[Custom Server] The giant (playable) vs Hunters (players)

post-210882-0-12070000-1423994603_thumb.

Hello,

I've an idea for a new Custom server (as Peter's The Hunt Game mode) and/or Mods inspired of Evolve game. Here's the project :

On this server two teams facing to survive : the giant (Deerclops) played by one player vs the Hunters (others players). If the hunters manage to kill the giant they win the game nor if they all die, the giant win.

To do list

• Make Deerclops playable as a new character.
  • Add a script that prevented from playing the same character.
  • Add a script that reset the map when a team has win.

• Optionnal :
  1. create/generate a custom map.
  2. Make others giants playable.

I'm looking for help for coding so if you're interested you can post here.

I've a dedicated server so we can create a brand new custom server ! :grin:

MAJ  #1 (21/02/15)

I'm playing Deerclops character ! It's possible !

Love it!

Questions:

1. Will hunger and sanity still be a factor?
  2. Also, why not add the other Giants? (I guess the Dragonfly is kinda OP for this though)
  3. Tech tiers? Smash-able objects? (Like if you build a science machine, the giant can destroy it? Awesome!)
  4. So if we make the giant a playable character, will it have hunger and sanity too?
  5. And what does it eat? Will it be able to eat berries and stuff, or full on meat?
  6. Will we have guns for this? (Meh... but...)
  7. Alright, I guess the giant can have the same attack cool down as the regular version?

I want to know

O___O

Neat, all we need is a Don't Starve Together hunger games. Which I believe, that it would function better than other games attempts of this (Games that have very little aspects of envirement in their hunger games so they are basicly a death match).

But don't starve is already a hunger game.

You all have brought this upon yourselves. On a similar note, how would a team of players versus a roaming pack of hound players pan out?

But with the same health?

Hmm... I guess It'll depend on number of hounds, lag/ping, and ability...

Pretty good actually... but their defenses should be... more... or at least get more health...

O___O

*gasp

Do these creatures have some craftables? Like a Hound Mound for Hounds? (Where they could respawn? Finding this thing and destroying it will ensure the player's victory!)

Also maybe an anti-troll mechanism for this... give the monsters limitations and such... the trolling potential is high in this one...

What if at the beginning the giant were very small (same size as a player character) and vulnerable. But when he eats he will get bigger and bigger until he reaches the true giant form.

This will get some time for players to setup the camp or they can just try to find the giant until he grows.

But when he eats he will get bigger and bigger until he reaches the true giant form.
 This makes me kind of want to write this mode just because of how hilarious that would look. I've made tiny pet deerclops before, they're pretty great.

True, but I ment like how other games make a "mini game" that is based off of the book "The Hunger Games"

(Sorry if that was one of those "Joke posts" that give people laughs, I wasn't sure).

(it was)

To be totally honest, while some people think it's fun, hunger games/minigames ruin a game. It morphs it into some hodge-podge that hs been done billions of times before. Give it a rest and just go back to minecraft or whatever.

(it was)

To be totally honest, while some people think it's fun, hunger games/minigames ruin a game. It morphs it into some hodge-podge that hs been done billions of times before. Give it a rest and just go back to minecraft or whatever.

I see you're point, before this gets out of hand lets just drop it (I hate Minecraft minigames , I prefer playing with buds on survival).

Love it!

Questions:

1. Will hunger and sanity still be a factor?
  2. Also, why not add the other Giants? (I guess the Dragonfly is kinda OP for this though)
  3. Tech tiers? Smash-able objects? (Like if you build a science machine, the giant can destroy it? Awesome!)
  4. So if we make the giant a playable character, will it have hunger and sanity too?
  5. And what does it eat? Will it be able to eat berries and stuff, or full on meat?
  6. Will we have guns for this? (Meh... but...)
  7. Alright, I guess the giant can have the same attack cool down as the regular version?

I want to know

O___O

1.  There is no diffence to the player characters (yet).

2. Currently trying to have more than one mod that makes a monster playable breaks the game.  May be fixed in the future.

3. Deerclops functions as he does in DST, so he will wreck everything.  (It functions as a warning and you can track him via the path of broken trees.

4. The giant has sanity and hunger disabled, it appears on his HUD, but serves no purpose.

5. There are no animations for Deerclops eating things, so currently he does not needs to consume.

6. It would seem to break the immersion, wouldn't it?

7. The Player Deerclop's attack is exactly identical to the NPC's attack.

Archived