Caves Beta - September 18th Update

• Developer

Hey folks, there's a patch if you're on the cavesbeta branch! Time to download updates and restart your servers!

Build number: 150506

Fixes:

• Can shovel a mushtree stump twice
  • Mushtrees spawn spores after they've been chopped
  • Chopped mushtrees accidentally regrowing
  • Minimaps not saving correctly on migrate
  • Items disappearing from inventory during earthquake
  • Crash in pottedfern
  • Master paused when empty when shards are not empty
  • Dozap crash in overworld when lighting strikes

If you missed it, the instructions on how to get into the beta are here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/57890-playing-caves-beta/#entry673404

Please post any feedback and bugs you find here!

• Developer
Chopped mushtrees gregrow without light

THEY GREGROW? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

I always wanted my mushtrees to gregrow without light, this is the best thing ever! :grin:

(jk, this was just a joke please don't ban me JoeW)

It really is one of the best things ever btw I really like it

• Developer

THEY GREGROW? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

I always wanted my mushtrees to gregrow without light, this is the best thing ever! :grin:

(jk, this was just a joke please don't ban me JoeW)

It really is one of the best things ever btw I really like it

I'm super sorry to disappoint you, that was an incorrect sentence; there was a bug that made them come back after they had been chopped. This fix does not make the mushtrees regrow.

HOWEVER

I am going to be putting some kind of replenishing or regrowth in, so these trees will repopulate in the near future, please stay tuned!

• Developer

Hey there, a friend help me to do the final steps, and i got it! but my friends cannot enter to caves

XulgFlj.png+

Any idea? They told me the server gets time out

That's an odd one.. we're looking into it.

@Ipsquiggle

I want to help with testing the server at a larger capacity, whats the best way to raise the server cap?

I tried adjusting the TUNING.MAX_SERVER_SIZE but it didn't seem to do anything.

Change the max_players setting in settings.ini on the master server. :)

• Developer

Hey there, a friend help me to do the final steps, and i got it! but my friends cannot enter to caves

XulgFlj.png+

Any idea? They told me the server gets time out

It sounds like you have port forwarding working for your master server, but not for your caves server. If you're behind a router, you need to have two port forwarding rules, one for your master server (port 10999 by default, unless you have a custom server_port entry in your master's settings.ini file), and one for your slave (whatever server_port you have entered in your cave server's settings.ini file). 

I made 2 dedicated server!

I am now at caves world(2nd dedicated server).

I wanna go back to overwolrd(1st server), but I cannot go back to overworld when whole server is full.

The msg showed me "server is full", and it turned off my game and made me go back to server list screen.

My server has 6 slots, and 1 whitelist slot for me as whitelist.(whole slots are 6 including whitelist slot)

When there are 6 people including me in my server(so, whole server is full), someone of 6 people cannot go back to overworld from caves world.

but, I can go to cavesworld from overworld. "server is full" msg is not showed.

If someone of 6 people leave from server, then I can go back to overworld because server is not full.

Sorry, I forgot to mention. We're looking into it, but it's pretty confusing. Have you restarted both servers (or even the whole machine) and tried again? 

Hi @Ipsquiggle , i've rebooted both server and the machine too, now even the SLAVE server seems to be disconnected...

I've rebooted master, and now the slave is locked on

"Sending slave information to master ... "

SLAVE_settings.ini

SLAVE_log.txt

MASTER_log.txt

MASTER_settings.ini

Hi @Leviand,

it's look like you used same port of your master_port and your server_port in your master_settings.ini

game_mode = endless
server_port = 10999
pause_when_empty = true
pvp = false

[account]
dedicated_lan_server = true

[shard]
shard_enable = true
is_master = true
master_port = 10999
cluster_key = secretkeysaresecret

change your server_port, example server_port = 11000

and try again

I can't get my dedicated server to show up for anyone but me. Am I the only one who has this problem? If anyone has information regarding how to fix this, it would be very appreciated.

Are you talking about the server list in the game?

You should first check if you can see it here: http://dstservers.jacklul.com

I find that list is more accurate than the in-game one.

Hi @Leviand,

it's look like you used same port of your master_port and your server_port in your master_settings.ini

change your server_port, example server_port = 11000

and try again

Hey, thanks for answer:

are you sure about that? If i set server_port = 11000 on my master, but my master_port is set on 10999, the cluster couldn't find the correct path imho...

btw i've tried, nothing has changed...

ps: @Ipsquiggle , i've just found a bug: on this last release, if i start any server (even if hosted with DST client or dedicated), a mac client can't see the game via browse game --> LAN . I'm on windows 10.

Hey, thanks for answer:

are you sure about that? If i set server_port = 11000 on my master, but my master_port is set on 10999, the cluster couldn't find the correct path imho...

btw i've tried, nothing has changed...

@Leviand,

there is just the master_port must be same on both servers, not the rest, as far as I know the master_port enables communication with overworld server and slave server, and server_port must be different because they are two different servers

example, I have three servers online (wilderness, endless, survival) but I have 6 servers on my server dedicated linux for that's manage both the part overworld + cave

you can see example of my setting.ini of one server here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/57890-playing-caves-beta/?p=673961

i hope that's help you

@Leviand,

there is just the master_port must be same on both servers, not the rest, as far as I know the master_port enables communication with overworld server and slave server, and server_port must be different because they are two different servers

example, I have three servers online (wilderness, endless, survival) but I have 6 servers on my server dedicated linux for that's manage both the part overworld + cave

you can see example of my setting.ini of one server here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/57890-playing-caves-beta/?p=673961

i hope that's help you

or maybe you are not on linux? because i have server dedicated linux

No, i'm hosting under windows: is that the problem?

Btw i've tried as suggested by you, and what i got, when i try to enter a closed sinkhole, is 

[00:03:49]: [SHARD] Unregistering portal ID #1	[00:03:49]: [SHARD] Registering portal ID #1	[00:03:49]: Validating 1: status: INACTIVE world: <nil> available: false	

This is the master serve log, on slave i have

[00:00:27]: World '1' is now connected	[00:00:27]: Validating 1: status: ACTIVE world: 1 available: true	[00:00:27]: Validating 2: status: ACTIVE world: 1 available: true	[00:00:27]: Validating 3: status: ACTIVE world: 1 available: true	[00:00:27]: Validating 4: status: ACTIVE world: 1 available: true	[00:00:27]: Validating 5: status: ACTIVE world: 1 available: true	[00:00:27]: Validating 6: status: ACTIVE world: 1 available: true	[00:00:27]: Validating 7: status: ACTIVE world: 1 available: true	[00:00:27]: Validating 8: status: ACTIVE world: 1 available: true	[00:00:27]: Validating 9: status: ACTIVE world: 1 available: true	[00:00:27]: Validating 10: status: ACTIVE world: 1 available: true	

@Leviand,

do you have this in your worldgenoverride.lua:

worldgenoverride.lua of your cave server

Yes, i attach them here: i've that on master too just for huge map and autumn, i've also tried deleting that from master, but nothing changed.

In fact i'm also reading the earthquake warning on slave console, so that's for sure the cave present...

Thanks so much for your time Tonio!

MASTER_worldgenoverride.lua

SLAVE_worldgenoverride.lua

Archived