The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

"Yea, they grabbed me pretty early so I didn't really get to see what darkness does to people... But based off all the things I've seen here from my group and your group it seems pretty bad."

The guy snaps and the creature comes and picks up their plates, sneering at the man as it passes.

"Everything is much better now after the operation so I wouldn't worry."

Edited by CloakofCrow

(COPYRIGHT AHHHHHHHHHH)

Wunan frowned. There seemed to be some tension in the air, but he didn't quite know why. He looked around, frowning as it grew warmer rather quickly. Certainly that wasn't just the warmth of the newly rising sun... Was it? He continued looking around until his gaze met the wall of dark flame that was cascading towards him.

Oh.

And thus, he ran away.

"Why thank you lady who burned down my house, I just made it up. You should hear a developed song, those are always fun..." The old man stands awkwardly and eventually heads back into his house without a word. The cat on Opal's shoulder meows and starts sniffing the inside of her ear, it's whiskers tickling.

As Wunan runs from the fire, he trips over a dead frog and into a hole, where Ethel stood, stranded.

"Uhm, yea. It seems as if everyone is brought in at once. There were three other people with my group, I never saw them in person though." He scratches the back of his head, "Well I better bring you to the doctor or whatever it's called..." He stands up and motions her to follow him.

Battal arrives at the scene just as the man walks inside (if you didn't see my previous post).

• Like 1

"Everything the seer said was true, I don't think she's allowed to lie or something... Disparel says it makes him look bad if he has to lie to get people to converge... I was pretty ugly and stuff, but now I'm pretty cool."

They approach two gargoyles and the guy begins to leave, "I'll see you after enhancement, or whatever they call it..."

Opal turns her head to look at the cat that she had since disregarded,

"Oh um... Hi."

"Meow"

"You wanna stay up there?"

"Meooow."

"Well. Ok then. But if you're gonna be my pet, then you're gonna need a name."

"Mreow."

"Hmm, in keeping with the general naming theme that we apparently have going on here... How's Gem sound?"

*Purr*

"Gotchya."

Opal then spent the rest of the time waiting for something significant to happen cuddling with her new kitty.

"Human, follow," a gargoyle grumbled. It started walking and the other followed close behind her to keep up her pace.

They entered a chamber where a few heavily draped 'priests' stood. Orbs of light floating above them and their hands crossed across their chests. "Hello Shana, how are you feeling today?" One of them asked.

(Opal, you can control kitty cat now)

Another tune emanated from the old mans house and a bunch of ash and soot puffed out from multiple crevices. He crawled out covered in the stuff and started cursing, "What was yer ding-derned reasoning when you decided to burn down the forest?!"

"Alright Shana, we will ask you a few questions before it starts, ok?"

Everything it asks so it doesn't stretch out...

"How long have you been here? What happened before you came to this world? Who have you met since you've been here? How much have you seen? Do you ever hear voices in your head or have hallucinations? Do you know why we're doing this?" 

(Wunan : Fall in a more hard-boiled manner)

(@Halved if Crow doesn't want too [Or doesn't feel it is the right time] I could re-read through the last 5 or so pages and write up a summary of whats happened so far if you'd like)

Opal shrugged her shoulders "Probably partially because of the frustration from being hopelessly trapped in this place, formerly this forest, presently this entire land-mass; with no friends, home, or way of getting out. And partially because I was bored of spending hours walking around a desolate forest with nothing of any significance happening."

Opal ceases playing with the kitten, relocating it to it's original spot on her shoulder. She turns to Jakob with an equally disdainful gaze. "Certainly not to see you again." The kitten meows in what Opal assumes to be wholehearted agreement.

(From now onwards, any commands directed towards Kitty Mcfluffington (KF) must be done in Problem Sleuth-esque notation.)

Edited by Blazingice26