Reign of Giants Public Test: March 19th Update

Okay, so I finally managed some time to play, and as far as I can see, there's some serious performance issues. My computer, which usually plays at around 20fps, couldn't handle joining an empty server mid spring, and it's hardly above 1fps. Will test it out to check if it's the rain's fault or something else.

Played again tonight and noticed a couple of things. Three of us started playing a few hours ago again so I will try to relay what happened to the three of us. So we should have hit the fixes that were implemented.

1. We noticed that the twigs, grass, and berry bush issue with rain was less significant. It seemed like for a fair distance around our base, everything was fine during and after rain. But once we went further away, the issue cropped up again. For one person, she was able to find grass further away without any issue but all the twigs and berries were still gone, instead of all three being an issue. I went a few biomes away and everything was picked, including grass.
  2. We were getting a surprising amount of dishes either coming out as rot or turning instantly to rot inside the crockpots. It was about 1 in 4 dishes, if not 1 in 3, we cooked while using fresh ingredients. This was not an issue when we played two days ago, it only happened once total in about four hours of playing that night, but it was just excessive tonight. We're quickly approaching Winter and pretty much stopped using our crops in recipes because so much was going to waste. At least we have a never-ending supply of frogs and rabbits on either side of our camp as well as 5 bee boxes...
  3. Still having the issue of players (but not the host) not seeing hollow stumps but able to see the catcoons at least.
  4. A small one that I forgot to mention two days ago. We were at our base while it was raining and lightning struck our lightning rod. My friend had the ice box door open but when the lightning struck it shut the door and closed the ice box inventory for her. We were more amused than anything, but it was curious. I don't think this is something that happens, even rarely, but if it is let me know.

One player had a crash happen, but she went to bed shortly after rejoining for a bit. So unfortunately I, and my other friend, do not know exactly what she was doing when it happened. All we know is that she was at our base while we were both away. I'll see if she got a screencap or can tell me what exactly she was doing when it happened. If so I'll bring the info back.

Happy to see that the lureplant spawn rate was reduced. Of course, the spoils from the ridiculous number we encountered last time made excellent ice flingomatic fuel throughout summer.

On the bug of 2 me and a friend found that its how far the cooker goes away from the pot. Everytime I started a dish and moved the pot off screen it rotted.

Not sure if this is a bug or just an oddity:

I was watching the server console when someone spawned in.  What I saw was "Received request to spawn as wathgrithr from frostings".

I checked, and frostings is playing Wigfrid.  I'm guessing it's not a bug, but it did seem odd that the debug for wigrid would be wathgrithr, so I figured I'd mention it here.  (just in case it was a bug of some sort)

Got crash when opening certain tumbleweed,Image as follow:attachicon.gifcrash.png    

I don‘t know if it corresponds with  the MODs  I enabled.

And,Can you just make a option for game host to decide whether to get The Old Bell makeable?  Without it ,there is less fun   T _ T!!!  Due to its destructive power, it's very usefull~~

Disable your mods then

• Crafting menu has been altered to be more dynamic, so scroll arrows only show when needed. Mouse wheel also works on it!

Thank you so much! This feature is something I was looking forward to! However, I noticed that scrolling using the mouse wheel OR using the buttons causes some frame skipping/problems on my side. Nothing game breaking, but enough to be slightly annoying. Anyone else have this problem? Keep up the good work!

Hello I'm french guy sorry for my bad english...First of all Thanks for this famous game.

I play with a friend in survival mode.

We have bugs last sessions, if it can help !!

The first in my inventory when I would like to give seed to bird

post-620134-0-93818600-1426873983_thumb.

The second when we using workshop mod french translation (not your problem i suppose)

post-620134-0-96199500-1426874908_thumb.

The third when the walrus house was too much near the water, they ran on the water (no crash no script sorry)post-620134-0-30462300-1426874917_thumb.

The fourth when i put my backpack near fire, he burn, i take it I run and I lose health

post-620134-0-05916800-1426874929_thumb.

The fifth when i would like to sleep

post-620134-0-45014900-1426875010_thumb.

I can't decide whether this is a bug or not but I'll report it anyway. Currently in DST:RoG you can't rotate the camera in any direction while your cursor is on the crafting list with an opened crafting tab. Checked other versions of Don't Starve too (namely DS:Vanilla, DS:RoG and DST:Vanilla) all three versions can rotate camera orientations even if the cursor is on the crafting list with a crafting tab open.

Can anyone confirm my findings? Let me know. Thanks, cheers.

2) Attempted to use rot on a berry bush needing fertilisation. Says "not enough poop" and stays needing fertiliser. Consumes rot, cannot use other rot on bush, nor can I use poop on the bush. It is now stuck unfertilised, apparently.

Edit: to clarify, I no longer get the option/action over the bush. It might as well be a tree, for I cannot drop the poop there, nor can I use it on the bush.

Oh I forgot to mention the fertilizer issue last night. Same thing happened to us with some of our bushes. Luckily we have quite a few but a bit worrisome.

On the bug of 2 me and a friend found that its how far the cooker goes away from the pot. Everytime I started a dish and moved the pot off screen it rotted.

Makes sense, considering the other issues with going off-screen from some things. We'll have to keep that in mind when cooking things. But it was happening even when I stayed on screen, I believe. Though not as often I imagine.

• Developer

@tahitibob Thanks for the reports! We've actually already fixed most of these, please update to the latest version by right-clicking on Don't Starve Together in steam, Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. (If you are using the French version of steam, I don't know what these options would be called, sorry.)

Let us know if you find anything else. :-)

@Zillvr Yep, this is a new problem. Thanks for reporting. :-)

Attempted to use rot on a berry bush needing fertilisation. Says "not enough poop" and stays needing fertilizer. Consumes rot, cannot use other rot on bush, nor can I use poop on the bush. It is now stuck unfertilized, apparently.

having the same issue, had to dig up plant and re-fertilize only with poop 

@RalphKastro,   Could you grab a profile when this happens? (In the console type TheSim:Profile() and upload the profile.json in your Klei documents directory. Also curious about your specs if it normally runs around 20fps. 
well, after some more testing, I found out that it wasn't really my computer, but the server I was connecting to. I managed to play very decently both hosting my own servers and on other dedicated servers and it worked just fine, but when I tried to connect to that same server again, DST just kinda froze/had one frame per 10 seconds, so I'm guessing that's a problem with that one server. Sorry for the trouble.

Bug: If you try to cook something over a fire but place the item into your backpack while the character is making the cooking animation it won't cook the item.  Instead the character says "I cannot do that."  However, if you place the item you want to cook into your natural inventory it will cook just fine.

I only tested this with Wigfrid, tested with both Meat and berries.

Hi all,

i have still this crash on my server dedicated:

[string "scripts/components/perishable.lua"]:220: bad argument #2 to 'SetPosition' (number expected, got nil)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
=[C]:-1 in (method) SetPosition © <-1--1>
scripts/components/perishable.lua:220 in (method) Perish (Lua) <193-224>
   self =
      onperishreplacement = spoiled_food
      inst = 115594 - meatballs (valid:false)
      frozenfiremult = false
      _ = table: 0x167e7128
   goop = 115598 - spoiled_food (valid:true)
   owner = nil
   holder = nil
   x = nil
   y = nil
   z = nil
scripts/components/perishable.lua:105 in (field) fn (Lua) <40-108>
   inst = 115594 - meatballs (valid:false)
   dt = 10.101472849943
   modifier = 1.5
   owner = nil
   old_val = -31.699780247197
   delta = 10.101472849943
scripts/scheduler.lua:187 in (method) OnTick (Lua) <161-217>
   self =
      running = table: 0x93992f0
      waitingfortick = table: 0x9399318
      tasks = table: 0x9d0a870
      waking = table: 0x152c03b0
      attime = table: 0x9399340
      hibernating = table: 0x93993e0
   tick = 82772
   k = PERIODIC 115594: 10.101473
   v = true
   already_dead = nil
scripts/scheduler.lua:398 in (global) RunScheduler (Lua) <396-404>
   tick = 82772
scripts/update.lua:162 in () ? (Lua) <146-213>
   dt = 0.033333335071802
   tick = 82772
   i = 82772

SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen    
QueryServerComplete no callback

it's because i use mod global player icons on my server?

thx for your help

@ToNiO55, No, looks like it was the food-perishing-on-crockpot crash. Is the dedicated server on revision 130707 or 130927? It was supposed to be fixed in the first one.

Edit: Actually, it's not the crockpot crash, as the perishable component shouldn't actually be used in stewers. It's crashing when meatballs that don't seem to have an owner are spoiling, but the meatballs also don't have a position, and are not valid. How does that happen?? o_O

While investigating it, I noticed that the Stewer component is defining Stewer:StopCooking(...) twice.

Edit2: So it has to come from the perishable's updatetask. I tried doing various things to reproduce it, but could not. I had one idea left, though-- maybe it happens if a player leaves with an item that's just about to spoil?

• Developer

@rezecib

Just FYI.

You can also tell that the meatballs don't exist anymore (c-side) since it says valid:false. So a perish is called (probably as a periodic) but the item has already been removed. Lua thinks it still exists (it keeps it live since the callback has a reference to it).

Archived