Dragonfly in melee is impossible for one player

I've defeated a Dragonfly in DST solo.

It's easy if you have 3 football helmets and 3 log suits.

Just remember to tank its physical damage but avoid the ring of fires.

Wait but... How? I used a ton of Battle helmets and log suits, plus I had pig friends with battle helmets... how could you defeat her in DST?! Cause after a while she goes to spit out Lavae and Lavae is what maker her difficult to fight. So, how did you do it if you did it?

Wait but... How? I used a ton of Battle helmets and log suits, plus I had pig friends with battle helmets... how could you defeat her in DST?! Cause after a while she goes to spit out Lavae and Lavae is what maker her difficult to fight. So, how did you do it if you did it?

Maybe you're just not that kind of pro, Xirmix. You're a different kind of pro.

Maybe you're just not that kind of pro, Xirmix. You're a different kind of pro.

When you write, most of the time it's so hard to distinguish whether you're being sarcastic or not. This time, though, I'm gonna take it as sarcasm.

Cause after a while she goes to spit out Lavae and Lavae is what maker her difficult to fight. So, how did you do it if you did it?

I haven't tried it, but most guides say to build stone walls around lava pools so even if they spawn, they can't join the fight.

Does this still work? @Asparagus?

Wall the lava pools before you fight her.  No more Lavae.

I've defeated a Dragonfly in DST solo.

It's easy if you have 3 football helmets and 3 log suits.

Just remember to tank its physical damage but avoid the ring of fires.

This sounds exactly like single player dragonfly. I don't think she even does the ring of fire attack in DST.

If you wall off the lavae it might be possible to do with only 3 sets of armor if you can dodge perfectly.

I haven't tried it, but most guides say to build stone walls around lava pools so even if they spawn, they can't join the fight.   Does this still work? @Asparagus?

the only trouble with her is her lavae interrupting your attacks and overwhelming you... get them out of the equation and you're golden.

She's not that tough (from my experience), just tedious to fight if you are playing solo... ton of health and all that. But do bring some excess armor... I carry about just 2 sets, or if I'm lagging... fill all the inventory slots with football helmets and log suits O__O

Most of the time, I end up battling her for 2 days (because health yo!)... lavae provide a good light source though :3

If you make it so that lavae don't harass you and ruin your rhythm, you'd have no problem with her. So yeah, sealing off the lava pools with walls is ideal...

unless of course you use the sleep glitch O__O then it's easier huehuehue but I think it's illegal O__O or is it O__O

I once tried to seal off a lava pool, but once the dragonfly got there and made a Lavae, the Lavae could still get through. And Dragonfly destroys the walls, plus she spawns right next to one of the pools, so that's a bit tedious. Also ain't nobody got the rocks for it! My world has a limited amount as the meteors have decided to land once a year and only like 2 or 3 of them.

I once tried to seal off a lava pool, but once the dragonfly got there and made a Lavae, the Lavae could still get through. And Dragonfly destroys the walls, plus she spawns right next to one of the pools, so that's a bit tedious. Also ain't nobody got the rocks for it! My world has a limited amount as the meteors have decided to land once a year and only like 2 or 3 of them.

Well, you could say it's an investment...

Well, cooling off lavae and killing them makes them burst into hound fire and rocks... so... there's a good source of rocks... just don't die I guess... O__O 

Have you tried using flingomatics? Set up a patch of flamables (usually trees because they take a while to burn up) and make sure the lavae have to pass through it to get to you. Place a couple ice flingomatics within range of the area (this might be possible with only one, but I don't think it will be able to throw enough snowballs.) When the lavae pass through this set up they will ignite the trees causing the flingomatics to start throwing snowballs, which freeze and disable the lavae.

This may or may not be easier than walls depending on if you have the gears of course. Also it is less reliable as one or two lavae can sneak through the fire-ice-wall. This strat also takes longer as you will most likely have less dps time on the Dragonfly while you wait for the lavae to get frozen. I only tried this strat once and it took me I think 4 days to kill her. I was using Wendy however and my placement could have been better, but needless to say it was really boring.

It's refreshing to see people aren't using "that" method... O__O

Are you referring to flingomatics or my ice-fire bug?

I think the flingomatic strat is silly and tedious, but I don't see it as that different from using walls.

Are you referring to flingomatics or my ice-fire bug?   I think the flingomatic strat is silly and tedious, but I don't see it as that different from using walls.

Nope :3

It's better this way... it would be too much trouble if everyone had an adorable lavae pet O__O

*evil laugh*

But if anyone wants to tell, I won't mind >:3 

I found that walling up Lavae is very useful. I killed the dragonfly in just two days! I had walled off 5/6 pools, so I had to fight some of the Lavae and I used up like 47% of my Scalemail (meaning I have enough for another round... I think I'll just fight dragonflies from here on out. There's nothing else to do other than that), I hadI ike 6 pigs help me out with helmets near the start, I used a hambat and like 25 blow darts (5000 health taken off via darts, so I did most of the damage via mele anyway lol).

One problem though... I thought that lavae would retreat in magma pools after Dragonfly died but... They seem to have slurped on the walls and I can't get rid of them unless I use ice staffs! And boy would that be a lot of ice staffs used... like 2 for each pool, so that's like 10 ice staffs to cool down the battle after my victory. Or I guess I could play roll the dice with tumbleweeds and hope to get some gears for flingomatics to get rid of the lavae...

@RalphKastro so after multiple battles with Dragonfly I'll just have more and more of them spawning in every time? How are they gonna fit there? This needs to be resolved!

Shh, don't worry about such pesky details as entity-flooding cranking up the server's latency, enjoy your little time on this world and let it go away, wandering around the sky just like those free clouds that live so peacefully up there...

Now let yourself transform and emerge to heavens, carefully holding fragile's Dragonfly's hands. And then, let everyone else be just as insane as you are, because dying merely worsens everyone else's sanity, and if you are alone on the server, it shall put an end to the killer itself. Don't worry, little friend. Don't worry.

But yeah, put an ice flingomatic in the center of an area filled up with lava ponds, and approach those little larvas. The flingo will detect your burning soul and it shall quench it, freezing up those tiny buggers till they met their end.

But yeah, put an ice flingomatic in the center of an area filled up with lava ponds, and approach those little larvas. The flingo will detect your burning soul and it shall quench it, freezing up those tiny buggers till they met their end.

This strat isn't all that effective.  First off you have to place pine cones or some other flammable material on the ground for the lavae to burn in order for the flingo to activate.  It will not freeze the Lavae on its own.  Second it takes to long for the lavae to get something to smolder, the flingo to activate and put it out, and the lavae to get frozen to make this beneficial.  The best way to freeze the lavae quick and effectively is using the ice staff.

This strat isn't all that effective.  First off you have to place pine cones or some other flammable material on the ground for the lavae to burn in order for the flingo to activate.  It will not freeze the Lavae on its own.  Second it takes to long for the lavae to get something to smolder, the flingo to activate and put it out, and the lavae to get frozen to make this beneficial.  The best way to freeze the lavae quick and effectively is using the ice staff.

I was thinking about simply soaking up the fire damage by approaching the group of lavae.

The flingo then detects you and launches snowballs, and after a certain amount of hits, the AoE area that the snowballs occupy will simply freeze up the Lavae. It isn't very efficient, I agree, but hey, what's cheap and works... works?

Archived