The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

(Actually, Opal is just running off into the woods to finally look for Ethel after Jakob held her up for god-knows how long (No really, time here is apparently really wonky .-.))

After several minutes of running deeper into the forest, gliding through the natural obstacle course created by errant branches and clusters of trees, light only getting more sparse as she traveled, Opal finally collapsed from exhaustion, falling onto the soft grass breathing heavily, trying to catch her breath. "Etheeeeeeeel!" she yelled as loud as she was able from where she was lying, she stared upwards towards the canopy of trees that stretched out for miles before her, small rays of light shining through the blanket of leaves. One minute... no answer... two minutes... nothing... three minutes... silence. Surely he'd been able to hear her? He couldn't have gone all that far in the time she had spent messing around with that hotheaded pyromancer.  God that was embarrassing. Having caught her breath, Opal stood up and surveyed her surroundings. The forest seemed to stretch out endlessly with no landmarks to speak of, as if it was just the same stretch of woods copied and pasted for miles around. "Alone again I suppose..." she sighed. "Ethel, where are you?"

Ethel waits until the Varg is no longer looking at him, and quickly runs off into the darkness.

Why are you so attracted to the flame human?

It's... safe.

Safe from what?

I don't know...

Ethel closes his eyes, although it didn't matter. He couldn't see anything even with his eyes open. He just hoped he wouldn't run into a tree or anything.

Edited by Will

Within a few seconds of running, a branch clotheslines Ethel square in the face and he falls back and smashes his head on a rock; losing consciousness yet again.

"Maybe you should use that tome of yours more often, you have proven unworthy ignorant human. I hope the hound treats you nicely..."

A couple hounds trot to Ethel's unconscious body and drag him by the arms back to the rest of the pack. 

Holly's torch miraculously didnt die out from the fall. She shone its light on what she tripped over, which, to much of her relief, was a Fireplace, with blocks of wood already filling the center.

"Yes! Thank god!" Holly exclaimed. As she lit the wood, the fire grew larger and larger,filling up the whole circle.

The sun begins to peak over the horizon as the groups separate (because apparently nobody wants to be together), and a warm breeze with a hint of moisture blows through the air. Ethel wakes up in a hole of around twelve feet and there is no sign of anyone.

Turner continues to patrol the empty town, waiting for the next visitor and or Jakob to return.

"It's time to wake up Shana, breakfast is ready."

Jakob sighs as he walks through the forest, fiddling around with the hilt of his broadsword.  The events of the previous night had ended with a disappointingly abrupt climax, and he was still no closer to figuring out where he was or how he had gotten there.  Eventually, he stumbles upon...something.

(This means you, CloakofCrow.)

Opal walked for what felt like hours through the forest, shouting Ethel's name every few minutes until her voice grew hoarse.

She stopped in the middle of the forest, a stretch of wood that looked exactly the same as every other part of it. "Whelp, this is hopeless." she searched around for some loose wood and tinder "Time for plan B I suppose..." after a few minutes, she had a small fire going >"What are you going to do with it... Hm?"< inquired Onyx. "You'll see." she grabbed an unlit torch she constructed from the various branches and grass surrounding her and lit it on the fire. She giggled maniacally and stuck her left arm into the fire, when she pulled it out, the fire had a dark glow, and burned hotter than would be normally possible.

>"Opal, what are you doing?"<

"Well, you see, if we have any hope of leaving here, we're just gonna need to get the attention of the guy that's running the show."

>"And how do you suggest we do that."<

"Like..." with a flourish, she swiped the torch across several trees, lighting them with a black fire almost instantly "This!"

She stepped back to admire her handiwork, the fire spread quickly, burning up the first tree within seconds, and quickly catching on several others while Burn It To The Ground plays in the background

Edited by Blazingice26

Before she even realizes, Shana is being taken to what seems to be a dining hall. A large empty table stretched across the middle of the room, one chair had silverware and a plate set, most likely for her. Vennyle pulls out the chair and asks what she would like to eat.

Jakob finds an ornate knife upon a pile of ashes, it was made of an unfamiliar metal and was cold to the touch.

Vennyle snaps and a strange creature hurries in with the meal, reaching up to the table to give it to Shana; then gives Vennyle a fearful glance and runs back to what was probably the kitchen.

"I'm leaving, but someone will be with you shortly."

Vennyle dissipates into thin air, leaving Shana alone with her food.

Opal leaned against the charred trunk of one of the few trees that hadn't been totally eaten up by the fire, watching the rest of the forest burn around her.

"Well, all we can do now is wait." she sat down, stretching our her legs "It is kinda pretty. The black flames mixing with the morning light." she leaned her head back, staring at the now-unobstructed sky. "I wonder where the others are now. Holly, that fire dude, Ethel... Ah damn it. I knew I was forgetting something, still, there isn't much I can do for him until I find a way out of this forest, hm."

Suddenly, Ethel runs screaming out out of the forest, burning alive from Opal's fire and forgetfulness. 

Jakob looks at the dagger with intrigue, kneeling down to take a closer look.  He picks up the blade, looks at the edge to check the sharpness, then sifts through the ashes.

Shana caught the fearful glance the creature gave Vennyle before it ran of. It raised a small grain of suspicion, but she simply reasoned it had done something like attack a guest; like the hounds had done when she first came here. With nothing else to do, she quietly ate her meal.

The blade conforms to his burnt hands as he picks it up. It then extends to about the length of his current sword and grows flaming hot in his hands. It starts to vibrate and the cross guard glows red.

"Ahh, at last... Someone who has the skill set to wield me properly... At would seem as if my previous master did not... Please, give me a swing at that tree over there; don't worry, I will not dull easily..."

The blade was surprisingly sharp, and had a strangely persuasive effect on Jakob.

Edited by CloakofCrow

(I'm gonna use the spot where the hound attack happened as a focal point. The forest we're in is pretty big... Ethel is far off on the borders of the forest in a hole, Wunan is where the hounds attacked, Bonnie and Holly are not too far from the hound attack, Jakob has wandered off and is somewhere near a border of the forest, Shana is not in a forest but is deep underground, and Opal is going in the direction the hounds took Ethel.)

The blade slides into the tree with ease, the blade hums as it enters, and the tree slowly dies. "Yes... Can you even conceive what you can accomplish with me? Lets try it on those frogs over there..." Sure enough, there was a few ponds in the distance with frogs hopping about, ready to be slaughtered.