̦̱̗̲̪̟̺̼̺̥͈͖͔̬͙̘͚͞͡ ͏̷̢̭̥͕̹̥͈̰͍̲̘̬ͅs̷҉̡̺̻͇̦̘̜̗̣̤̮̙̼͙̻̰́ţ̭̰̪͔̠́̕̕͞ͅo̵͢҉̸̰̬͕̭͇̩̯̤̤͙͉̘͎̬͕͡r̵̷̷̸̸̯͉̻͎y̬̥͙͔̩̕͘͡.͍̝̟͚̞̪̖̦̜̖͖̀͘

Due to the high concentration of fog, Vilsig and the others don't notice the darkness looming over the others.  What they do notice is something large moving through the earth around them at an alarmingly rapid speed.

Vilsig blinks in confusion.  "What?"  How...did he get there?

The serpentvine bursts out of the ground, and Vilsig has a moment of realization.  He aims his arm at the creature's red pod, and a barbed spike explodes out of it.  It stabs through his target, causing it to writhe in silent agony.  He pulls it to the ground, and it finally dies, black sap pouring out of the room.

"Hey, what do ya' think that is?" Mina says, referring to the underground movement. "My bet's on giant mole people." 

Then, when the serpentvine bursts out of the ground, Mina can't even start a word before Vilsig flings a knife into it's big, red, obvious weak spot, and kills it. "Darnit, not mole people." She says with a little disappointment. "Nice shot by the way." She compliments Vilsig with a grin. (I'm not sure if there are still more serpents or what so I'm not going to dodge or attack or anything)

• Like 1

(Just making a post for Kate real quick cause I forgot and I can't seem to sleep right now anyway.)

Kate hadn't replied to Famen's question. She had just stared at him while clutching the precious glowing orb to her chest. Then Sirius picked her up, and he was hard and metal and uncomfortable, so she squirmed a bit. Kade ran behind the floating robot and his sister. She held the orb out for him so he would have some light too.