The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

The robot makes a ton of clanking and rattling and eventually a cup of tea shoots out of him and next to Jakob. "Tea complete." the robot stands strangely motionless, no idle animations were programmed, so he awkwardly stood there waiting for his next command. Still playing the ragtime music, steam spewing out of him. 

"Agreed."

The sky was beginning to turn orange as the sun dipped lower in the sky, the colors of the leaves blending perfectly to the sky.

Turner brought Jakob upstairs, the mansion wasn't as extravagant on the inside as it appeared on the outside. The plain light blue walls, tiled floor, and wooden ceiling felt bland. They approached a room that served as an office, and Turner stood in the corner of the room. "Sir Papanak, you have a visitor by the title of Jakob Battal. His hands are in distress."

A bottle on the desk made a popping noise and this thing pops out.

6932585c391d92d06c3557ea7b078e7e.jpg

"Ah yes, your hands are in a bit of trouble I see. Maybe you should stop sticking them in fires, that is the best course of action. Maybe put them in water or something. My name is Sir Papanak, ruler of this town. Bow down to me plebeian. Aha, I was merely practical joking. How are you today? I'm good, I'm an ant after all." The creature kept talking and talking with an annoyingly smug voice. Eventually, Turner extended a blade from his arm and cut it in half.

"You are a witness, can you prove my acts justifiable?" 

(Waitaminute... the robot is named Turner... CloakofCrow's Steam name is Mr. Turner...

Crow = robot confirmed) 

Now done with her meal, Shana yawns, stretches, and rubs her eyes. She takes off her cloak and sets it down on the side table next to the empty plate before before crawling under the quilt on the bed, which apparently had a second, fluffy blanket underneath and a small soft pillow that she wrapped her arms around. 

It wasn't long before she was comfortable under the warm embrace of the blankets and her thoughts drifted. She was quite curious about what would happen tomorrow, the day she would meet and be inspected by Disparel, the person who apparently knew so much about her. He didn't sound like a very nice person, if he was a person in the first place. With everything that's happened today he could be a vampire. Or a giant. Or a giant vampire. She shook her head. It was impolite of her to judge someone just based on their name. He was trying to help her after all. She smiled a little at the thought of coming home for her parents to see the perfect her. Maybe they'd smile too. And with that though she drifted into sleep.

(I'm not going to give her a nightmare tonight. I have an idea for one, but it's more of a character development thing and I want to save all my idea's for when I have to use them. Unlike Percival, I don't have an endless stream of creativity to pump stories out of.)

It takes Jakob a moment to decipher what just happened; which is understandable.  "I can't really preside over an execution if I don't know who the condemned is..."  He says, staring at the two halves of insect.

"Processing question... Searching definition of condemned... The insect came in after everyone left and activated me, thus why I'm here. He has been giving me ridiculous tasks ever since. A tyrant is who he is... I just needed a witness to justify the act, otherwise I would be deactivated." Turner doesn't realize that there was nobody to put him in jail, he was completely safe to murder the insect at any time.

(He was confused so I wrote everything at once to push that confusion unto you! #CrappyLiteraryElements)

The robot stood still again, staring at Jakob, waiting for more commands.

Edited by CloakofCrow

"Um..."  Jacob says.  "Well, as long as I have a giant automaton minion, I suppose I'll make use of it.  Guard the house."

He unsheathes his broadsword and leans it in a corner, then sets his leather pack next to it.

"Well, first we'd ought to gather some wood. Then..." Holly paused, reaching into her dress pocket, and pulled out a box of matches. "Oh! How convenient!" She said, though she had no idea how she got them.

"Alright, lets go find some sticks."

Ethel slide off of the log and onto a nearby straw mat he had laid down. Looking up, Ethel could see the stars and the moon. It was odd, though. None of the constellations he had memorized were in the sky.

"I guess I should go to sleep soon. I can't be up too late if I'm going to search some more tomorrow."

With a yawn, Ethel slowly closed his eyes, as the soft crackling of the fire lulled him to sleep...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethel opened his eyes to see nothing. Absolute darkness. He heard a low, echoing voice close to him. It spoke in an annoyed tone.

"Greetings Ethel, I'm sure you've done everything the way I've asked?"          

Ethel does not respond, he simply looks down to the ground.

"You do realize you may as well be staring straight into my eyes."

I... I couldn't do it. I've failed you, Kalus.

"The fact you couldn't complete such a simple task with all this power I have given you embarrasses me Ethel..."

"I know... I just couldn't do it. I won't fail you again, I swear it. Just give me another chance!

The darkness halts for a moment, teasing Ethel's emotions. "I shall give you one last chance. Do not dare fail me again human, the tome was given to you for a reason. Utilize it the way it was meant to be utilized!"

"I won't fail you again, Kalus! I swear it!"

Ethel felt his body run off, but he was not in control. Finally, a little bit of light came into view. Ethel's body lifted the tome, and read from it. There was a blinding flash of orange light, but everything faded to black afterword.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Will

"Yes, these pockets on my suit are full of them. I have C4, granades and gunpowder."

(Ok, I've tried colouring Bonnie, so that you can have an idea of how she looks like.

But, choosing the right colour isn't easy... This is what I decided at the end:

post-467982-0-80255900-1423259810_thumb.

Yet...meh. I was also thinking of a full green slime girl like design...so I don't knooow? :I )

(EDIT: I find this colouring better. What do you think? (sorry I had to take a photo and upload it from mobile because of reasons)

post-467982-0-37313900-1423260690_thumb.

)

Edited by Halved

Holly stared at the girl in disbelief.

"Well... Okay... Just... be careful... with them..." Holly said, before throwing the lit match into the sticks, starting a bustling fire.

Suddenly, A loud explosion was heard as a large bear with a ranger hat landed from the sky on the fire, extinguishing it. He then turned to the two girls and tipped his hat. "Only you can prevent Wildfires..." Said Smokey Bear.