Sign in to follow this  
CloakofCrow

The Orchestra

Recommended Posts

CloakofCrow    94

The trail leads everywhere. Every path something could have traveled. It went to every room, making no strange turns anywhere. They just looped all around the structure and back outside, where the path could be followed further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Halved    305

Bonnie walks closer and throws a suspicious glare at Hollie.

"You can just WHAT."

Edited by Halved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rosten    916

The distance between Opal and whatever was the source of the smoke hadn't been particularly huge, and within about 15 minutes of walking,  she could see through the trees a small fire with a boy that looked about 19 sitting atop a log next to it with his back to her. Excited to see another person here, but wary of the potential danger of the situation, she sped up, although taking a more roundabout approach to the boy, remaining as quiet as she could and darting behind a tree every now and then until she was within a few feet of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Halved    305

(Ok I have a question: is Shana on the Chaos side now?

Also is there alchohol in the village?

And how can it be already night if we wake up a few pages ago?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blewcheese    886

(Damnit, Battal, I literally just said that. You can't just do that, okay? Jeez.)

 

Wunan returned the gaze to the amphibian, examining it carefully, before deciding to smash it like he did to the other frog moments ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CloakofCrow    94

(This is obviously a distraction so Wunan wouldn't investigate further)
The frog lie broken on the ground, it's hopes and dreams shattered along with its skull. Ten tadpoles emerges from the water and surrounded the dead beast. They appeared to cry as they nuzzled their fathers corpse. Why did Wunan do this? Did he enjoy the sight of crying children? Was he reenacting a scene from his childhood? What could possibly bring a man to squash a family before the eyes of children.

It was at that moment the tadpoles vowed revenge on their parents death. They would grow strong and powerful, big enough to smack the face off a man of Wunans stature. They would avenge the innocent frogs death, even if they had to kill their own brothers for it.

(You monster)

Edited by CloakofCrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blewcheese    886

(Sorry not sorry)

 

Wunan chuckled as the frog went flying, and decided that he wouldn't be able to replicate what happened with the pool. As he stood, he saw the tadpoles by the corpse of the frog he had just smashed. He watched them with minute interest for a moment, then shrugged as he walked back into the forest, searching for something else of interest.

 

As he noticed night began to fall, he frowned. He wasn't in the mood for a dark, cold night, so a fire would be useful. Using his staff, he smashed branches off trees, collected some nearby grass, and stumbled across some flint. He shrunk his staff to a very small size, and carefully placed it inside his ear as he had done so many times before. He created an axe out of the sticks and flint, and frowned as he was unused to wielding something that wasn't his staff. He shook his head gently and began chopping trees.

 

(The ear staff thing isn't supposed to be goofy. It's what the monkey king did, okay? Jeez.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quiet    190

Jakob follows the winding trail outside, where darkness is beginning to fall.  He holds out his hand in front of him, clenches it into a fist, then opens his palm.  Like a swarm of fireflies, the lights from a dozen or so candles zip off their respective holders and congeal over his hand, creating a sizable ball of flame.  Using the light this emits, he explores further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MenaAthena    10302

(Dispair + Peril = Disparel!)

(Well isn't that just downright cheerful!) 

 

Shana managed a small smile and waved as Vennyle left, a bit saddened at the only person she knew here leaving. Looking around the room the first thing that drew her attention was the bed. It was a somewhat small bed with a large, very warm and comfy looking light blue quilt with an equally comfy light green pillow. Light blue and green seemed to be the main color scheme of the room with a few pops of soft pink here and there, making it somewhat reminiscent of a meadow. The only pieces of furniture other than the bed were the soft rug on the floor and the natural wood side table. The room gave a rather calm and cozy over all, relaxing the stressed girl.

Remembering a mention of food and the fact she hadn't eaten all day, Shana looked to the side table again to see a plate of pierogi and a muffin. (I'm assuming that she would be getting Don't Starve food) She sat down on the bed and neatly started eating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CloakofCrow    94

The trail was similar to the inside. Now that Jakob was looking, the trail led through the entire village, through every house, through every alleyway, everything. It seemed to be the only sign of any sentient life. After a long while of following the path, Battal approaches an iron fenced mansion. From outside the fence, the mansion looked out of place, not following the medieval style of the rest of the buildings. It looked more well-kept, as if whatever has been keeping the town all nice and tidy visited here often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quiet    190

Jakob looks up at the mansion.  "Well, that's ominous."  He says, noting the iron fence.  He walks up to the front door and pounds on it; then takes a couple steps back, readying his sword and fireball in case whatever comes out isn't friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CloakofCrow    94

He hears a release of steam from inside the house and some clanking heading for the door. It opens and Jakob is greeted by a robot.

 

 Name: T.U.R.N.E.R

 

Gender: N/A

Age: N/A

Race: Robot

 

Backstory:

Turner was built to serve. He was the personal servant for the person who built him. Turner was used to entertain, serve, and protect guests at his owner’s mansion. After the apocalypse, Turner protected his owner until he died. Turner now lies dormant until someone or something interacts with him. He is powered through shutting down and recharging through heat energy.

Abilities/Disabilities:

Turner is practically a big tool. He has various tools and weapons built into his arms, a radio installed, and many memory devices within him. He can tell you practically any information you need and store any information you need. Here’s a list of uses: storage system, memory circuit, personality drives, various tools and weapons, radio, and other stuff.

With the many functions Turner has, he also has some dysfunctions. He’s heavy, so he sinks in water. He’s slow, so it takes him longer than usual to get places. His program is still set to his previous owner, so technical words and commands may be hard to understand. He’s loud, so forget stealth around him. And on top of all that, he has some faulty wiring, so he may unexpectedly do something stupid or shut down without warning. He is weak to extended periods of time in water, electricity, and his faulty wiring.

Appearance:

(Think of a Dwemer Centurion from Skyrim, but smaller)

Standing around 7 feet tall and weighing 600 pounds, Turner is not something you want to mess with. He is clanky, and has a constant exhaust spewing from his shoulder vents.

 

"Analyzing... Human life form detected... Fire detected... Weapon detected... Potential hostile, please sheath your weapon or face consequences." At that, the robot opens a vent and sucks in the fire Jakob was holding. It appeared to give it energy as its inner core glowed.

 

 

Edited by CloakofCrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quiet    190

Jakob shrugs, and sheathes his broadsword.  He is a bit dismayed at the loss of his flames, but otherwise has no quarrel with the machine.  That, and fighting something of that size and composition with only candles and a sword to work off of was not on his daily bucket list.

 

"There.  I'm not here to fight, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on here."  He says, holding up his empty hands.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quiet    190

Jakob shrugs.  "I suppose I am, and I suppose they are."  He replies, glancing down at his skeletal fingers.  "Can you take me to them?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wxps350    277

"I... I can..." Holly began, looking for a distraction to change the topic. Luckily, she noticed the setting sun and pointed to it.

"Look! The suns setting, I think we'd ought to start a fire before it gets dark... Okay?"

Edited by wxps350

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CloakofCrow    94

"Agreed." The robot turned around and started walking at a slow pace, slightly scratching the floor with each step. Some real old music started playing from it's radio. "I am identified as Turner, what do you call yourself human?"

Edited by CloakofCrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quiet    190

"Jakob Battal."  He says, looking down at the scratch marks and making the connection.  "So...you tend to the village?  Where is everyone?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CloakofCrow    94

It pauses for a moment to process the information, "I take care of everything until everyone comes back, I was shut down for awhile and when I woke up everyone was gone. Now I tend the village, the last order my creator gave me before I was shut down." The robot speaks in a solemn tone, "Would you like some tea?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this