Unending

Blewcheese

(Fine. But disclaimer: I retain all rights to kill off your pet to generate tension/sadness.)

Alex seemed relatively nervous at the notion of wolves, but, outwardly, remained calm. He was ready to fight if need be.

The happiness flooded back into Tiresias's expression, and he grinned widely. "Good to know we're all feeling confidant!" At that, distant snarling and barking could be heard. The hounds were approaching.

"That may be for the best. Oh, how I wish I had a firkin of mushroom wine; they're a. . .refined taste."

Corthias sat down, wanting to keep talking.

"It feels odd, having conversation with a human. A real living human. Who would've thought."

She chuckled, quickly stopping herself.

"Ahem, pray tell, how did you get here?"

"Eh............it's a long story.....and I think it might be best if I don't tell you all of it. Let's just say that I was in danger of being put in the clink when a strange man in a suit made me an offer. Spending the rest of my life where i'm most at home: the wilderness. I accepted it, and the man used some weird abra-ca-dabra to make me end up here, eh."

-------------------------

After a few minutes, Mark and Lefay reached the rocky plateau. The ground was littered with rocks of all shapes and sizes. Plenty of flint to go around. Lefay picked up some of them and used them to make her and Mark a pair of picks. Eventually, her eyes fell on a boulder with yellow streaks in them.

"I spy.....with my little eye.....something that looks a lot like gold."

Mina shrugged. "Well ok then." she stood up and stretched before pulling a small dagger with a leather covered handle. When the light hit the metal blade just right it had an odd light green tint to it. "Alright everyone, try not to die!" she shouted cheerfully, preparing for the wolfs to come.

(fine by me! NO IT ISN'T, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! LISTEN TO ME! DON'T KILL MY WOLF! DON'T! NO! NO! NO! NO! JUST DON'T!

hmmm... assuming the way Don't Starve Together works... wouldn't the hounds attack every person on the island regardless of where they are? just saying...)

(I'm going to leave that one up to Percival and Silent. The hounds targeting Woodie and Corthias would imply that they meet up with the group sometime soon. If you two feel like that is something you want to do, then fight some hounds. If not, then feel free to have your characters go about their business.

RP rules override DST rules. We won't be having any ghosts of players that can be easily revived with a handful of grass and a spider gland floating around.)

Judas rose, and shined his sacrificial dagger. It was mostly dirty, with a remarkable shape. It had a curve, as well as a skull in the middle. He held the dagger in both hands, and pointed it in the direction the old man pointed they would charge through.

Edited by wxps350

(Well, it'd hardly be fair if the group of 2 were to get a warg while the big bunch got just hounds. I can fix this.

Two Wargs! Wheeeeeeee!

Just remember....

You asked for this.)

Corthias and Woodie could now hear snarling as well, and a group of hounds could be seen in the distance charging towards them.

The first hound leaped through the foliage by the main group, and was promptly smashed back by a swing from Tiresias's walking stick. Three more hounds emerged to take its place, and more seemed to be on the way

• Like 1

Lefay smiled a wide smile, and readied her pick.

"Only one way to find out. Let's get to work."

Lefay started chipping away at the boulder.

Inventory

• Axe
  • Pick(90%)
  • Seeds(8)
  • Twigs(4)
  • Flint(6)
  • Purple Gem Fragments(5)
  • Book From Strange Friends
  • Cut Grass(20)
  • Honey
  • Paper
  • Quill Pen

------------------------

Woodie put Lucy away, and took out what appeared to be a sturdy bludgeoning bat, made out of a haunch of pig meat. He readied the Ham Bat, and stuck close to Corthias.

"Come 'ere, you lil' puppies. I've got just the thing for all of you."

Edited by Silentdarkness1

(Lovely. Also, just so you guys know, when Corthias finds a new abstract idea, or states an already used abstract idea that she hasn't yet said, to use in the book, I'll place a basic description of it in a spoiler. Ding.)

Corthias steadied herself, grabbing the book and readying her stance.

"Canines? Or are they, perhaps, something far more sinister?"

She gripped the book close to her side. She needs to load the book with something soon. She began contemplating her options to herself, quietly, under her breath. Her eyes kept darting around, looking for something she could use.

"Primaeval? Mortus? Entropy?"

Primeaval (Ages, Beginning, Start.) - The forgotten age of the start, the beginning of the beginning's end. Unpredictable, due to the nature of ancient beings.

Mortus (Death, Decay, Beyond.) - Passing into the plain beyond, in a pure form. Direct, swift, and sharp, but it doesn't have a loyalty, and can backfire spectacularly.

Entropy (Disorder, Chaos, Decay) - The decay of the world into natural disorder, into a form that is both simple and complex. Generally effective, but affects all.

Vilsig stays in the background while the others hack away at the hounds.  The metallic scent of blood fills the air, as does that of confusion and fear which often arises in the heat of battle.  He greedily drinks up the sanity of both the hounds and his 'friends' as he runs from one body to another, stabbing them through the heart to make sure they die slowly and painfully.

The forgotten age of the start, the beginning of the beginning's end. Unpredictable, due to the nature of ancient beings.

(oh yeah.... that makes a whole lot of sense to me!.... not....

also, if there are in fact MORE hounds coming  then I'm going to wait for the last batch before taming 1... I wanna have fun with this bat yo!)

Fid pulls out his bat and gets in a battle stance ready for the incoming hound mob right infront of him.

• Developer

"Oh mama!" Mark said surprised, reaching for one of the gold nuggets that fell from the rock they just mined. He grabbed it andturned it around in his hands, examining it. "These things are the size of our hands!" He exclaimed amazed.

Edited by ImDaMisterL

Lefay picked up the other one.

"Perfect.......these ought to do just fine for a start. Come on, let's see if we can take down another rock or two before it gets late."

Lefay also picked up some of the rocks and flint before heading over to a rather craggy boulder, and working on it, trying to ignore the fact that she was sweating quite a bit.