The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

Most of the trees within a few miles of Opal had already burned down, she had taken once again to walking forward, this time she could clearly see her surroundings. Sadly however, there were no surroundings to be seen, considering they had all been burnt to a crisp moments before. "Hmm. Still nothing." she muttered >"I see your plans, once again, have failed to bear fruits."<

"Yeah, I thought for sure something would happen if we burnt this place to the ground, quite the stalwart dungeon master we have here."

>"Hm?"<

"If anything, we've definitely caused them some grief." and with a dramatic tone "Just imagine, we have whoever has trapped us here, gazing over his creation, this world, and his playthings, us. He's spent days, week, months, maybe even years, constructing this playground for his entertainment, and then he watches as his beloved purgatory is burned to a crisp by one of the unwitting players in his twisted game. He raises his hand to retaliate, but lowers it again realizing this is exactly what his toys want, some sort of validation for their reckless actions. As much as it pains him to do so, he ignores us, tears welling up in his eyes as we destroy the very infrastructure that holds this place together.

>"That's quite the imagination you have there, what makes you think that any of this is true?<"

"Well, think about it. It's not like someone or something, would just put us here for no reason. And it isn't unheard of gods using mortals as unknowing pieces in their games."

>"So if we keep walking." <

"Then eventually something will happen."

>"It must be terribly boring to watch someone traipsing through a desecrated forest."<

"Right."

(I can come up with non-plot advancing shenanigans all day)

• Like 1

As Jakob slashes through the frogs, the sword seems to get more power, eventually erupting in flame. "Kehehe, I enjoy killing things almost as much as you do... Call me whatever you wish, the name binds me to you and I can conform into nobody but you, master... What are you called, master?"

Opal hears screaming as the forest burns down, somebody obviously disliked her decision to start a fire...

A normal looking guy walks into the dining hall where Shana ate. He sits down in the chair in front of her and snaps, the same creature runs out and sets a plate of ham and mashed potatoes and gravy in front of him. He begins to eat, and the creature runs off leaving them alone...

Shana briefly glances at the man without lifting her head, keeping it instead focused on her plate. Subconsciously her shoulders slouch in, making her look smaller; all most as if in an attempt to disappear. She doesn't say a word and quietly continues eating. 

"Now, no offense to your other sword but... There's only room for one of us, and I don't come with a scabbard. But as you can see, I will fit nice and snug into the one you already own."

The guy continues eating, and finally looks at Shana, "Are you the one they're gonna take the darkness out of?"

Jakob pauses for a couple moments, then pulls out his broadsword.  He had made it himself, over 2 long years of painstaking labor.  It was perfectly attuned to his pyromancy.  It was balanced exactly to his strength.  It was one of the only objects he truly owned.

He tosses it aside, and looks at Solortus with glee.  "I think we'll get along just fine."  He says, before sheathing it in the scabbard of his old weapon.

The scabbard changes into the same metal as the sword, most likely to contain it's power. "Let's find more stuff to kill."

A crazed bearded man runs towards Opal screaming and yelling. "What have you done! My house is burning down and all my stuff is in there!"
The guy finished eating and wiped his mouth, "I had it done too, it's pretty weird, but its for a good cause according to everyone here. I have my doubts but the darkness sounds pretty bad."

(Damn.)

"Well, for starters. I died, woke up here, met this one guy. Then there were a bunch of people in the middle of the woods. And there was this pyro dude" she raised her eyebrow, and pretended to think "And then I burned down this forest, yep, that about covers it."

(OPAL: BATTLE TECHNIQUE -> SMARTASSERY)

Edited by Blazingice26

=" Um... Can we do that? "=

=>" I'm not sure, but you should be able to pass through the fire unharmed."<=

"Uhm... Sorry dude, I don't think I can put it out." she glanced over at his house "That's no normal fire, but I can probably go in there and get your things out for you."

"Jeeze guy, it's only a bit of fire. Calm down." Opal stepped inside the house, and, sure enough, aside from feeling a bit warmer, the inferno that had overtaken the rest of the house didn't effect her at all. She began searching around the house, picking up things of value and looking for his "music"

Inside, Opal sees a guitar and a case next to it, a cat claws up Opal's leg and clings to her shoulder in panic and other various animals flail about as the house catches on fire. Nothing else seemed to be of value other than the instrument and the case, the animals were also probably important to him as well.

Jakob makes his way to the fire where he sees an old man with his hands on his head, going slightly crazy.

Edited by CloakofCrow

Opal runs towards the case and guitar, taking one in each hand, careful not to disturb the, quite frankly, absolutely adorable kitten that has taken up residence on her right shoulder. She stands near the doorway, the cat still clinging onto her for it's life; trying to goad the rest of the animals out, but to no avail, she never was any good with animals other than cats. She just manages to clear the exit as the house collapses, saving the kitten and the musical equipment.

"Well..." Opal says, offering a helpful explanation "Remember when I said I died earlier, yeah, when I was somehow revived I woke up here with this instead of my left arm" she said in a rapid-fire sort of way, motioning towards her left arm "A little while ago I figured out that I could manipulate this sorta darkness-stuff." she pauses for a moment, catching her breath "Anyways, I used said powers to infuse the initial fire that started this fire with darkness so it became a super-fire which burns much faster and hotter than any sort of normal fire. Due to the fact that I am apparently made of the same stuff that this stuff is made of, I'm able to pass through the fire without anything short of a slight increase in warmth." she said, with a matter-of-fact tone. She pointed her head house-ward "And uh... Sorry for burning down your house, I didn't think there was anyone else in this forest."

(I would think doing that would do the opposite of what you said regarding the fact that fire is practically opposite of darkness in this world but whatever.)

The old man seemed to understand everything she said, he then picked up his guitar, "Let's extinguish this damned fire now that I have my music..." The old man starts strumming a sad melody.

Please fire go away

Nobody likes you please decay

You burnt down my house now you will pay

You're fat and ugly... Hurray...

The fire around his house starts dying down as he sings, but the rest of the forest keeps burning.

Edited by CloakofCrow