I´m bored, so I thought I would write some ideas down that I´ve always wanted to see in the game. Some of these are for DST and some are for singleplayer.

- More options when it comes to biome settings: I think this would make the game really interesting if you could modify the world´s biome. I really would love a desert challenge, making the world just an infinite desert.

- A nocturnal character: I´ve always wanted this, I just think it would be fascinating and it would be bring an entirely new way of playing the game. Basically the character would loose sanity during the day and would gain it in the night. Plus he could have nightvision (making him invulnerable to Charlie) and could sleep during the day. This would force player to be noctunal, making seasons such as Autumn a lot harder.

- Traps for player´s on multiplayer.

Or a plantable treeguard?
This is like the coolest trap ever, I just think it would take more than 6 living logs to make unless it only dropped monster meat cause you know farming living logs by doing that seems op, also could you imagine putting 8 treeguards near a tree and someone chopping down the tree and being surrounded by them omg that would be so hilarious. xD 

I like the traps idea. Maybe like a fake berry bush that explodes? Or a farm plot with a tentacle in it? Or an ice box that freezes you? Or a chest with a hound in it? Or a plantable treeguard? Or a firepit that explodes? Or anything that explodes?

I thought of a Berry Bush trap before (Crafting Recipe: 1x Toothtrap + 1x Bush), but I hadn´t thought of explosions! I´m all for that.

Also the plantable treeguard is a brilliant idea.

I thought of a Berry Bush trap before (Crafting Recipe: 1x Toothtrap + 1x Bush), but I hadn´t thought of explosions! I´m all for that.

Also the plantable treeguard is a brilliant idea.

How would you feel if you went to pick a random berry bush in the wild and it zipped your health from full to nada in a single explosion/strike? I've found in the past all traps are used to terrorize just as much if not more than to prevent terrorism. Also, the bush hat exists. Watching someone try to pick you is the single greatest thing.

How would you feel if you went to pick a random berry bush in the wild and it zipped your health from full to nada in a single explosion/strike? I've found in the past all traps are used to terrorize just as much if not more than to prevent terrorism. Also, the bush hat exists. Watching someone try to pick you is the single greatest thing.

I think it would be pretty awesome, but I think that´s a little overpowered maybe.

Traps for player´s on multiplayer.
when I read this I thought of a bear trap, so something that makes you lose a bit of health but above all, you'd be stuck and it would require the help of somebody else to unstuck you, to enhance cooperation.

Love that.

You're walking back to your base after a long hard day of picking berry bushes. Thank goodness none of them exploded on you for no reason you can imagine! Unfortunately, however, as you prepare to light your fire, you step on a trap! Oh no! Now your leg is broken, you're losing health, and you're gauranteed dead if you don't have anyone helping you. Darn.

Invisible, one-shot traps amirite?

This is pretty key for multiplayer games: you want threats designed so that they give the other person a chance to respond; the berry bush would have to have the "needs fertilizing soon" look, and maybe start smouldering then quickly after do its damage after it is picked. If not explosive, maybe the eater could take some damage. Conversely, I'd see it as an elaborate turkey trap if all else fails. Same goes with the other traps. There would have to be some tells. There is still room for creativity. Obviously a timed trap you'd want to put in a place that's less convenient to get away from, but appears to be a boon. Flare2V has the right idea all the way.

Webber would have made an ideal nocturnal character. His "spider vision" could allow us to see in the dark and we get a nice sanity boost during the night. During the day sanity drains quicker than other characters.

Something simple like that would make using him challenging but fun. 

Webber would have made an ideal nocturnal character. His "spider vision" could allow us to see in the dark and we get a nice sanity boost during the night. During the day sanity drains quicker than other characters.

Something simple like that would make using him challenging but fun. 

That´s exactly what I wanted.

- A nocturnal character: I´ve always wanted this, I just think it would be fascinating and it would be bring an entirely new way of playing the game. Basically the character would loose sanity during the day and would gain it in the night. Plus he could have nightvision (making him invulnerable to Charlie) and could sleep during the day. This would force player to be noctunal, making seasons such as Autumn a lot harder.

OH i like this idea. Maybe push it even further? Like complete opposite to lets say Wilson?

- loosing hair! so he needs to "renew" his hair to feel little bit warmer in winter (cool for summer)

- need to keep his sanity low! (you can finally rock some low sanity hats all day)

- can eat only bad stuff - red and rotten

- mushrooms have opposite stats for him

- pigs are aggressive, beefalo not (except red ass), birds/butterflies wont fly away, merms are friends, etc.

- pickaxe for trees, axe for rocks (:D)

These are just from top of my head but there are moooore. With this character we would get totally new game experience!

Archived