Unending

Blewcheese

"Actually, that'd be exactly 10!" An old man stepped out from behind a nearby tree completely spontaneously. How he had gotten there seemed a mystery, but there had been no previous sign of his presence. He gave a hearty chuckle, and grinned wildly at the group. "Sorry I'm late, folks!"

(You want plot? I'll give ya plot...)

• Like 1

• Developer

Mark stayed in the same spot, looking thoughtfully at the letter. The only thing that made him look away was the arrival of an apparently old man, who called out to the group. He uttered his usual "Hello there!" And waved to the old man, then went next to Mina. "Hey, Mina... could you point me towards where Lefay left to?"

Edited by ImDaMisterL

• Developer

"But of course! I'm not letting her stay alone out there, that's for sure!" He grabbed 4 cut grass, 4 saplings and 5 berries from the pile of the ones he had brought to camp. "And remember... stay on the lookout for... any suspicious actions from Vilsig, Fid, or... that old guy." He pointed to the old man that had apparently already started a conversation with Vilsig.

"Not sure if we can trust them completely..." He extended his hand for Mina to shake. "Farewell then, Mina. You better not die and I'll try not to as well. I'm sure we'll meet again, eh?"

Edited by ImDaMisterL

• Developer

Mark blushed. "First of all, I'm not in love with her, second of all... oh, whatever." Mark shrugged it off and went the direction Mina pointed to, then turned back.

"Alex, take care! Vilsig... keep doing your thing! Fid... don't do anything stupid... old man..." Mark only gave the old guy a thumbs up, not really knowing what to say. "Tell Judas I wish him my best, eh! And Mina..." Mark saluted. "So long soldier, and thanks for all the help!"

He then took off towards where Mina said Lefay went, hoping he wouldn't take too long to find her.

Edited by ImDaMisterL

Mark eventually caught up with Lefay at the far end of the savannah. It ended at an elevation, giving a good view of the surrounding area for miles and miles. Off in the distance, Lefay spotted a large rocky plateau full of boulders.

"Ohh.....that's perfect.....i'll be set up in no time..."

In the meantime, Lefay had gathered plenty of grass.

Inventory

• Axe
  • Quill Pen
  • Honey
  • Paper
  • Book From Strange Friends
  • Purple Gem Fragment(5)
  • Twigs(8)
  • Cut Grass(30)

(I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE FORUMS FOR SEVERAL HOURS AND ALL OF A SUDDEN WE HAVE A WISE ELDERLY GANDLDORE AND A LOVE DODECAHEDRON.)

Corthias stooped down, picking up the book and putting it at her side (she felt comfortable enough to show the book now, but she would not point it out), and ripping a corner of her straw roll bed apart, using the piece of the clump to sop up, or at least attempt to draw away, the mess of blood; it was a habit of hers to clean and tidy, no matter how gruesome it may be.

"A source of food is acceptable, but honestly, did you have to be so crude and make such a mess?"

Edited by Percival

Mark's attempt to not startle her did the exact opposite. She yelped in surprise, having to stop herself from practically falling forwards off the cliff. She swiveled around to face Mark, and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Mark........w..what are you doing here?...........Did you decide to follow after me?...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Woodie nodded to himself.

"Aye, I kinda do have to, eh? Those furry elephant critters can get very angry once you start wounding em."

Before long, the pot began to bubble and boil, a wafting scent of meaty stew starting to slowly fill the air.

"Elephant? I saw a large, well-fed koala. Now, don't question me, I don't know what's 'normal', and we already got into this discussion last night."

She took the entire straw roll and slid it across the mess, trying and failing to slide the blood off. Sighing, she tossed the soaked roll to her right.

"Oh, bother. . .ahem, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you cooking? A stew of sorts?"

"Lovely; you simply cannot go wrong with a broth."

Corthias moved herself towards the crucible, waiting patiently for it to cook. 

"Hearty, filling, and can be improved on easily. You wouldn't happen to have any other foodstuffs, do you, such as roots?"

Edited by Percival

(DANGNABIT I JUST WENT TO DO CHORES)

Mina waved to Mark as he went off. "Goodbye! See ya later!" she shouted after him before sniffling and pretending to wipe a tear from her eye. "They grow up so fast..." She spins around to face the group, particularly the old man that showed up. "Well, that happened. Anywhos, I'm Mina, this is Alex, Fid, Vislig, and that Judas kid wandered off somewhere. Who're you?"

• Developer

"Hey! You okay there? I'm so sorry... didn't want to startle you..." Mark apologised, after almost indirectly pushing Lefay off the cliff.

"And the answer to your question would be a yes sir! ... lady!" He smiled. "I couldn't just let you leave us like that! Alone and with nowhere to actually go to! ... Not saying you wouldn't be able to take care of yourself, oh no, but two's better than one, eh!"

Edited by ImDaMisterL

As if he knew what Vilsig was thinking, (because, well, he did...) he laughed loudly. "Certainly not a cow!" It seemed like a wild statement to the other... He gave a sideways grin and pierced the rabbit with the end of his stick, ripped off a leg and and began chewing loudly. "Judas'll be back before long, don't fret! I'm Tiresias."

After giving his Adieu's to Mark, Alex glanced over at Mina, then watched the old man, apparently, Tiresias, and frowned, not knowing quite what to say.

Oh gods. How long had Judas been asleep?

Suddenly, Judas snapped awake. During the rain, he had passed out, overwhelmed with sensation and pleasure. Now, his skin was as dry as it was before. He stood up, concealed himself once more, and headed back towards the rest of the group.

He hardly bothered to even look up once he got back. He was so tired, despite having slept for who knows how long.

"Alright, who did what?" he lazily mumbled staring at the ground as he walked forward.

(Alright thats my best idea for NOT having to read the last two pages.)

Edited by wxps350

Lefay put a hand over her heart, a little smile slowly spreading across her face.

"I'm fine...........i'm fine............Mark...........you're too kind. Thank you so much. I think you'll find this was the smart decision, at the end. What I had just found, is a rocky plateau. I've got a lot of ideas to work with, but we need rocks. Especially gold. I think there might be plenty to the northwest. Once we pay a visit there, we may as well set up a camp and get started."

---------------------------------

"Not really, eh. If you have any suggestions, i'll listen."