TUMBLEWEEDS...

Why hasn't the devs like made tumbleweeds drop bunny puffs and light bulbs from tumbleweeds i mean they could make it have a 20% drop rate from tumbleweeds as well, so at least then we could make lanterns and rabbit hutches, by the way i don't see how this could be a bad idea since you can find foliage in tumbleweeds. 

When you think about all the things that could get caught up in a tumbleweed, anything subterranean doesn't enter that list, really.

Except there are foilage and all the other color gems in them (yes even in Together I got a green gem).  SO if some subterranean items are there why not others?

Except there are foilage and all the other color gems in them (yes even in Together I got a green gem).  SO if some subterranean items are there why not others?

While this is true, tumbleweeds only spawn on the surface, so the item pool they should have are, well, only items from surface.

It's a good idea mechanic-wise, but it wouldn't make sense that tumbleweeds would be the only place to find such specifically irrelevant items.

Explain foliage then; does it rain from the sky while you're not nearby and watching? :p

Explain foliage then; does it rain from the sky while you're not nearby and watching? :razz:

What I mean is, for instance, finding bunny puffs in tumbleweeds and nowhere else isn't typical expected game behavior. Why can't bunnies drop them? (which they do, in caves)

I can kinda see the bunny puff as an extremely rare drop, it's just a puff of fur and could easily get caught in the tumbleweed, but honestly, tumbleweeds are incredibly valuable as it is, especially if you find a good piece of terrain that traps them. 

I don't think there needs to be another reason to mass-farm them, as I end up having to do so for gears already when I get crap world gen with no clockworks. Maybe when caves are already in, they can be from tumbleweeds rarely as well. Have caves be the main way to get them, but the tumbleweeds as an insurance against if you just don't generate bunnymen or they're massively far away for some reason. 

Light bulbs, ehh. 

What I mean is, for instance, finding bunny puffs in tumbleweeds and nowhere else isn't typical expected game behavior. Why can't bunnies drop them? (which they do, in caves)

>.< nnngh! Same goes for Foliage, but it is still dropped by tumbleweeds, so you're making the same point as before, and so am I and technically am still winning in the argument.

>.< nnngh! Same goes for Foliage, but it is still dropped by tumbleweeds, so you're making the same point as before, and so am I and technically am still winning in the argument.

Then I don't understand you, which is true about half the time anyway.

Then I don't understand you, which is true about half the time anyway.

What you were saying is that Bunny puffs should not be dropped by tumbleweeds because that would be the only way for the time being to drop Bunny puffs and an illogical one so far which should mean that Bunny puffs should not be dropped by tumbleweeds. Foliage can't be acquired without caves either, but it already is being dropped by tumbleweeds, so, if Foliage is dropped by tumbleweeds, why shouldn't bunny puff?

Foliage is a tumbleweed drop because if it wasn't, it would be a non-renewable resource (meaning no potted fern for ya), just like the gems.

It is a valid argument that it is weird to find underground loot from a tumbleweed that only spawns overworld (unless that loot would be non-renewable otherwise).

It would also make sense to add bunny puff and lightbulbs as loot from tumbleweed, since they aren't obtainable as of yet. Not in the long run tho, cause caves will be added at some point.

Foliage is a tumbleweed drop because if it wasn't, it would be a non-renewable resource (meaning no potted fern for ya), just like the gems.

It is a valid argument that it is weird to find underground loot from a tumbleweed that only spawns overworld (unless that loot would be non-renewable otherwise).

It would also make sense to add bunny puff and lightbulbs as loot from tumbleweed, since they aren't obtainable as of yet. Not in the long run tho, cause caves will be added at some point.

K den, I see your point. I guess your point outranks mine!

Yet you require a piece of a broken Slurtle Shell, which requires you to head down into the caves. 

"It would also make sense to add bunny puff and lightbulbs as loot from tumbleweed, since they aren't obtainable as of yet. Not in the long run tho, cause caves will be added at some point."

So, while at this subject, what was your best and worst find in a tumbleweed?

My best has to be not one but.. TWO gears. :grin: And my worst was a damn frog lol

if wasn't playing with Webber then a spider is next after the frog. Oh, forgot about a mosquito. :)

Archived