The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

Opal sits on the invisible edge of a darkened world. Her left arm has been torn off, leaving... nothing; No blood, no gore, nothing. It's just... gone.
The darkness was absolute, broken only by the small aura of light that shimmered around Opal. A light voice whispered three words into her ear. "Time to go."
She stood up without a word, turned around, and began walking; unafraid of the inky black darkness that perpetrated the space around her. As she walked, the darkness slowly receded, the world coming into focus. A town was drawn out of the empty plane left by the depleting shadows; it looked as if it were being taken straight out of a sketchbook.
Opal barely noticed the absence of her left arm as a strange, but familiar place grew out of the emptiness. The town had an eerie feel to it; the place seemed completely barren, no-one was there, yet there were signs of life everywhere. Cars sitting at an old, derelict gas station, windows were half-opened to reveal rooms where it looked as if everyone had just up and left, doors weren't closed, televisions left on, empty bowls left on the tables. All scattered remains of life left in these gloomy houses. She continued to walk, she eventually came upon a row of houses, all of them were pristine, white picket-fences and brand new paint-jobs. Completely identical. Completely identical, that is. But one. Opal stood at the door to this house. This old, huge, musty house in such a huge contrast to the rest of the "perfect" buildings. This was her house, her home. She opened the door and begun walking, as if through a pre-destined path, through the darkened rooms, the cold hallways, the shadowy staircases; Until finally she arrived at her destination. Her room. She grabbed the cold, brass doorknob and flung it open.
There he was. The only person she had seen since she appeared in this mysterious place. Standing atop her dead sisters body, several stab wounds inflicted onto her. She could muster only one, dazed, saddened word. "Why", before the man attacked her, slicing at her left arm; and even with her arm gone, she still felt the awful pain, almost unbearable. Last time she passed out;
But not this time, she lunged at the man with a feral look in her eyes. She intended to kill him for what he had done. But just before she would reach the man, a pillar of darkness erupted out of the ground. Bringing with it a deluge of shadow-hands that grabbed at Opal, pulling her back from her killer, and intended victim. She struggled against their pull for a moment, but the ever growing number of them overwhelmed her, and she was pulled into the darkness.

Then darkness. Nothing. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't move, she couldn't see. Suffocating in this oxygen void place full of nothing but shadows. She could feel something had replaced her left arm, as if another conscious being had taken residence of her body. Moments before she passed out from lack of oxygen, a solitary voice cut through all of her other thoughts with a single word. "Sleep."

(Holy crap that was longer than I thought it'd be)

Edited by Blazingice26

(Cool)

The city was quiet. The white-coloured streets were empty, no one around. Just snow and closed doors, separating happy families from the cold.

A little girl was sitting next to her father in a rather fancy living room, lighted by a small fireplace. The latter was holding a book, the former a teddy bear. Ah...what a nice scene, what a nice memory to save in your mind: being in a warm place, near someone who loves you, in peace, safe from the dangerous outside world.

...All lost on that spoiled little brat there. That girl had everything a child would ever need.

And she instead was freezing outside of her window.

Bonnie hated her, even without knowing her. She didn't know anyone in this town, yet she hated everyone.

Yet...she couldn't stop looking at this kind of family situations, watching the warm fireplaces from the cold window glass.

And today was even colder...

Suddenly, the teddy bear girl turned her head and met Bonnie's glare.

"I hope that puppet catches fire and burns your house down", she says in a whisper, just before detaching her old patched up gloves from the glass. A last glare at the girl, then she walked away with a big frown, hands in her pockets, fumbling on the snow.

She kept walking, and walking.

It was so cold...

Where was her even going?

After a while, she found herself in the middle of nowhere. It was all so white...

And...cold...

"...I...can't walk anymore..."

At least the ground was soft.

Her stomach grumbled. She was hungry.

Luckily, a chocolate bar she previously had stolen from a shop was there to help.

...or at least so she thought, as her pockets were empty.

"Great. Now what."

As she standed up to head to a place she could find food in, she immediately falls back on the snow.

It was cold...too much cold. Her legs started showing signs of freezing, and pain and agony filled the little girl's mind.

Suddenly everything got blurry and her sight got dim. She coughed, and drops of blood stained the pure, perfectly white snow.

<What is happening?! Why...why...>

She could feel her limbs burning...but not as much on the outside than in the inside.

"You will be ok", a voice whispered in her ear.

"You will live."

But she was not fine. She could feel something crawling under her skin, her blood was as hot as lava and was burning her bones, her eyes were blindfolded and she couldn't move.

<It hurts! It hurts! I don't want to live, I want this to end! It hurts! IT HURTS SO MUCH!>

All ended with a "snap" sound.

Her mind got filled by worms.

A girl no more: she was now nothing more than a weapon.

=============>

Finally awake, Bonnie looks up at the sky. A warm sunlight was shining on her.

So...why was she feeling cold?

You guys can begin, Quiet is experiencing writers block apparently.

You are separated, waking up somewhere in the "islands". Leaves scatter across the ground as the cool fall winds pick up. After experiencing nightmares, you are unsettled and cautious. Start however you wish.

You are now the strange looking girl.

Your name is Bonnie...you don't know if you had a surname though, never knew and never will.

Just as you are laying down on the ground admiring the blue sky, a leaf falls on your face.

"I will burn your tree down", you whisper. And then proceed with eating the leaf...just to spit it on the ground a few chewings after.

God, why would you even do that?

You finally decide to stand up. But before that...

"Hey dork, are you ok?"

You pat a thing on your head that looks suspiciously like a totally normal crown...with eyes and a mouth though.

The thing moans.

"Good! Do you have any idea where we are?"

The crown does not answer.

"Oww that's bad. Where the fcuk are we now?!"

After a few moments, the horrible dream ended. Holly awoke with a gasp, yet was relieved to realize the awful experience was merely a nightmare. However, she noticed the area surrounding her was completely different from where she was when she passed out. For one, it wasn't even a room. Second, she didn't recognize any of the surrounding fauna. She felt something beneath her, and reached under and pulled up the Vitanomicon. She couldn't think straight. Where was she? How did she get here? How far is she from home? She thought it'd be better to get up and look around, instead of just sitting in one place, letting the questions fester.

(However far you want to be. Just merge with each other eventually, I don't care how long it takes. There can even be separate groups if that isn't a problem. After all, we have enough people to do that.)

Edited by CloakofCrow

(Eh. We'll run into who we run into. I'm not picking and choosing.)

Shana awoke with a gasp and wrapped her arms around her midsection, feelings from the nightmare still flashing in her mind. Slowly, the mental haze of sleep faded to ground her back in reality. She became aware of the cool fall wind chilling her skin, the grass tickling her cheeks, and the blue sky she was seeing above her. The blue sky... she was seeing the blue sky! The once blind girl lay there awe struck until pearls of laughter forced their way past her lips. She quickly clamped a hand over her mouth and took deep breaths. She had to get a hold of herself; even though her sight was back she definitely wasn't in the hospital any more, and she was pretty sure these weren't the clothes she was waearing before. That last thought was one she didn't want to dwell on too long. Slowly sitting up, Shana looked at her surroundings. There were a couple ponds nearby; the closest thing to a mirror in the vicinity. She found herself curious of how she looked now. After all, she couldn't see how her face had healed after the accident. Maybe she had a few scars now.

"Ahah! P-E-R-F-E-C-T!"

Even if destroying was way more fun, creating was not bad either. And who would have ever guessed that just some rocks logs and a single golden nugget could be used for something so cool? It has to be useful in some way...but how?

Well, you will find out eventually.

For now, Bonnie preferes to waste time by admiring that wheel that keeps spinning...and spinning...on that wonderful Robot.

=It's a science machine, Bonnie=

"No, it's a Robot, Boo!" ["THAT'S HIS NAME!" *wink*]

=Nooo it's not!=

"What the hell does a Science Machine even do?"

=I don't knoww :(=

"Do I need to make more builders blow up?"

=No, don't waaste that gunpowwder, you are going to neeed it!=

"What should I do then?!"

=You could make toools I guess=

"Using what?!"

=Do you see that shiny rock over there?=

Bonnie turns her head, and a shiny piece of flint shows up.

So.

Shiny.

"YEAH!"

=It's flint, a useful material you can use to maake sharp toolss=

Collected the flint and a few twigs, Bonnie tries to make a spear, unsuccesfully.

"I need something to bond them together somehow...like a rope..."

Luckily, a few grass plants were standing near her. Taken that, she approaces her Science Machine ["What the hell does that even mean?!"].

"Ok, now wha-aaaaaaat?!"

Somehow, a picture of what she needed appeared in her mind: a rope!

"Fcuk this thing is so fcuking cool!"

After crafting the rope, making a spear was not that difficult.

And how many other things she realised she could make!

"So.

COOOOOL!"

Laughing and swinging her spear in air, she runs away in a random direction.

"ADVENTUUUURE!"

"Ahah! P-E-R-F-E-C-T!"

Even if destroying was way more fun, creating was not bad either. And who would have ever guessed that just some rocks logs and a single golden nugget could be used for something so cool? It has to be useful in some way...but how?

Well, you will find out eventually.

For now, Bonnie preferes to waste time by admiring that wheel that keeps spinning...and spinning...on that wonderful Robot.

=It's a science machine, Bonnie=

"No, it's a Robot, Boo!" ["THAT'S HIS NAME!" *wink*]

=Nooo it's not!=

"What the hell does a Science Machine even do?"

=I don't knoww :(=

"Do I need to make more builders blow up?"

=No, don't waaste that gunpowwder, you are going to neeed it!=

"What should I do then?!"

=You could make toools I guess=

"Using what?!"

=Do you see that shiny rock over there?=

Bonnie turns her head, and a shiny piece of flint shows up.

So.

Shiny.

"YEAH!"

=It's flint, a useful material you can use to maake sharp toolss=

Collected the flint and a few twigs, Bonnie tries to make a spear, unsuccesfully.

"I need something to bond them together somehow...like a rope..."

Luckily, a few grass plants were standing near her. Taken that, she approaces her Science Machine ["What the hell does that even mean?!"].

"Ok, now wha-aaaaaaat?!"

Somehow, a picture of what she needed appeared in her mind: a rope!

"Fcuk this thing is so fcuking cool!"

After crafting the rope, making a spear was not that difficult.

And how many other things she realised she could make!

"So.

COOOOOL!"

Laughing and swinging her spear in air, she runs away in a random direction.

"ADVENTUUUURE!"

(tl;dr - Even more insane Tiny Tina with calm alternate personality.)

(I'll edit this post with the sheet once I'm done.)

Ethel opened is eyes, the afternoon sun glaring into them. He sat up, looking around him. He lay in a field of flowers and grass, almost as endless as the eye could see. He rubbed his head, trying to remember how he got here. This certainly wasn't where he last remembered being. At the same time, he didn't really mind the sudden change in scenery. This meadow was calming, the gentle grass, the pleasant breeze. He checked to see what he had on him, to discover everything he was missing everything but his clothes. He noticed a gray book lying beside him. He lifted it up, and the thing was surprisingly heavy. He opened the book for a cloud of dust to fly out. Perhaps a tome would be a better term to describe this dusty old thing, Ethel thought. He looked through it, but every single page was blank.The paper had an old look to it, but it was in good condition. He tried to tear a piece off, but it wouldn't rip. He set the book beside him, and looked up into the sky.

"Man, how did I get into this? Some suit comes up to me and asks what was something I wanted, and I joke and say the power over life and death. Now I'm here. Maybe he didn't like my answer and hit me with something. Whatever, I just need to figure out where I am so I can get home."

Ethel rises to his feet, and brushes off the dirt on his pants. Notices an open satchel to his side, roughly the size of the tome.

"I guess this is where the book goes. Maybe I can make it a journal or something when I get home. It looks pretty cool."

Ethel hooks the satchel around his shoulder, and puts the tome inside. He tug on the collar of his jacket, and starts looking around for any possible landmarks. His searching ends when he comes upon a forest. He stares at the trees, almost blankly.

"I'm definitely not going in there after that crazy nightmare."

Ethel turns, and continues his search elsewhere.

Opal awoke with a start; gasping for breath, breathing heavily, she twitched her head around, hastily taking a brief glance at her surroundings. Her breathing slowed; no town, no house, no murderer. It was just a dream. She was uninjured, but something felt... wrong; her body felt somehow lighter, and any feeling in her left arm was extremely dull, as if the nerves in it had been damaged somehow. She examined her arm, oh god, her arm. From the middle of the forearm down her arm had been replaced by some inky-black sludge-looking substance...
"Wait a minute, isn't this just like..."
"The dream?"
"What!?" Opal jumped up in surprise and, hastily recomposing herself she shouted "Who said that?", "Reveal yourself!" she demanded.
"Happy to oblige."
The oily substance that had replaced her arm began to change, slowly bubbling and shifting until it took on the form of  the upper-torso of a man with a spiky tricorn hairstyle.
"Who... are you?"
"Me? I can be anybody." The form briefly turned to a girl about Opal's age with pigtails that defied gravity, curling up from the sides of her head into a small claw-like shape, holding what looked to be a makeshift lighter in  her hands.

"I can be the Firestarter."

It's form shifted again, this time into a burly man with little hair on his head, but a moustache twice the size his head.

"I can be the Strongman."
"But for now."
His form changed once more, back to the man with the weird hair.
"I will be the Gentleman."

(What have we learned today? Aside from the fact I'm rubbish at describing hairstyles?)

Ethel continued through the meadow until he came upon the wastelands.

"What- there aren't any deserts near where I live... where the hell am I? Forget this, I'm turning around."

As Ethel turns, he feels his satchel vibrate. He pops it open to realize it is the tome that is vibrating. He pulls it out and sees that the cover is slowly turning black.

"What the..."

Ethel turns quickly as he hears growling to see 3 hounds closing in on him fast.

"OH S**T!"

Ethel turns and runs, the hounds are slowly catching up on him.

"F**k f**k f**k f**k F**K! Get away from me!"

The tome is almost flying out of Ethel's hand when it opens by itself. Words quickly write themselves on the pages, as well as various diagrams depicting a figure launching different attacks at other figures. Ethel realizes the words are incantations, and that the diagrams show what the spells do. He turns, and yells the shortest one in panic. A vortex of darkness surrounds one of the hounds, causing it to stop in its tracks. It turns wildly as its movements become more sluggish. Eventually, it falls into slumber. The other hounds look on in fear, but then turn back to Ethel. He reads another incantation, and points at one of the other hounds. A spike of darkness forms above it, and impales the hound's midsection. Ethel flinches as purple blood splatters out of the hound. The last hound looks fearfully at Ethel, and runs away whimpering. Ethel closes the book, as he quietly tries to piece together that he just used magic.

"Holy crap, I'm a f**king magician! Awesome! Come at me , world, 'cause I can take you out!" Ethel approaches the dead hound, careful not to step on any of the blood splatters. He looks at the spike of shadows, and prepares to touch it when it shatters. In its place is a large hole in the hounds side.

"S**t, that's crazy! I am such a badass! If this is the power over life and death, I'm glad that dude took me seriously!"